Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former Cast Member

Horrible Experience Which Pratically Ruined My Christmas...........

Here is a sucky little experience I had to endure. My wife has been a long time Dopey fan and over the past few years I have added to her growing collection. One item she did not have was the big statue of Dopey. She has tried, unsuccessfully, ti win the item on ebay, when it came up for auction. Unfortunately she would never win. Anyway, last week I found one for auction with no bidders. I put in on watch and on the day it was to end, I made a bid with about 40 seconds left for $250 (it was going for $150). Well within the last few seconds two other bidders tried to bid, but I ended up winning it. I was soooo ecstatic, knowing that I was going to totally surprise my wife. Anyway, I shot off an email to the seller, who lives in PA. I asked him if it would arrive by Christmas. First off he took it upon himself to priotiy mail it w/o contacting me. He then emailed me back stating that I owed him an additional #20 for the express shipping. Well I had no prob with that. I ended up getting the box this past Saturday. I took it over to my mom's house, where she was going to help me wrap it. Well we opened the box and the Dopey statue was completely broken. My heart totally dropped. I was so frickin angry that I wanted my fist going through a wall. The way the person wrapped this fragile item was disgraceful. It was wrapped in a weak one sheet tissue paper and a one sheet, flimsy foam wrap and then the box was stuffed loosely with balled up newspaper and one layer of newspaper at the bottom of the box. This seller did insure the box, so now I will probably have to file a claim with the post office, but I have to wait 21 days after the mailing of this box to do it (which does not make sense). I have emailed this person, with no response. I have another recourse to go through ebay and file a claim with them as well, but this all takes time and I am out $200. I ended up finding another statue and bought it for $130.00. I pleaded with this seller (from Florida) to make sure to package the item right and safely, so I do not experience this situation again. Anyway the element of surprise is gone. Oh well !!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Horrible Experience Which Pratically Ruined My Christmas...........

I'd leave negative feedback on ebay.

That sucks that happened.

• Banned User

21 days? If it was USPS you can go file a claim as soon as it arrives damaged. I don't know about UPS, FedEx or other shipping companies, but the Postal Service won't make you wait. Did the sender tell you that or something?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

That sucks. Did you leave feedback for him?

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    21 days? If it was USPS you can go file a claim as soon as it arrives damaged. I don't know about UPS, FedEx or other shipping companies, but the Postal Service won't make you wait. Did the sender tell you that or something?

It is the plicy of the USPS to have a person wait for 21 days after the mailing. All the info is on their web site. That policy totally sucks, just more red tape the average person has to go through.

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    That sucks. Did you leave feedback for him?

I will definitely leave VERY bad feedback for him, but not until this affair is over with. It is funny how I pay immediately for the item, yet he waits for me to leave feedback first. I tell you he had better acknowledge his wrong doing in this matter. He also has a 14 day return policy. He has not answered my email, so he better not be avoiding me.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

What a bummer. I'm sorry!
    <o>

• Banned User

I am so sorry, I was ticked off this week to, I finally found a spiderman costume that has fiberoptics and muscles. my boy has wanted it forever and when I found one I bid and won. when it arrived the tag was glued onto the costume and it had acual mold on it. the fiber optics did not work, and I have played hell all over town trying to find the button batteries that fit it. I finally got it clean, and looking good, but no where in town had the stupid batteries. seems there was a run on them. the seller sent it out 10 days later aftewr I paid 30 seconds later on ebay thru paypal! So I get it, it sucks and he says" Well I believe it was in good shap when I sent it. as it was new.... yeah new in some back garage!!
    It sucks big time when crap goes wrong, I am so sorry for the poor goofy.
    Your a wonderful husband, do not worry, she adores you for thinking so much of her to work this hard in getting her one.
    I gave the son the costume today, he is pretty happy with it though..

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Amazon told me that if I shipped 2 things seperately (a cookbook in one package and then Preserve stuff in another) I would get them in time for Christmas (the fancy recycled toothbrushes and the fancy razors.). It cost $20 in shipping. I was told one package would get here the 18th the other the 21st. The cookbook came the 15th (2 days) and I still don't have the toothbrushes or razors. Which wouldn't be an issue except I told everyone "don't get toothbrushes or razors for stockings!" Kinda' pissed. If I had known this 13 days ago I would have just gone down the hill...That's my online vent.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

You might want to file a complaint against the seller through ebay as well if you can.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Amazon told me that if I shipped 2 things seperately (a cookbook in one package and then Preserve stuff in another) I would get them in time for Christmas (the fancy recycled toothbrushes and the fancy razors.). It cost $20 in shipping. I was told one package would get here the 18th the other the 21st. The cookbook came the 15th (2 days) and I still don't have the toothbrushes or razors. Which wouldn't be an issue except I told everyone "don't get toothbrushes or razors for stockings!" Kinda' pissed. If I had known this 13 days ago I would have just gone down the hill...That's my online vent.
    wow I got super saver shipping on Amazon and I got all my packages in less then 3 days! that sucks, I hope they come soon.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    wow I got super saver shipping on Amazon and I got all my packages in less then 3 days! that sucks, I hope they come soon.
    if they are from third party benders they don't ship through amazon. I always get my amazon orders in 2 days...third party venders are a crap shoot.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

This isn't a 3rd party. It's part of Amazon. I just got an email saying... it's odd they said originally that it will just arrive late and then halfway through it says it appears my package is lost in transit. I can get a full refund or it will come. I am tempted to say I want the package, but at a discount because it was specifically for Christmas, I ordered it early and got irked.

• no flash photography...

^^
    that sucks. Like I said I've only had issues with the third party venders.

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    I will definitely leave VERY bad feedback for him, but not until this affair is over with. It is funny how I pay immediately for the item, yet he waits for me to leave feedback first. I tell you he had better acknowledge his wrong doing in this matter. He also has a 14 day return policy. He has not answered my email, so he better not be avoiding me.
    Oh I HATE sellers that wait to leave feedback; they are supposed to give feedback based on how the payment goes not based on what you give them.

Good luck getting it resolved!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast