Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: So How's 2007 Been For You So Far?

Good gosh - I hope 2008 is better than 2007. Many of you know my story.......so I won't go into it..........but I will say:

No cancer in 2008
    A fantabulous job in 2008
    A new car in 2008 (because we need a 2nd one)

I'm looking forward to a new beginning.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    There were a lot of great things that happened to us this year, personally and professionally, but they were outweighed by, among other things, my wife's miscarriage, my uncle's death, two great-uncle's deaths, one of my associates' mother dying, a client's father dying, a few setbacks in cases, a car accident that has had my car in the shop all month, and a few lesser things. 2007 stunk. I'm ready for 2008.
    I need to append my original answer:

Having had my appendix nearly explode and kill me this weekend, I am so done with 2007. It sucked, and for all intents and purposes, it is over for me now. I'm hoping for a much better 2008, just as soon as I can walk around again.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Having had my appendix nearly explode and kill me this weekend, I am so done with 2007. It sucked, and for all intents and purposes, it is over for me now. I'm hoping for a much better 2008, just as soon as I can walk around again.
    My goodness Pete! I'm so glad you came out of ot more or less alright! You're in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm sure that watching USC rip Illinois to shreds on Tuesday will aid your recuperation.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• love my friends

please feel better soon my friend
    hugs to you..

Friends for life

• Banned User

Oh my gosh!! yeah, 2007 was crappy for you, hurry 2008 !!!!! Feel better steam, I am sorry you have been ill .

• Minion

2007 really was not very good for me. It seemed primarily like a year of failures for me and I was just really sad for most of it. Nonetheless, I'll post some of the highlights:
    - Changed majors (Goodbye engineering, hello business)
    - Had a full time job for the first time
    - Got a decent internship
    - Became much closer to my friend, Steve

Lowlights:
    - had to withdraw from physics for fear of failing
    - great grandmother died at the age of 99
    - drifted apart from too many friends and fought with my best friend too much
    - managed to fail driving test 3 times (still haven't passed)
    - spent way too much time over thinking

• Queen of Randomness

I just had the best semester at school this fall. Got to know people better in my major. Got to go to DL twice (once with the love of my life which I've always wanted to do). Meet, fell in love and got engaged to my future husband.

Had to take the worst class ever in the spring and that resulting in myself getting sick. I had to quit my job due to verbal abuse by my employer. My roommate and I don't get along and now I don't like being in my own apartment.

2008 is mixed because in January alone one of my friends (who has been better to me than any friend has ever been) is going on his mission so I will only get to talk to him through letters and he's going to miss my wedding. I am finally going to be able to go to Disney World for the first time for a week. I get to finally live by myself.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    My goodness Pete! I'm so glad you came out of ot more or less alright! You're in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm sure that watching USC rip Illinois to shreds on Tuesday will aid your recuperation.
    I have tickets to that game, too. The doctor says if I keep improving like I have been, I can go, but I can't drive, I can't drink, and I can't eat anything that they sell there. And if anyone bumps into me, I'm going to be hating life. My brother says I'm nuts to keep saying I want to go.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Winter in Oceanside...

Having had my appendix nearly explode and kill me this weekend,
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that!

Another negative for our family: DH last remaining aunt (and his favorite) has been in the hospital all holiday season with kidney failure and resulting series of strokes. Doctors can't do anything about the strokes because of the kidney problem. She lives far away in another state so we can't jump over to visit her.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post

Another negative for our family: DH last remaining aunt (and his favorite) has been in the hospital all holiday season with kidney failure and resulting series of strokes. Doctors can't do anything about the strokes because of the kidney problem. She lives far away in another state so we can't jump over to visit her.
    so sorry yvonne

Friends for life

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post

I am truly sorry. such sad news.
    My prayers are with her at this time, and you, hubby and the family.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123