Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Is my phone LG enV gone?

I have the LG enV and I dropped it in the sink a little bit ago. The screen has gone all black. Have I pretty much lost it? at first it was working barley, I have given up hope and confirmed its death but I am not sure it may have a chance. It was dropped in a sink full of water.
    Har har har

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Re: Is my phone LG enV gone?

It may work after you let it dry out thoroughly. Dropping it in water will void any warranty on it though.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 6956 miles, 398,000 feet

• no flash photography...

Sometimes if you just don't try to turn it on and let it dry out really well it will work.

Unfortunately my luck has been they don;t work. I accidentally dropped a mini mps player in a glass of water. It plays, but the volume tends to adjust in it's own now.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Ouch! I feel your pain! What everyone suggests is true, don't try and turn it on. Remove the battery from the phone and let the every piece dry overnight on a papertowel. My old cell phone worked the next day after a wash in the clothes washer but not at 100%, I do wish you luck however!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Yeah it's pretty much gone. After it dries it will work somewhat then either die out or certain things won't work. There is a slim chance that it will work again but I seriously doubt it. Sorry.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Take out the battery and let it and the phone sit for a few days to completely dry out. Then put the battery back in once its all dry and see if it works. Just remember it has to air dry. Don't put in the oven or microwave or use a hair dryer as it can damage the device further. Good luck!

• Minion

I have lost my phone to the water today. I woke up and the screen was all black, it was trying to stay alive. No luck. Good thing I bought that $4.99 premium insurance!
    Har har har

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

The insurance usually does not cover water damage. You possibly can buy a replacement screen on Ebay if you are feeling handy. Besides it is quite possible that even with a new screen that the phone will not work. Have fun shopping!
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    The insurance usually does not cover water damage. You possibly can buy a replacement screen on Ebay if you are feeling handy. Besides it is quite possible that even with a new screen that the phone will not work. Have fun shopping!
    Insurance includes water damage. Any type of user caused damage is included with insurance.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Minion

This is what verizon says:
    Complete protection for your wireless equipment at a low price. It combines the benefits of Wireless Phone Protection (offered by third-party insurance provider) with the discounted Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty program.
    If your phone or covered accessories are inoperable for any reason—lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning—you can be covered. Wireless Phone Protection and Extended Warranty are both available individually or as part of the Total Equipment Coverage package

Its malfunctioning, it was before I dropped it. I just left it because it wasn't all the time. During calls I couldn't hear anything and I would have to call the person back to hear them. I said oh whatever no big deal because it only happened everyone once in a great while.
    Har har har

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Shortly after you bought the phone you should have received the insurance contract in the mail. Pull it out and read the insurance contract, it is the binding agreement not a web page blurb. It will also tell you how much your deductible is and how to report your claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Minion

Shortly after you bought the phone you should have received the insurance contract in the mail. Pull it out and read the insurance contract, it is the binding agreement not a web page blurb. It will also tell you how much your deductible is and how to report your claim.

its a $50.00 Deductible.
    Har har har

• And, THEN she said...

I just went thru this..after you pay the 50.00 a new phone will be out to you in 24 hours. Asurion is very easy to deal with I was expecting it to be a pain in the a$$, but it was the easiest claim I had ever filed..and, if you have trouble with the replacement phone call the insurance comp and they will try to fix it and if not, they will send another phone abnd it will not go toward your 2 claim limit with Verizon.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer View Post
    I just went thru this..after you pay the 50.00 a new phone will be out to you in 24 hours. Asurion is very easy to deal with I was expecting it to be a pain in the a$$, but it was the easiest claim I had ever filed..and, if you have trouble with the replacement phone call the insurance comp and they will try to fix it and if not, they will send another phone abnd it will not go toward your 2 claim limit with Verizon.

Agreed! Asurion is very GOOD! I called at 3:30Pm and I will be getting my replacement tomorrow!
    Its totally worth $50.00 especially since overnight shipping cost like $40.00 bucks alone!
    Har har har

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I dropped my first enV(first gen enV) in the hot tub a week after I got it, paid my $50 and got a new one in 48 hours. Sent my second enV in because it stopped charging(due to user malfunction...aka I kept dropping it ) Assurion is quick and great to deal with! (I have the green enV now, great phone! )

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast