Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• no flash photography...

Re: Tiger Kills Teen at San Francisco Zoo

They said on the ktla news this morning that they found a shoe and blood inside the enclosure or by the tiger gate. (It really didn't make sense to me) , but they feel someone was hanging their legs or other limbs inside the tiger enclosure it tease the tiger.

That is just plain stupidity!!!

• Hooterville, USA

And people are always surprised when a "wild" animal acts "wild".

We've seen too many Lion King movies.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

This is all to similar with a video I watched a while back. The person who feeds the lions was basically trapped in the lion's mouth. The video was taken in India. The lion wouldn't let him go and the guy was in shock. They had to shoot the lion to release the feeder.

That was a video I wish I never watched. Terrible story all the way around.

Chad

• Waiting for the stork

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE View Post
    I too am awaiting osh report , I just cannot believe that a tiger somehow got thru those bars,or over them to attack a visitor. It is a crime scence area since they are looking to see if someone helped the tiger out. If that is the case that person is responsible for the death of a person, the tiger and for taking away a comforting thought that you can go to a zoo and enjoy the animals. We are in an age that is animal friendly, no fur coats, habitant friendly, natural setting and diet, I find it very incomprehensible that this tiger just "escaped". I feel so sorry for the family. Every little kid goes "roar" to the tigers and lions and I am sure that zoos are well aware of this and the exhibits are designed for safety of both the animals and patrons.
    The bars in the big cat house are the enclosures for public feeding demos. NOT where the cats are rutinely kept.

The Big cat enlosures at SF zoo are out doors with space for the Cats to play. They are landscaped and pretty nice actualy....

also surrounded by a moat.

The Tiger didn't get through any bars, he jumped a mote...or based on news stories, if someone was dangeling a leg into the moat...the Tiger is at the bottom (18 feet) the Tiger could potentialy stand up on hind legs, grab front legs with claws and climb out....not so far fetched if you have ever seen a tiger stretch to full hight, and you take into concideration the easily 3 feet length of the mans legs....a little jump up grab on and the cat is out!

I am saddened for the family, but I strongly feel that kid probably teased and provoked the Tiger. I am also sad for the Tiger and the zoo, who do care for these animals and love them as well...the Tiger was acting on instinct...just because an animal is in a zoo, does NOT make it domesticated...these are wild animals acting like animals do...

watch a house cat when you dangle a toy in front of it....see what happens. a cat is a cat running on instinct....weither 8 lbs or 1000 lbs it's still an instictual creature.

My condolences with the boys family, really they are, but most likely the victim himself provoked the Tiger and gave her the means for escape...

This is just a tragedy all around

procrastibating

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    This is all to similar with a video I watched a while back. The person who feeds the lions was basically trapped in the lion's mouth. The video was taken in India. The lion wouldn't let him go and the guy was in shock. They had to shoot the lion to release the feeder.

Chad

Where did you see that video? I'm just curious.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Where did you see that video? I'm just curious.
    There is a website I go to that has witty captions for each video, but you never know what you are going to see. I forget the caption but maybe there is a search option. I have see things on that site that I will never forget (in a bad way).

I'll PM the site to you since most of the stuff is not for kids. You're over 18 right?

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Chad
    There is a website I go to that has witty captions for each video, but you never know what you are going to see. I forget the caption but maybe there is a search option. I have see things on that site that I will never forget (in a bad way).

I'll PM the site to you since most of the stuff is not for kids. You're over 18 right?
    Here's one from a site that I think does not post any sexual stuff.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=333_1177624795
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Goofy

wild animals need to be in the wild and deserve to be treated with respect. Its sad that this had to happen because of some joker or whoever did this.

• Banned User

It's a tragic situation all the way around. As much as I love the zoo, I also find it really sad that these animals are plucked from their natural environments and put on display.

• Waiting for the stork

most of the animals in zoos are not "plucked from their natural habitats" to be put on display...

most are actualy saved by being in zoos, the majority are animals that were injured or otherwise un-fit for survival in the wild. In zoos they are cared for and even loved by their handlers.

they get medical care, meals specialy designed for their needs. they are pampered a lot like your pets at home.

not only that zoos and animal sactuaries of all types play a large role in keeping many species from endangered status. and helping animals that need it. Some animals breed in captivity are able to be released thus helping the species grow, some are rescued from a tragic situation, rehabilitated and then re-released (I am to tired to dig up the specifics on this right now)

they are still "wild" animals in the fact that they are not domesticated. they are not pets, nor should they be thought of that way...(still use all their insitncts the way nature intended, as was so tragicly demonstraited here)

other animals were born in captivity, and would not survive the wild as they are not accustomed to it.

and yes, I realize there are those who will speak otherwise of zoos as being horrible places to confine animals, but in fact most are very respectable and truely do love and care for the animals.

As I stated earlier, the big cat display at SFZoo is actualy quite pretty and landscaped, these cats (and other animals) are pampered.

it's not quite the horrible situation (zoo's) many would have you believe.
    Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 12-27-2007 at 11:38 PM.
    procrastibating

• Goofy

wow thanks for these nice kind words. I haven't visited a zoo for a long time and now im going to the zoo to see these beautiful animals.

• Banned User

My post was in bad taste, sure, but I hardly meant any harm. However, this teen wasn't murdered, because animals are animals. They're pretty sure that not only was the wall not high enough, but that these teens were taunting the animal. If they were then they got what was coming to them. I won't feel sorry for them just like I didn't feel sorry for Sigfried or Roy, whichever one got hurt. If the teens were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, then I feel sorry for their family and I hope they sue.

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22719922/

SAN FRANCISCO - One of the three victims of San Francisco Zoo tiger attack was intoxicated and admitted to yelling and waving at the animal while standing atop the railing of the big cat enclosure, police said in court documents filed Thursday.
    Paul Dhaliwal, 19, told the father of Carlos Sousa Jr., 17, who was killed, that the three yelled and waved at the tiger but insisted they never threw anything into its pen to provoke the cat, according to a search warrant affidavit obtained by the San Francisco Chronicle.
    "As a result of this investigation, (police believe) that the tiger may have been taunted/agitated by its eventual victims," according to Inspector Valerie Matthews, who prepared the affidavit. Police believe that "this factor contributed to the tiger escaping from its enclosure and attacking its victims," she said.
    The Photo's they are trying to get a warrent to retrieve reportedly show the 3 hanging over the railing, and the Tiger jumping up the wall towards them as they taunted it. Thier attorney Mark Geragos, (same one that defended Scott Peterson) has said these were good boys just enjoying a nice day at the zoo together, and does not want the cell phone photo's, the booze and drugs from the car, or the eye witness accounts to be used in the investigation.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    does not want the cell phone photo's, the booze and drugs from the car, or the eye witness accounts to be used in the investigation.
    Yeah, who needs evidence. Good lawyer, worked wonders for Scott Peterson.

• Minion

I really don't think the tiger is to blame here. The teens provoked it you cannot expect an animal that was provoked to not do something its in the tigers nature to do something, was it wrong yes, should the teens be sueing no. they have no reason too, and I hope the judge dismisses there case.
    Har har har

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast