Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Tiger Kills Teen at San Francisco Zoo

Did you hear the latest report? One of the teens admitted that he and his buddies were
    drunk and stoned and standing on the rail taunting the tiger. And they have evidence of part of a footprint on the railing.

Sorry if someone's already said this....I didn't go back and read every post before this.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22719922/

The Photo's they are trying to get a warrent to retrieve reportedly show the 3 hanging over the railing, and the Tiger jumping up the wall towards them as they taunted it. Thier attorney Mark Geragos, (same one that defended Scott Peterson) has said these were good boys just enjoying a nice day at the zoo together, and does not want the cell phone photo's, the booze and drugs from the car, or the eye witness accounts to be used in the investigation.
    Dude the fame seeking attorney is citing these were good boys? I am a good girl, and I know better than to taunt a tiger. That's just instinct there. Don't taunt the big scary cat.

I was watching CSI last night and Grissom said something like "when man first came out there was the man that saw something, thought it was tiger/lion/something and ran. Others thought it was the wind. We are the descendants of the man who ran." Kinda' relates to this (even though it was relating to God). Man knows fear big cat, that man lives. Man who stays and taunts the big cat dies because he's a dumb butt.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Yeah, who needs evidence. Good lawyer, worked wonders for Scott Peterson.
    People hire lawyers for the strangest reasons. Personally, I would never hire a guy who's lost as many high profile cases as this guy, but he seems to keep getting work. How losing a death penalty trial, a celebrity shoplifting trial, and getting kicked off a singer's molestation case translates into being the best tiger attack lawyer out there escapes me.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    People hire lawyers for the strangest reasons. Personally, I would never hire a guy who's lost as many high profile cases as this guy, but he seems to keep getting work. How losing a death penalty trial, a celebrity shoplifting trial, and getting kicked off a singer's molestation case translates into being the best tiger attack lawyer out there escapes me.
    I bet he is working for free, these guys seem to have about the same amount of money and common sense.

Well, you usually get what you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    LOL! Good post Pete. I don't even think a google search of "Tiger mauling lawyers" would get you what you were looking for. Unless you were looking for a tiger mauling an attorney.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Does the Zoo not have security cameras at major animal enclosures? This had to have been caught on tape.

Stupid kids.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

He probably contacted the attorney. There are attorneys who listen to the police scanner and then they contact you. Happened to two people I know. Got DUIs and suddenly their email box was filled with "DUI Attorney you qualify as a loop hole!" Same with their voice mail boxes.

• Banned User

After hearing the latest I have to say, regardless of how extreme it is, that these punks deserved it and that the survivors should be prosecuted for the loss of the innocent tiger, and perhaps even animal cruelty. I don't think there is anyone who would disagree that getting stoned and blitzed and then dangling part of your body into a wild predator's habitat while yelling and taunting it is a very, very bad idea and that whatever outcome those actions bring about is probably deserved. Sadly we live in a culture of not accepting personal responsibility, but I would hope that in this case someone forces it onto the fools.

I'm also still baffled as to why the cat had to be killed as I would assume that a zoo has plenty of tranquilizers and dart guns. Was there not even any attempt to subdue the animal first? Or did they just go straight to LAPD-ing it?

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I'm also still baffled as to why the cat had to be killed as I would assume that a zoo has plenty of tranquilizers and dart guns. Was there not even any attempt to subdue the animal first? Or did they just go straight to LAPD-ing it?
    Experts have said that a tranquilizer would not have worked nearly fast enough - that it could have taken minutes for it to work.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I don't think there is anyone who would disagree that getting stoned and blitzed and then dangling part of your body into a wild predator's habitat while yelling and taunting it is a very, very bad idea and that whatever outcome those actions bring about is probably deserved. Sadly we live in a culture of not accepting personal responsibility, but I would hope that in this case someone forces it onto the fools.

I'll go ahead and disagree with you on the "whatever outcome those actions bring about is probably deserved" part. Yes they were stupid, but one did not deserve to get killed over this. The fact is the wall was 4 feet lower than recommended by their own accrediting association had just as much to contribute to the teens death as their stupidity.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    I'll go ahead and disagree with you on the "whatever outcome those actions bring about is probably deserved" part. Yes they were stupid, but one did not deserve to get killed over this. The fact is the wall was 4 feet lower than recommended by their own accrediting association had just as much to contribute to the teens death as their stupidity.

Your right the zoo is partly accountable for the death, due to them not having tall enough bars, but this tiger shouldn't have even been provoked by the teenager, so in all its a half and half situation. The teen contributed to his own death. You don't mess with animals, there actually intelligent, and do remember things.
    Har har har

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Experts have said that a tranquilizer would not have worked nearly fast enough - that it could have taken minutes for it to work.
    I hadn't read that bit in the couple of reports I've seen. That's very unfortunate. I had always believed that there were tranquilizers strong enough to quickly bring down any animal. I remember watching a National Geographic special where an elephant had to be drugged for tagging and such and it went right down within seconds of being shot. Could this be an issue of metabolism or such? My veterinary knowledge is admittedly non-existent, so I'm honestly curious.

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    I've heard this wall argument before and I really see it as a somewhat desperate attempt to absolve the teens of their guilt and responsibility. (Desperate in general, not referring to you or your post.) This is just my opinion, but whether the wall was four feet higher, lower or no different it worked sufficiently to protect both animal and guest for years until it was deliberately breached by pothead hooligans. We have a similarly arranged tiger pit here at our zoo and while it would be easy to crawl across the rail and hang over the wall, I (and everyone else who visits our zoo I would imagine) understand that if one were to do so and ended up getting eaten then the fault really lies with the person who purposely and willfully breached the exhibit. We all know that tigers are wild, meat eating predators and will, especially when provoked, attack. Is the argument, then, that "I should be able to dangle into the tiger exhibit without being eaten" really logical?

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

I've heard this wall argument before and I really see it as a somewhat desperate attempt to absolve the teens of their guilt and responsibility. (Desperate in general, not referring to you or your post.) This is just my opinion, but whether the wall was four feet higher, lower or no different it worked sufficiently to protect both animal and guest for years until it was deliberately breached by pothead hooligans. We have a similarly arranged tiger pit here at our zoo and while it would be easy to crawl across the rail and hang over the wall, I (and everyone else who visits our zoo I would imagine) understand that if one were to do so and ended up getting eaten then the fault really lies with the person who purposely and willfully breached the exhibit. We all know that tigers are wild, meat eating predators and will, especially when provoked, attack. Is the argument, then, that "I should be able to dangle into the tiger exhibit without being eaten" really logical?
    I understand what you are saying, but at this point it failed to protect both animal and guest didn't it? Heck, you could put up a rope instead of a wall and to some point, its going to protect the people and animal. That in no way means that it was designed right. I am going to go ahead and assume that the accrediting organization takes things like stupid people and the jumping and climbing abilities of animals into account when designing the guidelines for an enclosure or else why would the bother with it in the first place? If your zoo is designed correctly, a person should be able to breach the first wall and still be safe. Now if the kid jumped down into the moat, different story. In this case however, if the wall had been the minimum height as put forth by the zoo's own accrediting organization would the animal and human be alive today? Stupity is not reason enough to get killed.

by the way, do the walls on the tiger enclosure in your zoo meet the minimum requirements?
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I say the same thing as drunk drivers on the mtn:
    Natural Selection

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garbear View Post
    Your right the zoo is partly accountable for the death, due to them not having tall enough bars, but this tiger shouldn't have even been provoked by the teenager, so in all its a half and half situation. The teen contributed to his own death. You don't mess with animals, there actually intelligent, and do remember things.
    I never said that the animals weren't intelligent the same as I never said the kids were. The fact is if the walls had met the minimum requirements, the tiger and the kid would still be alive no matter how stupid he was.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast