Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

eeeekkk!! Look at this spider!

Ok, I am NOT hanging washing on my line!!
    I did wash on weednesday last, and went out to hang some yesterday and found THIS!! It's a female golden orb weaver, and the little one is her husband LOL LOL LOL. Now these things make HUGE nests, and can have a heap of boys on the side LOL LOL LOL. This nest is only new, so it goes from the clothesline to the back fence to the hot water system!!!!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Banned User

Re: eeeekkk!! Look at this spider!

OMgoodness!! and now you know why I do not live any where warm LOL!! to scary !!!! I hear where you live you have to check your shoes for these things, in fact where you live there are the most dangerous bugs and such in the world Tassie, I am freaked just looking here!

• Banned User

I say get the spray out and kill the sucker, and spray the perimiter of your house and yard. kill everything !!!

• Minion

LOL LOL LOL I'd be spraying from here until the world ended if I was to spray every bug LOL LOL LOL Apparently they are pretty poisonious but not to humans, but it's sooo big and the web, or nest is only going to get bigger and bigger as she gets more guys LOL LOL.
    The number one snake in the WORLD is the most common where I live, so if I see a snake, chances are is the most deadly snake in the world (and we do see quite a few every summer).
    Every weep hole around my house has red backs which are the same as a black widdow, but the red is on the back, not under the abdomen

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• For You!

Ick. That's just horrible. I hate spiders.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• no flash photography...

that si so cool. I wish I was there to take more pictures of it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tassie View Post
    LOL LOL LOL I'd be spraying from here until the world ended if I was to spray every bug LOL LOL LOL Apparently they are pretty poisonious but not to humans, but it's sooo big and the web, or nest is only going to get bigger and bigger as she gets more guys LOL LOL.
    The number one snake in the WORLD is the most common where I live, so if I see a snake, chances are is the most deadly snake in the world (and we do see quite a few every summer).
    Every weep hole around my house has red backs which are the same as a black widdow, but the red is on the back, not under the abdomen
    I would get some of that extra strength bug killing stuff, and a big pump and begin spraying holes, and every possible nook and cranny. I do every year and they stay clear of my house. when we first movied in, there was every bug in this town living here, I called the orkin man, had him sray the inside, out side and all over the darn place. nothing moved for a year. I have them come every year I do not know how you folks in bug heaven do it! thank ghoodness the snow is worth something, we do not get much of anything here, its to cold

• Banned User

How about knocking his nest down, and killing it, that way you stop the mating and the millions of babies that will come of that unholy reunion? this way you at least do not have millions more making nexts all over the place. my goodness, I would be afraid to let my kids out with red backs and what you got there, heck I am scared just reading this page ...... Im gone!!

Karla, my sis-in-law said the same thing this weekend! They live in Colorado, and she chooses cold over bugs and snakes. The cold up there kills everything.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Karla, my sis-in-law said the same thing this weekend! They live in Colorado, and she chooses cold over bugs and snakes. The cold up there kills everything.
    Yes, just when i think it sucks to live here and to freeze my butt off 6 or 7 months of the year, I am grateful not to see what a lot of warm climate people see. we have rattle snakes, but I never saw one So I am thankful I live here where the grass is brown ( 7 months of the year) and the bugs are all dead

Leave them alone. They keep the mosquito population down. My sister has a ton of those things living around her house, and they're really very harmless. I actually think they're neat looking, and the webs they build are amazing. Usually wherever alot of those show up is where alot of nats, flys and mosquitos live. I'd take the docile and pretty spiders over those pests any day. But then again I don't have arachniphobia.

• Goofy

how about wash it down like the itsy bitsy spider song lol.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Actually, spiders are good luck around the house, and the tale is that you may capture them and move them to a safe place, they tell the other spiders that you are kind--and also, the first spider you find in your new home you're supposed to set free as well.

But you are in Australia and your vermin and our vermin are quite different (like your 'redbacks,' I've heard tales!). So go with what science tells you!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• up to no good

AGH! I have goose bumps just looking at that spider.

My apartment use to have a lot of daddy long leg spiders and jumping spiders.

The jumping ones I like cause they bascially stayed at the window catching bugs so those I left alone as for the daddy long legs and any other I would try and take them outside.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    Actually, spiders are good luck around the house, and the tale is that you may capture them and move them to a safe place, they tell the other spiders that you are kind--and also, the first spider you find in your new home you're supposed to set free as well.

But you are in Australia and your vermin and our vermin are quite different (like your 'redbacks,' I've heard tales!). So go with what science tells you!

Peace,
    Roo
    WELL, THE SPIDERS AROUND HERE SCREAM .. RUN SHE WILL KILL YOU!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, DO NOT GO NEAR HER HOME !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast