• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

WDW CM suspended for using a flashlight...

I decided to not place this as news, or in the WDW section, as the main thrust of the article discusses what this person did off duty, it just happens that he works for WDW (or did...)

http://www.local6.com/news/4777892/detail.html

A 32-year-old man in Clermont, Fla., is accused of standing naked in the window of his home and using a flashlight to expose himself to people passing by, police told Local 6 News.

Three men called police Tuesday to report Daniel Cioffi was exposing himself.

When officers investigated, the Walt Disney World employee told investigators he was using the flashlight to clean cobwebs.

Cioffi has been placed on unpaid leave, pending the outcome of his charges, according to the report.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Re: WDW CM suspended for using a flashlight...

OMG that was a good laugh. People come up with some darn strange things to do with their free time!!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• insufferable know-it-all

Huh. Well, as much as worry about someone being suspended over an accusation, from Disney's standpoint, I think they did the right thing. That's the last thing they'd need is the news reporting on this guy and referring to him as a Disney employee (and thus inferring that Disney hires pervs).

Yeah, from a business standpoint, they did the right thing here.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I think they did the right thing too. I think Disney parks have a bit more responsibility than your average business to ensure that their employees are not going to be a danger to their guests, particularly children. What if he had exposed himself to a child? I wouldn't expect the same level of background checking as say a school for instance, but an accusation like this is definitely a red flag and suspension was a good call until the situation is resolved.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

But I will never see a Fantasmic! guest control CM in the same light again....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

just imagine the evil queen outside the Snow White Attraction coming to the window every five minutes with a flashlight
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Tui, you are the best. Who else would have thought of that?

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    Tui, you are the best. Who else would have thought of that?
    It was honestly the very first thing that came to mind.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.