Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Day Stories

• Minion

Bad Day Stories

Ok, I had to post after my last couple of days just to make sure other people are having bad days and that I didn't accidentally break a mummy's curse.

Like most Northern Californians I started yesterday with a storm of massive proportions (huge rain, 50 mph winds with 75 gusts, etc).

About 10am I got to go down to my Mom's house where her fence had competely blown down. Will have to work with her neighbor to resolve that one.

Around the same time we lost power, and it was out until early this morning.

Then I went out to drive over to Mom's around 5pm so we could go out to dinner and my car won't start.

Got up this morning and while I have power, the furnance is down.

So I am sitting here pondering how to resolve 1) Mom's fence, 2) getting furnance fixed (landlord will help there) and 3) what to do with the car issue.

All in all I realize these things are not so bad. I have power again, the heat will get back on and if I have to I can afford to get a new car (along with car payments LOL).

But for all of this to come down in basically 1 day was a little bit deflating.

Anyone else got some good stories ?
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Minion

Re: Bad Day Stories

my Christmas wasn't looking so great. I have my main computer down due to spyware (it has even deleted the control panel!) then out of the blue, my laptop that I have been using, my 1 YEAR OLD laptop wasn't connecting to the net, after lots of phone time (and money) it looks like the modem has gone (I'm on dial-up). Then I go to take the kids to school mand as I stop the car started to feel weird. This was about the 10 Dec, too close to Christmas for a hugs car repair bill, and as I know nothing about cars, the repair guy could have told me ANYTHING. Finally I got a friend to give me an idea, and it's just spark plugs, and it's only going to cost

$600!!!! Just for spark plugs!!!
    They are in the back behind and UNDER the engine, so they have to take the top of the engine off to get to them!!!

I know, nothing tooo serious thank God! But sometimes you feel like "what the heck did I do to get this"??

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Minion

Sounds like the people who designed your car need to be shot...

My issue now is the whole debate of whether or not to fix my 10 yr old/100,000 mile car.

Part of me says just buy a new one already, part of me says if I can get another year of driving out of old car for just a few hundred dollars then it's a good deal.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Minion

these spark plugs are only every 100 000 km, and apparently most newer cars are built like this!! Crazy if you ask me, maybe it's so only the machanics can do them seeing as though so many people change their own.
    Did you find out what's wrong with your car??

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz

• Minion

Got it towed in today but the mechanics won't be in until Monday.

Almost wish it would get stolen from the lot, then my choice is made and I get the insurance money LOL.

I am very tempted to just try to buy a new car but then I am Scotch so I am naturally frugal.

• Minion

I have been thinking of getting a new car too. There are so many things starting to go with this one, like even thedoors are starting to stick (the back doors are sliding, and the wheel thingie is going on BOTH sides) This is the longest I have had a car. It's 7 years old, but was brand new

Charles M. Schulz

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

My car is making funny noises. That's my bad day. Hope your days are better.

Oh! And my mom's not talking to my sister, since Christmas because my sister is a mean nasty person.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Do you all remember the flood we just had to deal with when a pipe burst in our wall? Had to replace sheet rock, and all the floors?

Well, thanks to the rain storm last night, we had ANOTHER flood from a faulty leaky window (good workmanship again - bad caulking). Our brand new laminate floor in the guest room is ruined and will need to be replaced. Also will need to dry out the wall.

I am SO sick of this house!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Bad stories? Do I have any?
    Just look at my cancer posts from last year. My year was bad, but I'm still smiling.

I would take your bad day every day over mine any time

• Banned User

My best friend of 30 years just left to go back to AZ. She was visiting me since Wed. I feel really sad and lonely now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

My brother and his wife are separating after 15 years together. I'm doing my Zen breathing, saying that it's just an event--and I can make it bad or good by just having an opinion. So I calm myself, smile and believe it's good.

But it doesn't help all the time. I still want to scream at the two of them (it is, of course, a long and dragged out tale) but I know it wouldn't help me or them.

Peace?
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    My brother and his wife are separating after 15 years together. I'm doing my Zen breathing, saying that it's just an event--and I can make it bad or good by just having an opinion.

Peace?
    Roo

A big going out to you, Roo. I know that this is very painful.

This weekend has been a bunch of bad days

Power was out from about Fri at noon til 1230pm Sunday.

And this:

Since this is my second claim in a year (1st was when I was rear-ended by an illegal immigrant in a stolen car) my rates are going to go up. Which I HATE, since none of this was my fault to begin with.
    Last edited by PinBrian; 01-06-2008 at 01:57 PM. Reason: added more pics

• Minion

Oh no. is the roof dented?
    Har har har

Quote Originally Posted by garbear View Post
    Oh no. is the roof dented?
    BIG dents right where the roofline meets the windshield and the rear window, so there are leaks on both. Plus a really good sized one in the middle of the roof, and the windshield is cracked.

The funny/bad thing is, I KNEW this was going to happen. So I parked away from all the big trees in the parking lot. Viola! A small birch falls on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast