Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

it's a small world After All!!!

Everyone has a story like this, that just proves that the world is, in fact, small. I'm curious to hear yours but first lemme share mine.
    I've been on MC for about a year now and made some amazingly good friends. Most recently I've become rather close with Hilsbro (w00t w00t), and we started talking because we found out we live in the same city. After talking over IM for a while, we exchanged phone numbers and talk about once a day. From that, we found out that not only do we live in the same city but we live up the street from each other. I ended up spending New Years Eve at his house with a bunch of his friends, and his parents took me home after the festivities ended. They asked which house was mine on the street and I told them.
    Now, before I go any further, you must understand my house and the randomness about it. It was my father's house, before his it was my grandparents' house, and before that it was orange groves. My parents have been divorced since 1993, and I used to visit my father every weekend. I had fun, we'd go swimming with the kids across the street, I'd play with my friends, stay up late, but it wasn't perfect for a lot of reasons I won't go into here. I finally stopped visiting my father in about 1998 and I didn't hear from him since. In 2006, I got an email from someone I didn't know with the title of my father's full name...it was from a lawyer representing my grandmother's estate, and he was to inform me that my father was dead and as the closest living relative in this state, the house was mine. I moved in with my mom, stepdad, and siblings in late 2006 and we've been here since.
    I pointed out which house was mine on the street after a short explaination about how I moved there and Hilsbro's mom gasped.
    "Wait, was your dad the guy with the back injury?" she asked.
    "Yeah, that was him," I laughed.
    "I remember him!" his dad said as his mom gasped again. "Wait a second, you're his daughter? I remember you too, when you were little! You went swimming with us across the street!" she said excitedly.
    Hisbro's mouth fell open and he turned to me in the back seat. "Oh my god, I remember swimming with you!"

So my "new" friend is actually my old friend from when I was little. And we're friends again now, both with Disney fetishes, and we met via MiceChat.

What are your stories???
    dreams. come. true.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: it's a small world After All!!!

Great story. That is amazing.

• Minion

That's SO awesome!

• Banned User

What a cool story!!!!!!

• Goofy

amazing story.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    Everyone has a story like this, that just proves that the world is, in fact, small. I'm curious to hear yours but first lemme share mine.
    I've been on MC for about a year now and made some amazingly good friends. Most recently I've become rather close with Hilsbro (w00t w00t), and we started talking because we found out we live in the same city. After talking over IM for a while, we exchanged phone numbers and talk about once a day. From that, we found out that not only do we live in the same city but we live up the street from each other. I ended up spending New Years Eve at his house with a bunch of his friends, and his parents took me home after the festivities ended. They asked which house was mine on the street and I told them.
    Now, before I go any further, you must understand my house and the randomness about it. It was my father's house, before his it was my grandparents' house, and before that it was orange groves. My parents have been divorced since 1993, and I used to visit my father every weekend. I had fun, we'd go swimming with the kids across the street, I'd play with my friends, stay up late, but it wasn't perfect for a lot of reasons I won't go into here. I finally stopped visiting my father in about 1998 and I didn't hear from him since. In 2006, I got an email from someone I didn't know with the title of my father's full name...it was from a lawyer representing my grandmother's estate, and he was to inform me that my father was dead and as the closest living relative in this state, the house was mine. I moved in with my mom, stepdad, and siblings in late 2006 and we've been here since.
    I pointed out which house was mine on the street after a short explaination about how I moved there and Hilsbro's mom gasped.
    "I remember him!" his dad said as his mom gasped again. "Wait a second, you're his daughter? I remember you too, when you were little! You went swimming with us across the street!" she said excitedly.
    Hisbro's mouth fell open and he turned to me in the back seat. "Oh my god, I remember swimming with you!"

So my "new" friend is actually my old friend from when I was little. And we're friends again now, both with Disney fetishes, and we met via MiceChat.

What are your stories???
    That is such an awesome story. Sadly, my life isn't as interesting as yours!!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Oh. My. Gosh. That story is amazing! Very cool. I'm pretty sure no one can top that!
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Senior Minion

I've had something like that happen to me, only not MC.

I've known my best friend since pre-school, so about 20 years now, we were even in Brownies together, and her parents divorced when we were in I think it was first grade and so she moved and went to a different elementary school. Since then, I remember seeing her maybe once in 4th grade and hanging out with her for the day, but then they moved again and I never heard from her.

So, freshman year my mom went to back-to-school night where you go to all of your kids classes and find out info from the teachers and she ended up bumping into my best friend's mom when she asked for directions to a classroom and they recognized each other.

It turned out that she went to the school, and i had remembered seeing something wearing a t-shirt with her name on the back who looked like her, so I saw her the next day at school and we've been best friends again ever since. Well, even though we live on opposite sides of the country now, but we still talk and chat via myspace and i've gone to visit her and vise versa.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Well, I got reaquainted here with Aashee. He and I went to elementary school, junior high and our first year of high school together.

That's pretty wild to be reaquainted again after 20 years, if you think about it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Creepy guys! But really cool!

I am trying to think of anything creepy small world to post... Let me mull...

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Creepy guys! But really cool!

I am trying to think of anything creepy small world to post... Let me mull...
    Well there was that one time I probably made you an ice cream cone at Baskin Robbins in Agoura in the late 1980's

A little piece of heaven

•   

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post

What are your stories???
    Very well told and freakin amazing. That's really cool!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    Well there was that one time I probably made you an ice cream cone at Baskin Robbins in Agoura in the late 1980's
    Dude you're right! We have another one right here.

No posting without coffee. I space out.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

And when she said my jaw dropped....I think it really flew out of my car onto the sidewalk...lol

It was a weird feeling when I realized that I had spent many a summers day around BHP without realizing it...lol

such a small world!

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

This isn't as 'small world' as my other story, but if you read my TR's you're pretty well aware of the fact that WeWantstheRed'ead and I are bff's. When we were first friends, we were talking about our first trips to Disneyland--mine being Feb. 3 1993, my birthday, and all WeWants knows about hers is that it was early Feb. around when Toontown opened. Very possibly the same day.
    What's even funnier is she and I were having lunch with MC'er brad_chowen one day at the park and we were talking about this and he put his head in his hands. "What is it?" I asked. "I worked there then," he groaned, which made us all laugh. I won't let him live that down either!
    Last edited by CaitlinMcFly; 01-08-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: clarity. i'm a writer, i do these things.
    dreams. come. true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast