• Disney Dream 10/23!!

cable vs satellite???

I live in the SoCal area, and I was just wondering what's better. Right now I have loval tv and foil covered bunny ears, so once in a while I'll get news from San Diego. Either will be an exciting improvement, but I want to get the best for my money. Any thoughts??

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: cable vs satellite???

If you get cable, you can get cablemodem.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• -Going Retro-

I don't live in Socal but I can say I've had both satellite and cable. Do research on your cable company if they've upgraded there system to included On demand, dvr etc I'd go with Cable. DirecTV is still a great service but its still years away from competing with what cable companies such as Comcast have to offer.

The only draw back with cable is equipment charges but I can't tell you how nice it is when something is wrong you don't have to climb on the roof to see what’s the matter and your a phone call away from free service calls. Something you don't always get with DirecTV especially if you live in a condo or apartment.

I vote digital cable if available in your area. Sat is pretty cool, but is a tad high maintence and doesnt work when its really cloudy/raining, which is a huge downfall in 'sunny' south florida, your results may very.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

We have both cable and DirecTV. I never watch the cable, though, so I can't really say it isn't as good as the satellite is. Only the girls rooms have cable on the TV's and we keep it mostly for the cable modem. But, I don't really think I could go back to just the digital cable we used to have now that we have DirecTV with Tivo!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain