Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tornado!

• My cuties!

Tornado!

Crazy!! A tornado hit our county today at 12:30. We just had POURING rain and very loud thunder. My parents live near where it hit down and lost power; they said it was very windy. No one was hurt, fortunately.

http://www.katu.com/

Talk about a weathergasm on the news!

• Man O Lantern

Re: Tornado!

That's all anyone was talking about at Albertson's this afternoon. There were some trailer park jokes, by the way. Sorry, Susan! It's the Couve.

Glad no one was hurt and I'm looking forward to the 5 o'clock news so I can watch Bruce Sussman have a heart attack from the excitement of it all!

• Circle of Ancients

I'm glad no one was hurt. I have always been fascinated with Tornados but never experienced or been in one except when I have dreams about them.

I'm sure I'll see it on the news tonight.

• I'm not really here

I grew up in Denver, CO. Got plenty of tornadoes there. Didn't expect them to follow me up here to Vancouver though. Glad it's alright now. Was a pretty good storm though.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I'm glad you guys are ok. My sister lives in Arkansas and they had to run to their shelter three times on Sunday night after the tornado siren kept waking them up.

Under THOSE circumstances, I think I'll stick with earthquakes, thank you.

• Brrr...its cold out there

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    That's all anyone was talking about at Albertson's this afternoon. There were some trailer park jokes, by the way. Sorry, Susan! It's the Couve.

Glad no one was hurt and I'm looking forward to the 5 o'clock news so I can watch Bruce Sussman have a heart attack from the excitement of it all!
    LOL !! Yes, Bruce was very excited about it ! I am glad that everyone was alright. Who would have thought that Vancouver would get a tornado !!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Glad all are well. I heard about them in the news the past few days. I don't know if I could handle the tornado warning over the quick unforseen earthquake. Both freak me out...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

^^^ Same here. Earthquakes and tornados get me.

Twinsmom and Stinker- might want to invest in a cute blue and white checkered dress... could come in handy.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Susan how skeery!!! I'm glad you're okay

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

glad no-one was hurt!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Rarely has a point

Blog Entries

It's crazy that a place so close to me got hit, even odder that there was a tornado in the Pacific Northwest.

• Shablagoo!

I'm tglad to hear everyone down in the area is ok. We had a Tornado up in Bremerton a few years back, so they do occasionally hit up here.

• I luv you Ethan =]

Ehh yesterday (1-10-07) we had our Tornado Sirens going off >.< Every 5 minutes we would have to run to our Shelter =O
    [ Will you always be there to hold my hand? ]

I love you Ethan =D

<-- Of course that isn't me?! Haha jk =D

• Senior Minion

Even having a tornado watch freaks me out. My parents think the sirens are just a precaution, that it doesn't mean take shelter.
    Although, from what i've heard, the last time our city had a twister it was 1999, but Dayton gets them a lot. Glad no one was hurt!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Banned User

I was just coming to post about this! As it happens I met a friend over there for lunch yesterday at noon and the tornado passed about five hundred yards south of us. Just as we sat down to eat the sky outside went dark, thunder and lightning broke out and hail the size of gumballs started pouring down. Within seconds the sidewalk was covered with it. Then the wind picked up and debris started whipping around outside as the hail flew sideways. I got up and went to the window and looked out and up to see shingles, branches, garbage and other stuff flying through the air. It was a bit unsettling. But here's the kicker; we just thought it was a really bad thunderstorm because we were looking north out of the restaurant as the tornado passed south, behind us! Afterwards we were driving away and I saw some fire trucks, ambulances and news trucks and wondered what the heck happened so I stopped by my parents place (they live just down the street) and when I walked in there was the news on the television covering the tornado that I had just lived through and didn't even know it! A building just across the street from us lost a whole brick wall, a semi was overturned, shopping carts were flying through the air; total chaos and I missed it because I was looking the wrong direction! How do you like that? Missed the flying monkeys, ruby slippers and everything...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast