Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Smile Our Big Day is Approaching!!! Hurray!!!!!

I hope nobody minds, but I’m getting so excited that I just had to share this with everyone. Three weeks from today I am going to marry my best friend, who also happens to be the world’s most beautiful and amazing woman.

Woo hoo!!!!

We got engaged on Christmas Eve, 2003. I caught her completely by surprise as we walked with our dearest friends down a lighted Christmas lane. I had secretly picked out the perfect ring and everything. We decided on August 20th, 2005 in order to give ourselves plenty of time to plan and save as we’re paying for this shindig completely by ourselves, and now, amazingly, it’s almost here!

I’m totally stoked, and I think this will definitely be a wedding to remember. We are having an authentic Hawai’ian luau (as much as we can anyway) on the sand in Cannon Beach, OR. She’ll be wearing this dress, and her bridesmaids are wearing these. I’m going to be in this, and these are what my groomsmen will dress in. The bridesmaids and groomsmen all have different colors. If anyone ever wants a quality Hawai’ian shirt, I highly recommend this lady. She has been wonderful to us and made this whole process so much better. And, it’s kind of cool to know that we’re wearing hand sewn Aloha clothing made in Honolulu!

Our food and entertainment (hula and fire dancers!!!) are being provided by Patrick’s Hawai’ian Cafe here in Vancouver, also highly recommended. Patrick has been integral in our planning and hooked us up with leis, the dancers, advice, and much support. Without him we wouldn’t be having half as much fun. And the best part is his real kalua pork. He has people actually in Honolulu roasting it in genuine in-ground ovens, called imus, wrapped in banana leaves and seasoned with sea salt. Then it’s shipped here. No artificial smoke flavoring, this is the real deal! Oh so gooood!!!

Our ceremony is going to be very simple and much in the spirit of Aloha. Everything takes place at the luau, with our guests sitting on straw mats on the sand. We’ll exchange our vows and rings, then everyone will get their food and sit and eat while the hula dancers perform. Then we’ll do the cake cutting and toasts, then dessert while the Polynesian fire knife dancer goes on. Then finally, to end our night, we’ll each take a tiki torch (from the twenty five ringing our luau) and light, not a unity candle like other couples, but a unity bonfire! Then whatever guests remain will stay and we’ll mingle and enjoy a star lit coastal evening before retiring to our beach front room here, where we stay whenever we visit the beach.

I’m so excited I can’t contain myself. From the kalua pork to the programs wrapped in banana leaves to the wedding party in leis and all of our loved ones wearing Aloha outfits and joining in the spirit of Ohana. It’s going to be amazing!!!

Yipppeeeeee!!!!!!!!

• Again! Again! Again!

Re: Our Big Day is Approaching!!! Hurray!!!!!

YAAAAAY!!!! I'm so excited for you!! Weddings. I LOVE WEDDINGS!!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Ohhhhhhhh Jazzman I'm so so so excited for you!!! The location is gorgeous and I love what you all have choosen to wear!! The hotel loooks beautiful too.

I can NOT wait to see pictures!! Post away my friend we all want to hear about it!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• I was deleted.

How exciting! Thank you for sharing Jazzman!! I think everything you have planned is so cool and cute. I hope you share your photos of the big day also because I'm sure I speak for not just myself when I say I would love to see them if you would like to share.

Congrats and have a great day!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Congratulations Jazzman! Your wedding sounds like it will be beautiful. Best wishes to you both!
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Know More Than You Should

Yay! Congrats! Be sure to tell us all about it!

• LoisAlene

Maika'i pomaika'i a me Hau'oli nui loa!
    (I think - I HOPE - I just wished you good luck and very much happiness)

Aloha!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

That sounds TOTALLY awesome!!!
    Congrats!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Senior Minion

Jazzman that is so exciting, It nice to see you have found your "friend" for life, best wishes to you and may you have a fantastic life togther.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

My GOSH! How cool are you?!?!? If I were ever to get married that's exactly the way I would do it! TOO COOL!!!

Congrats, and Super CONGRATS on finding the one you want to be with forever.

approves too. He told me just now when he threatened me with bodily harm.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Congrats Jazzman- it sounds amazing!!!! Enjoy your special day (your wife-to be is BEAUTIFUL!)

Make sure you come back and share pics- we are dying to see them!

• Man O Lantern

DJ Jazzy Jeff!!! Thanks for posting the details! I'm SO freaking happy for you two and I looove your avatar. You're definitely the best looking couple in Vantucky!!

You picked an awesome location and an incredibly cool and fun theme for the wedding!! You know I love Cannon Beach..... :sigh: I love it there. And Tolovana Inn--my two best friends worked there in high school, so I spent puh-lenty of time there! What a great place to be! I'm so happy for you & Steph!!! Congratulations!

~Claire

• Minion

Congratulations Jazzman and good luck! The wedding from what you've detailed sounds awesome! Hope you have a memorable day

• Banned User

Thanks guys! All of your sentiments and wishes of good luck mean a lot to me. Throughout planning and putting together our luau of the things we’ve enjoyed most has been having our friends and families share the excitement with us whenever we’ve talked about it. Everyone really seems to be excited about it, and that’s making it so much more special to us.

You can count on lots of pics of the big day. I can’t wait to share it with everyone. I wish you all could be there with us too!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Aww, Jazzman, congrats to you! Sounds like it will be a really beautiful and special day for the both of you.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast