Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bay area people may want to watch out!

happened to my sister at the now Luckys in San Lorenzo. back in june. she too got her money back but it took some time and happened to numerous people...

• Minion

23 More victims!
    7:03 a.m.: A man reported someone withdrew money from his bank account after he bought something at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.
    7:15 a.m.: A caller on the 2000 block of Penny Lane reported a case of forgery possibly related to ATM card number thefts at Costco.
    8:29 a.m.: A caller reported a case of forgery related to the ATM card number thefts at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.

10:33 a.m.: A caller reported a case of forgery related to the theft of ATM card numbers at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road
    11:03 a.m.: A woman reported a case of ATM card forgery after she bought something at the pharmacy at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.
    11:29 a.m.: A caller reported a case of forgery related to the theft of ATM card numbers at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.

12:02 p.m.: A caller reported a case of forgery after using an ATM card at both Safeway at 1801 W. 11th St. and at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.
    12:42 p.m.: A woman reported a case of forgery related to the theft of ATM card numbers at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.
    2:04 p.m.: A woman reported a case of forgery tied to ATM card number thefts at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road
    2:11 p.m.: A woman on the 2700 block of Buthmann Avenue reported that someone used her ATM card number at a Wal-Mart in Chicago.
    3:09 p.m.: A man reported that his bank told him to call police and report a case of fraud found on his ATM card at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.
    3:43 p.m.: A woman reported a case of forgery to her checking and savings account after she bought gas at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.
    4:01 p.m.: A woman reported a case of forgery linked to the theft of ATM card numbers after she bought something from the pharmacy at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.
    4:03 p.m.: A man reported a case of forgery to his checking account after he used his ATM card at the pharmacy at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.

4:31 p.m.: A woman reported someone got into her checking account after she used her ATM card to buy something at the pharmacy at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.
    4:38 p.m.: A woman reported a case of forgery tied to the theft of ATM card numbers linked to Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.
    4:57 p.m.: A man reported a case of forgery to his checking account after he bought gas using his ATM card at Safeway, 1801 W. 11th St.
    5:18 p.m.: A woman reported someone got into her checking account after she use her ATM card to buy something at the pharmacy at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.

5:31 p.m.: A caller reported someone got into his checking account after he used his ATM card to buy gas at the pharmacy at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road, and to buy gas at Safeway, 1801 W. 11th St.
    5:33 p.m.: A woman on the 1700 block of Southbrook Street reported someone got into her checking account after she bought has at an Arco station with her ATM card.

6:26 p.m.: A man reported someone took money from his bank account using an ATM card in Union City, Fremont and Palo Alta in a case tied to theft of ATM card numbers at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.
    10:47 p.m.: A woman on the 1400 block of Pine Court reported she has fraudulent ATM charges from all over the Bay Area on her bank account, and think its tied to ATM card number thefts at Costco.
    11:45 p.m.: A man reported he discovered fraudulent charges on his account tied to ATM card number thefts at Costco, 3250 W. Grant Line Road.
    Har har har

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by garbear View Post
    Criminals anger me. They go and steal peoples hard earned stuff money ETC..
    Its like I bet they feel great going home at night. Saying wow I work real hard for my money.
    I know this is a little off topic, but since we are on the subject of fraud I've got a good karma story. Anyway, in college I had a roommate that made friends with a co-worker (Jack in the Box.) So this guy starts hanging around us and one day he slips at work and files for workmans comp. Didn't seem like he really needed anything and I don't actually know if he received any finacial aid, only that he said that he did. OK, so after this he admits to my roommate and I that he does this all the time, goes to a job, fakes a minor injury, blah, blah, blah. He then gets a job at Olive Garden and after only a few weeks his girlfriend calls my roommate and tells me that he has cut off his thumb at work. Yeah, he sees that the guard on the spinning blade cutter has been taken off so he siezes the opportunity. His intent was to nick himself and get a couple of stitches and collect workmans comp. Oops, that didn't work out the way he planned. The beauty is this is before these multi-million dollar lawsuits for spilling coffee in your lap. I'm not sure of the final outcome as I moved before it came to conclusion. Last thing I know was his thumb was grafted onto his stomach (if I remember correctly, this was almost 20 years ago) waiting to find out if it could be re-attached. Sucks to be him, shouldn't be trying to steal from your employer.

OK, more on topic. As for the statement, it can't happen to me, I got a lesson in this philosophy when my sister had her identity stolen. Luckily it wasn't a real big thing, but still it was a hassle she didn't need.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Hey criminals work hard too. It's not easy coming up with these scams and inventing all those high-tech stealing gizmos. I bet if they worked as hard at making an honest buck they'd make more money!!
    You know, you hit the nail on the head. I see all these shows on prisons and things they do to communicate, make weapons, etc. and go DANG if you had applied yourself to something good when you were free, you would probably have a very good job or a multi-million dollar business.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12