•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Does anyone else have this same problem?

Sitting here posting and just reading Mice Chat today. The Anniversary is over. No Disney vacations to plan. Visited both WDW and Disneyland, so far this summer. Now to the reason for this post.

Before I went to WDW, I had a really bad problem with my feet. Didn't want to go to a podiatrist. Kind of down on doctors, as sometimes they really don't solve some problems. So I do not know if it could be the dreaded, Athlete's Foot. My feet were itchy. A rash would come and go. I went to Walgreens, and got the creams. Bought an antifungal soap. For a while it was helping. My feet were better.

I went to WDW, and I was so busy having so much fun, that I only used the antifungal soap and not the cream. I began wearing sandals. My feet actually felt better and stopped itching.

Came home to Chicago, and my feet began to itch again. I began using the cream. Bought some lotion, tried powder. The rash came back. The itching drives me crazy. I found that cold water helps better. A hot soak, makes them itch more. I was still using the antifungal soap.

With all my planning for the trip to Disneyland, I got lax again, and did not pay too much special attention to the feet. I went to Disneyland with my sandals, my soap, and had a lot of fun. Guess what?

My feet stopped itching. All this time, my feet have also been very dry, and cracked. I used lotion for the dryness. My feet are dry now, but they have stopped itching. It seems the less I do the better. Still using the antifungal soap, however. I just dread, when the cold weather comes and I have to start wearing socks and shoes, then the itching might return. It just seems like a vicious circle. Well for now, I will stick with my sandals and just enjoy the fact that my feet don't itch. I think perhaps, all that lotion, cream and powder, was actually making them itch.

Don't wish the problem on anyone else. Just sitting here, itch free, wondering if anyone else could share any success in this matter. ( and yes, maybe a podiatrist could help )

Thanks for your time.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Re: Does anyone else have this same problem?

The local fire academy draughts its water frm a stagnent lake. My bots used to have holes. When you have athletes foot you can actually see, now thats interesting as well. Beleive it or not, I used regular OTC ointments and sprays plus bleach and lysol. Sounds nuts, but I'm sur eyou understand that level of desperation one reaches.

Anywhoo, onto the productinve thoughts. Just a hunch, but have you changed your detergent recently? Got new carpet, changed floor cleaners, moved into a new house, been using a different kind of socks, etc? You most certainly could have regular athletes foot, but since both times you left home it got better, it makes me wonder. I certainly see the variable of the sandles coming into play, but I just figure you'd wanna think to make sure there isnt something more coming into play.

BH

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Does anyone else have this same problem?

Very interesting thoeries. We did recarpet a year ago, and I now walk barefoot a lot. All I know, is that the more I was doing, the worse it was getting. Now, the less I do, the better it feels. Just thinking in type. Thanks for the input.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort