Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• For You!

Re: Gone on a Mission (not about religion)

If he's in the MTC right now - and going to spanish speaking, he'll be in there for a month or so - send off a package!!! I he's still there in a couple of weeks, I'm going down to see my family, I'd be happy to take something for you!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGal View Post
    He's stationed in Mexico City so I don't know how that area is. He's Peruvian so he doesn't stand out so much and can speak Spanish. He's actually in Utah right now doing training.

Thank you to everyone that had posted in this thread! The discussion going on in this thread is helpful.
    He'll be fine then.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    If he's in the MTC right now - and going to spanish speaking, he'll be in there for a month or so - send off a package!!! I he's still there in a couple of weeks, I'm going down to see my family, I'd be happy to take something for you!
    You do know what the difference between Prison and the MTC is don't you? In prison you get to have visitors.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Queen of Randomness

So I just finished writing the letter. It took me longer than I wanted to finish. It turned out to be five pages and I could have kept going but I had to stop the insanity and save something for the next letter. I will remember to send it tomorrow. I'm the worst at getting to the mail box but I know that this is important. Almost every day I think "oh I want to tell him this" because it use to be that I would be able to tell him everything.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• I'm not really here

Congrats on your first ever Missionary Letter. Many more to follow. I'm sure it will be the same for him too, wanting to be able to tell you what's going on but having to wait to write it to you. The waiting for a letter can be frustrating sometimes, but it makes them that much more fun and exciting to read when they do come.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Dave

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Gone on a Mission (not about religion)

Quote Originally Posted by garbear View Post
    What does a missionary do?
    As a LDS misionary (Mormon) you talk to people about the church. I went to Brazil, my sister Argentina, and my brother Ohio, US.
    Dave

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    As a LDS misionary (Mormon) you talk to people about the church. I went to Brazil, my sister Argentina, and my brother Ohio, US.
    How cruel they would send someone to a dangerous place like Ohio!

My Mother's side is Mormon but I don't recall asking if any family ever went on a mission. I know my uncle I rarely see is a clergyman in the Mormon faith.

• Queen of Randomness

Actually my fiancee is LDS. He didn't go on a mission though. He has one friend that's in Brazil and another that is in Rome. It kinda seems that since he grew up with it, that it's more like the norm. But to me it's this things I didn't know about until recently and it came as somewhat like a surprise.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• I'm not really here

That would definitely catch me off guard if I didn't know about it. "You're going where and doing what? for HOW long!?"

My senior year of high school I talked my friends through it so it wasn't a total shock when I left. Some wrote me the whole time... some wrote for a while and then stopped.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Dave

Blog Entries

As guy whom served amission myself and paid for it my self. It was an excellent experiance.
    Dave

• Queen of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    That would definitely catch me off guard if I didn't know about it. "You're going where and doing what? for HOW long!?"

My senior year of high school I talked my friends through it so it wasn't a total shock when I left. Some wrote me the whole time... some wrote for a while and then stopped.
    Yeah I'm trying not to be like that and trying to write the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    As guy whom served amission myself and paid for it my self. It was an excellent experiance.
    It really does seem to be from what I've heard.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12