Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Animatronic

Re: The Ultimate Future of the Parks in the not too distant future ...

This is a better place for this thread.

1st, if the sea rises 200', it will flood thousands of square miles of low lying areas resulting in at most, a 30' rise with all ice melted and the water expanded due to heat. Disneyland is at about 130', I think it's safe. If not, we can always dig a trench and let Death Valley fill up.

2nd, CO2 does trap heat, humans are responsible for much of the CO2, thus humans do have an effect on the environment. Smog is also bad, oil makes us dependant on other countries and is running out. Why not make progress and develop other, far more nifty technologies regardless of how threatening we feel global warming is?

Denying global warming is like denying obesity. If you fix obesity you end up with a lot more hot chicks and food and airline prices drop. I really don't see why people get so antsy when facing problems that have such desirable solutions.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Actually it does as my point in creating it was what can be done to save Disneyland from an almost certain 200 ft sea level rise in the not too distant future.
    Of course, there is always the possibility of an asteroid.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

All I know is that my property values will go WAY up. I've always wanted beach front property...

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Here are some reference links:

the first is from the article itself

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=the-unquiet-ice
    http://www.ipy.org/index.php?/ipy/audience/C32/
    http://lima.usgs.gov/
    http://www.unep.org/geo/geo%5Fice/

Heres the thing about predictions about climate change they are always being updated as new info is available but never are these prediction updates in the direction of less sea rise or a longer time table they are always in the opposite direction more sea level rising sooner than previously thought.

If you look at the history of these predictions 5 yrs ago they said 3 ft in 100 yrs, then after that 50 to 100 ft around 50-75 yrs now they are saying 150 to 200 ft in 10 to 30 yrs ...makes you wonder what the next prediction will be....

As a Disneyland fan in light of the latest information I just think that they should have a plan for relocation and start looking for 300 ft plus elevation property around los angeles area...since such a plan would take decades to prepare for now would be a good time to start thinking about it...
    And many of these "researchers" are getting paid loads of cash to keep the "research" going. That is a big factor to consider. If they come out with data that says "No worrys folks, everything is looking great..." the research would not be needed anymore and the research would stop, and so would the funding.

Same thing with many (not all) of those Feed the Hungry, Poor and Helpless Children in Mylasia organizations... The only reason those kids are so hungry is because the companies asking for your money want more, and as long as those kids are hungry they keep getting cash from you. Think about it, those organizations have been around for years, and have raised millions of dollars, yet those kids are still hungry.

(ok that was off to a slight tangent put it illustrates the point I'm trying to make.)

Money is the driving force behind many of these issues. If the news is good, nothing happens. If the news is bad, there is publicity, politics and money to be had.

George Harrison, the late, great Beatle, once wrote "All Things Must Pass".

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by whamo View Post
    George Harrison, the late, great Beatle, once wrote "All Things Must Pass".
    He was inspired by a kidney stone.

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    Actually other people are using Al Gore as some sort of expert, the guy only scored 1420 on his SAT, if he is supposed to be of the most intelligent politician of our times,he sure didn't show any great mental capacity in his SAT score. Al has become an entertainer so ridiculing him is fair game. He says this is a most pressing issue but fails to dose the gas flame lamps at his mansion. If he can't be bothered to make a small effort, why should I trust his opinion.
    Max score was 1600. And his score looks excellent to me, a 1978 high school grad.

Back then high scores on the ACT were in the 29 to 32 range, and a 1300 on the SAT was excellent.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Esdeebee View Post
    Max score was 1600. And his score looks excellent to me, a 1978 high school grad.

Back then high scores on the ACT were in the 29 to 32 range, and a 1300 on the SAT was excellent.
    AL went to a private prep school and had all the advantages of test prep available and he still scored 100 points less than me. He only outscored 'the dumbest President ever' (GWB) by 60. For the amount of money his folks spent on his education he should have been in the mid 1500's. Most people I went to school with scored in the high 1400s to several in with a perfect 1600. But I guess by 1979 the standards had gone up a bit.

I though this thread had be submerged long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    AL went to a private prep school and had all the advantages of test prep available and he still scored 100 points less than me. He only outscored 'the dumbest President ever' (GWB) by 60. For the amount of money his folks spent on his education he should have been in the mid 1500's. Most people I went to school with scored in the high 1400s to several in with a perfect 1600. But I guess by 1979 the standards had gone up a bit.

I though this thread had be submerged long ago.
    Sorry to resurrect it. I was just looking over some old posts of mine, and came across this thread where I had commented earlier.

I took it in 1976, I think, and didn't score as well as Gore did. Didn't know a single person who scored over 1400 at the time, in fact I had one of the higher scores at my HS, enough to get me into Northwestern U. <shrug> I know the standards are different now but have no idea when they changed...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456