Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

The tax refund thread

How much are you getting back or paying in? We're getting a little over 6k with federal and state. Thanks Uncle Sam for the trip to WDW!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: The tax refund thread

I am getting back a Whopping........

$93 dollers and $20

Funny...the people that really need it don't get crap...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

tax time always is a bummer.....the only reason we dont' have to pay every year is becuase i have them take an extra 75$ out of each of my paychecks and an extra 50$ out of my husbands so that we end up with a very small refund at the end of the tax year, which sure beats paying
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I'm getting back around 4K, however I'm peaved because I filed my taxes already and I got a W-2 in the mail from a job I worked until Dec. 31, 2006. Shouldn't that count for 06 income? Either way it will probably delay my refund and it removes 200 bucks from my return.

• Hiding in the shadows

I filed on Wednesday, we are getting ~$6k back which is not as much as last year (We have extra taken out of our checks to ensure we don't have to pay).

I have been trying to crunch numbers to figure out what to claim for my severance check in April so I get maximum payout this year without having to pay any back next year when I file. What a freaking pain.

A little piece of heaven

• decorating

Iwon't know till after the 8th, that's whn our appointment is. We used to TurboTax it, but our lady showed us we could get back a grand for having a 401k.
    Woohoo!

•   
    • I <3 o

i haven't got all my w2s yet so i haven't actually done my taxes, last year i think i got back a whopping $300
    hopefully thi year it will be more, especially since I had to pay for school
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I have no idea. We are still compiling information to send to the tax guy.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

I don't know yet either. Niether my wife or I claimed our 2 daughters this year so I hope that helps us. I think I need one more W-2 and then we can go file. Debating on where to go this year though.......

• DL Nerd

still waiting on a mortgage statement.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• The Magics in the details

Lightbulb Re: The tax refund thread

Quote Originally Posted by ladyalmalthea View Post
    Iwon't know till after the 8th, that's whn our appointment is. We used to TurboTax it, but our lady showed us we could get back a grand for having a 401k.
    Woohoo!
    i hope that someone wasn't an employee of H&R Block. I know for a fact that they make major ILLEGAL mistakes on people's tax returns (like deducting the cost of like drycleaning work clothes, and the cost of work shoes etc). This is NOT legal and may end up in an audit for you, including penalties. In fact, the only way it is legal to write off the cost of any article of clothing is if the clothes cannot possibly be worn outside of work (meaning they are not suitable for regular wear by design). Now, if you own your own business and write stuff off as business expense, that's a different story altogether.

Also, before you guys RUN to WDW with your 'free money' from uncle sam, rememember that you can NEVER get back any more money than you already paid in through your standard paycheck deductions (except for congressional refunds, etc.) Essentially, you've just lost the interest on that money, which is, of course better than not getting it back at all, but still by no means like prize money.

I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but do want to bring a little perspective into the thread.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I have no idea. I'm still waiting for my W-2 from my old job. Can't do anything until I get it.

• S.M.R.T

I owe Uncle Sam around $100, give or take. I always make sure my withholdings are accurate. I don't like giving the govt an interest free loan. I'd rather have the additional money in my paycheck every month and put my "would-be refund" money in a high-yield savings.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

It looks like I screwed up this year and I'm getting a boatload of money back. More than I put down for my first house. Yikes.
    Fight On! Beat the Beavers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Considering my W2 is for only $20K, I don't think we're going to have to pay this year. I only worked a very small portion of 2007 - he rest of the time I was out on State Disability for Cancer......

We are filing Schedule A for 2007 to include all of my medical expenses for the Cancer......and to include some charity donations made (of which we have receipts.) We donated a car last year to charity......so that was sort of huge.........as well, some furniture to Goodwill............

God willing, we'll get something back this year. Last year we got back $1400.....owed the state $68. so, with our $1400, we renewed our Disneyland passes...........hopefully, that will be the same this year.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast