Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: So this girl I really like, I need help please

Thanks, Aura, it doesn't offend me, I'm actually thinking about just staying friends for like another 6 months or so, then maybe I might do something easier like ask her to homecoming when I'm a sophmore next year, man, why can't life be more simple!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak777 View Post
    Thanks, Aura, it doesn't offend me, I'm actually thinking about just staying friends for like another 6 months or so, then maybe I might do something easier like ask her to homecoming when I'm a sophmore next year, man, why can't life be more simple!
    I'm glad that it didn't come across in a bad way. But high school is still very fresh in my mind, and I know how things work out sometimes. They get pretty nasty. Now that I look at some of my HS friends that are freshmen, they just seem so young, and it seems so long ago that I was a high school freshman, even though it wasn't. I look back now and see just how young I really was. It's pretty amazing. Now, four years from now, I'll be saying the same thing about myself...

Homecoming or a school dance is definitely better than Valentine's though. It's lighter and more fun. I hope everything works out for you, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    I'm glad that it didn't come across in a bad way. But high school is still very fresh in my mind, and I know how things work out sometimes. They get pretty nasty. Now that I look at some of my HS friends that are freshmen, they just seem so young, and it seems so long ago that I was a high school freshman, even though it wasn't. I look back now and see just how young I really was. It's pretty amazing. Now, four years from now, I'll be saying the same thing about myself...

Homecoming or a school dance is definitely better than Valentine's though. It's lighter and more fun. I hope everything works out for you, man.
    Thanks, I just hate that homecoming is like a year away, sadies is gone, and next is prom, but that's probably gonna get really expensive. Man, I hae to wait another year for her, but I think it'll be worth it .

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks, I just hate that homecoming is like a year away, sadies is gone, and next is prom, but that's probably gonna get really expensive. Man, I hae to wait another year for her, but I think it'll be worth it .
    Trust me, in the long run, I think it will be. The more time you have to get to know her, the better off you'll be. And when/if you do decide to get into a relationship, you'll have a pretty good idea of what she likes and is like etc. etc. Plus, you'll be prone to make fewer mistakes, which is always a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    Trust me, in the long run, I think it will be. The more time you have to get to know her, the better off you'll be. And when/if you do decide to get into a relationship, you'll have a pretty good idea of what she likes and is like etc. etc. Plus, you'll be prone to make fewer mistakes, which is always a plus.
    But the only problem with doing this is that I'll only get to know her for about 8 months, then she'll be off to college, what do i do then? It's a possibility that we'll break up before then, but I don't think she'd be wanting a bf going into college or being a senior so she can get good grades, oh yea I forgot to mention this, her dad's the school principal, but he's a really nice guy, he's not like most principals.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    If you don't ask, you don't get. You have nothing to lose and experience to gain. Take it from us old birds, you will forget rejection much quicker then if you do nothing at all. Trust me.

Good luck!

Chad
    Didn't I read that you met your wife in high school?

Listen to Ashee.

But if I do ask her out, I have no options of where to go, you can read why in my earlier posts, because I have to go to sleep, so goodnight everyone, keep posting if you can, I'll read it tomorrow!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Didn't I read that you met your wife in high school?

Listen to Ashee.
    LOL!

Well she persued me more than the other way around. Thank God for that!

• Circle of Ancients

But the only problem with doing this is that I'll only get to know her for about 8 months, then she'll be off to college, what do i do then? It's a possibility that we'll break up before then, but I don't think she'd be wanting a bf going into college or being a senior so she can get good grades,
    This is one of the big problems with upper-lowerclassmen relationships, and one of the reasons I advise against them. If you decide to go out, no matter when you do, and you do manage to stay together, it's never easy. Most high school relationships come to an end no matter what. Some do manage to be strong ones and continue into college and beyond. There's really no easy answer. The problem is, frankly, that you are a freshman. I suggest that you become good friends for now, if you can do that. The rest will work itself out, but all in due time. Take high school in strides, but most importantly, get good grades. School comes first, along with family, then relationships (These go in a certain order, mind you, between friends and significant others. But, I'll let you figure that out for yourself.)

• Little Miss Sunshine

I disagree on waiting. If you wait, she may end up with someone else in the meantime.

I'd go for it. Nothing fancy, but realize she might say no. It isn't likely you'll be marrying her, but maybe you'll get to Starbucks. When I was a junior, I'd have been fine dating a freshman (I wouldn't have dated a freshman as a senior). I dated outside my class on numerous occasions.

IMHO, there was nothing easy about dating in high school - and I'd not want to be 15 again. I dated a lot, and did have fun - but there was a lot of hurt and such too.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    LOL!

Well she persued me more than the other way around. Thank God for that!

Wow! Well it certainly wasn't for your taste in movies! (karate cop?)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Wow! Well it certainly wasn't for your taste in movies! (karate cop?)

LMAO!

I forgot about that well-received cinematic gem. No I will NOT pay you for that 90 minutes of your life that you can't get back.

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I disagree on waiting. If you wait, she may end up with someone else in the meantime.

I'd go for it. Nothing fancy, but realize she might say no. It isn't likely you'll be marrying her, but maybe you'll get to Starbucks. When I was a junior, I'd have been fine dating a freshman (I wouldn't have dated a freshman as a senior). I dated outside my class on numerous occasions.

IMHO, there was nothing easy about dating in high school - and I'd not want to be 15 again. I dated a lot, and did have fun - but there was a lot of hurt and such too.
    This might be an awkward question to ask, but should I pick her up at her house, or just meet her at Starbucks? And the only other person I could get to give me a ride other than my parents is my brother, who's like good friends with her, making it even more awkward, how did you guys use to go out when you were in High School before getting a car?
    Last edited by DisneyFreak777; 02-08-2008 at 05:52 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Doctor Drew has long said high school relationships aren't supposed to last, rather you're supposed to learn how to date and have fun. As long as you do that it's fine.

In terms of where to meet/how to do: keep it simple. Meet at Starbucks.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Doctor Drew has long said high school relationships aren't supposed to last, rather you're supposed to learn how to date and have fun. As long as you do that it's fine.

In terms of where to meet/how to do: keep it simple. Meet at Starbucks.
    This is very good advice.

When I dated in high school (many moons ago), it usually was to meet my then-boyfriend (whichever one it might be at the time) at the mall. We might have gotten a bite to eat, or seen a movie, etc. - but normally, we met there. I usually ended up at a slightly further-out mall (one I worked at) because I rarely dated guys from my school.

On my first actual "date", I biked to a mall that was closer. I don't even remember what we did, just hung out I guess. So maybe you have a place you can bus/bike to/or have your parents take you to that is in between your homes. Starbucks is great if you enjoy it.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast