Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

•   

Re: So this girl I really like, I need help please

Just remember, it's a date, not marriage. It seems like you're really pushing this far when you think of her going to college and breaking up and what not. Just ask her for coffee and go from there. I know in High School things don't seem that clear but after you pass it all up, you'll realize how much easier it all should have been. I used to be like you. Just relax and be yourself.

Just ax her yo....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    I hate to be the guy that goes against the consensus... Wait... No I don't...

But in this case, I honestly do hate to be in the position that I'm in. Despite popular belief, there is a big difference between Juniors and Freshmen, no matter how much it doesn't seem like it when you are in high school as a freshman. By the time you get to be a senior, you realize just how little freshmen are and how different they are from seniors. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm saying that I would hold off on such a relationship at this time. She may be a very nice girl, but high school "politics" generally work against freshmen and relationships between upperclassmen and underclassmen.

It would be my advice to hold off on "asking out" just yet. While it may be a good learning experience, it could cause a lot of repercussions, you, as a freshman, don't need. I say stay as friends. After you are friends for a while, think about it. Don't rush into anything that could cause your friendship to become compromised.

I have to agree. Its just the way high school is, you never see that kind of stuff.
    Har har har

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak777 View Post
    So there's this girl at my school, and she's a junior, while I'm a freshman, but I'm still either taller or as tall as her.
    My wife is 2 or 3 inches shorter than I am. I stand about 5ft 8 or 9 and she's 5ft 6.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I hope we are helping out here. Sometimes overthinking serves the exact opposite purpose.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I hope we are helping out here. Sometimes overthinking serves the exact opposite purpose.
    Very true.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    Despite popular belief, there is a big difference between Juniors and Freshmen, no matter how much it doesn't seem like it when you are in high school as a freshman. By the time you get to be a senior, you realize just how little freshmen are and how different they are from seniors. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm saying that I would hold off on such a relationship at this time. She may be a very nice girl, but high school "politics" generally work against freshmen and relationships between upperclassmen and underclassmen. [/COLOR]

[
    And yet, one of my favorite boyfriends in high school was a sophomore and I was a junior. We met in the fall at a retreat and instantly liked each other. We dated for about 6 months and ended on pretty good terms. I've only seen him a couple times in the last 20 years but when we did we were still friendly with each other.

I think if this girl has given you any indication that she might like to go out with you on a date, then you should ask. And just go for coffee or bubble tea or something casual like that.

I think I'm gonna ask her, I mean, I don't think I have anything to lose, and it's becoming more of a tough decision because of all the mixed opinions, but I'm still not sure yet. I don't know if my parents will approve, or if hers especially, man, this decision sucks.

•   

I think I'm gonna ask her, I mean, I don't think I have anything to lose, and it's becoming more of a tough decision because of all the mixed opinions, but I'm still not sure yet. I don't know if my parents will approve, or if hers especially, man, this decision sucks.
    Dude, you're going to stress yourself out by thinking about it too much. You're already getting gray hair from it. It's just coffee, not marriage. Just ask her, you'll feel better about it in the end, even if it's a no. At least you won't be back and forth on it anymore and you'll have an answer.
    You have nothing to lose!
    I used to be EXACTLY like you in high school so I know what you're going through and I'm telling you, it's not worth it to stress. I missed out on a lot being the way you are right now.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

To put it bluntly, sack up and get to asking.

Always remember,

no guts, no glory.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I'll give it a shot, but does it really matter if I ask her on Valentine's anymore?

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I'll give it a shot, but does it really matter if I ask her on Valentine's anymore?

Nope, in fact it will take pressure off of you since it will not have the same implications that a Valentines day date would.

And it would be a lot cheaper as well.

BTW, I would tend to agree with others that you shouldn't be looking for a long lasting relationship. You are way too young and have way too much ahead of you.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Banned User

Just man up and do it. Honestly, if there's anything I regret about High School it's the missed opportunities just like this one where I should have had the cajones to just say, "Hey, what do you say to some Starbucks this weekend? My treat!" And honestly, that's all it takes; one simple, direct invitation. Forget pick-up lines, forget being cool. There is only one guaranteed way to not be hip, and that's to try to be. Just relax, take a breath, walk up to her and do it. In my post-teenage years experience I've found that the thing dames dig the most is sincerity. Just the fact that you asked will probably knock her off her feet. So, may the Force be with you and good luck.

Oh, and forget the age difference. Doesn't mean a thing. Peoples is peoples, ya know?

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

The most important thing to remember is that she is going to react to your confidence level more than anything else. Be cocky without being a jerk.

I will get flack for this, but the less you act like you care how she reacts, the more she will be interested in you. She wants to be wanted, if you don't want her, she will wonder why and pursue you to find out what is up.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

•   

My wife is 7 years older than me, don't worry about it.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    The most important thing to remember is that she is going to react to your confidence level more than anything else. Be cocky without being a jerk.

I will get flack for this, but the less you act like you care how she reacts, the more she will be interested in you. She wants to be wanted, if you don't want her, she will wonder why and pursue you to find out what is up.
    Now all the women know our secrets..............

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast