Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

So this girl I really like, I need help please

can someone close this thread please?
    Last edited by DisneyFreak777; 05-30-2008 at 03:37 PM.

• Down Pluto!

Re: So this girl I really like, I need help please

Just do it, be yourself. Worst case she says no - so no change, best case she says yes...

The hardest part is overcoming fear of the unknown - we fear what can or might happen. Rejection is just a part of life, and only seems harder in the teenage years.

Honesty is endearing. Just say the truth - Hey, I heard you are a Disney fan too and I'd like to know more about that. I'm somewhat embarrassed to ask since I only own like two bucks, but would you like to get some coffee or something?

Often we prevent ourselves from having a great time because we don't want to take a chance on hearing a no thank-you. The reality is - if you are a somewhat normal person - you'll get a yes as often as a no. Take a chance. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. It gets easier the more you do it...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Little Miss Sunshine

DisneyFreak -

I agree, just ask. Don't give her anything yet. If she doesn't like you that way, it might make her uncomfortable. If she says yes, then you can think about something cool as far as Tink for her! Maybe you could give her a Tink pin to wear.

Good luck with it! And even if she says no, it's always possible she'll say yes someday. We women do have a way of changing our minds.

I would also sort of save the "magic" for later, if she's interested. I'd make it really casual - that way if she is going to turn you down, it will be much easier on both. And if she says yes, you can make the Valentines Day really special.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Down Pluto!

/\ Yup, what she said...

Just think, a casual conversation about Tink may lead to some future excursion to Disneyland.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Well, should I at least get her flowers or something, I mean it's Valentine's Day. And no offense, but I can't really ask her to go get a cup of coffee with me, Sambo, I'm still in high school, anybody have ideas on what I could say? Also, I know her a little more than just "that girl who's a Disney Freak", I'm friends with her. But thanks for te advice you guys, keep them comin.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak777 View Post
    Well, should I at least get her flowers or something, I mean it's Valentine's Day. And no offense, but I can't really ask her to go get a cup of coffee with me, Sambo, I'm still in high school, anybody have ideas on what I could say? Also, I know her a little more than just "that girl who's a Disney Freak", I'm friends with her. But thanks for te advice you guys, keep them comin.
    Don't get flowers yet. Lets say you were wanting to ask her out FOR Valentines Day. Can you take her to a movie (like Enchanted)? What do you want to do? If she says yes to going out, definitely you can get flowers. I just wouldn't do it until she says yes.

If she says no, you can always still give her something - again, like a Tink pin, just as something nice. But no flowers before she's shown interest, IMHO. I wouldn't give her anything yet, until you know what she thinks.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Oh - just ask if she has plans on V-Day, and if she'd like to go somewhere with you.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Oh ok, thanks, but should I just say, "Will you go out with me?", because I can't really think of any place we could go, she's already seen "Enchanted", I'm not even going to think about Hannah Montana in 3-D lol, but, this might seem like a silly question, but when you ask someone out in high school, does it mean that you've planned to go somewhere with them? Or can you just be bf and gf and hang out all the time around school, and sometimes go places? Do you think she'll care? I don't really have time to do anything after school, even on most weekends, but I don't want that to get in the way of a future relationship.

By the way, I can't really go anywhere alone with a girl yet, I have to be with a group, so it kinda eliminates a lot of the possibilities, and I don't wanna go to the movies because that seems to pressurizing for her and me.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Give it a shot. Worst thing she could say is no. But keep it simple. Ask her if she wants to go for cocoa.

But the problem is I don't know how I can go places with her, my bro's got his license but doesn't have a car, so I'm not sure what to do. Personally, I'd take her for Starbucks though lol.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak777 View Post
    What do you guys think? If you think I should ask her, how should I do it, I want it to be magical, and by the way, her favorite character is Tinker Bell, but I don't wanna do anything too expensive, after all, I'm still in High School, and I've had like only $2 in my wallet for the past couple of months (not saying $2 bucks is how I feel about her lol, i'm just being logical).

No guts, no glory.

Just ask her out.

Since she likes Tinkerbell so well, how about getting her a Tinkerbell postcard from Hot Tpoic..I think they cost about two bucks...and writing on it in a way that sounds like Tinkebell is recommending to the girl to go out with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    No guts, no glory.

Just ask her out.

Since she likes Tinkerbell so well, how about getting her a Tinkerbell postcard from Hot Tpoic..I think they cost about two bucks...and writing on it in a way that sounds like Tinkebell is recommending to the girl to go out with you.
    They have stuff like that at Hot Topic? Well what should I write?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If you don't ask, you don't get. You have nothing to lose and experience to gain. Take it from us old birds, you will forget rejection much quicker then if you do nothing at all. Trust me.

Good luck!

Chad

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Just think, a casual conversation about Tink may lead to some future excursion to Disneyland.
    I agree, first off, just say "Hey" and start some small talk, then introduce yourself, and get to know her. Take it one day at a time. Don't be like me and become stalkerish, . I am still trying to work on that part, I am also having trouble with that part. Avoid any physical contact that may scare her off. I learned that the hard way.

• Circle of Ancients

I hate to be the guy that goes against the consensus... Wait... No I don't...

But in this case, I honestly do hate to be in the position that I'm in. Despite popular belief, there is a big difference between Juniors and Freshmen, no matter how much it doesn't seem like it when you are in high school as a freshman. By the time you get to be a senior, you realize just how little freshmen are and how different they are from seniors. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm saying that I would hold off on such a relationship at this time. She may be a very nice girl, but high school "politics" generally work against freshmen and relationships between upperclassmen and underclassmen.

It would be my advice to hold off on "asking out" just yet. While it may be a good learning experience, it could cause a lot of repercussions, you, as a freshman, don't need. I say stay as friends. After you are friends for a while, think about it. Don't rush into anything that could cause your friendship to become compromised.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast