Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Bad month for boy scouts

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/03/sco....ap/index.html

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP) -- Lightning killed one Boy Scout and injured three others while they slept in a shelter at a mountain scout camp, authorities said Wednesday.
    Coming on the heels of this:

Last Thursday, an assistant Scoutmaster and a 13-year-old Scout were killed by lightning in California's Sequoia National Park.
    and this:

Four Scout leaders at the National Boy Scout Jamboree in Virginia were electrocuted July 24 in front of several Scouts after they lost control of a metal tent pole and it fell against a power line.
    Kinda makes you wonder...Someone up there doesn't seem to like the Boy Scouts so much.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• That's Hawt

Re: Bad month for boy scouts

Which is WHY I was never a boy scout ... that and I don't like bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Minion

Well, God must be gay then or gay-friendly. Because those boy scouts have been rather vocal in their opposition to equality!

• The one on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by neuhickman79
    Well, God must be gay then or gay-friendly. Because those boy scouts have been rather vocal in their opposition to equality!
    First, having been a Boy Scout I find that comment offensive.

Second, while I understand your point of view, I say curse the policy not the individual scouts and scout leaders.
    Ooo, heaven is a place on earth.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Wasn't trying to stir up controversy here. Just pointing out how rather bizarre it is that there have been not one, not two, but rather unfortunate incidents involving the Boy Scouts in the last few weeks.

• The one on the left.

That's quite understood sunnygirl but after reading the posts I just had to get that off my chest. I feel much better now.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Ya know, as a Boy Scout, if I were you, Captain, I'd be afraid to set foot outside. Seems like someone has it in for you guys.

• The one on the left.

Actually sunnyG I already made it through the worst. When I was in Nashville on vacation two weeks ago the hotel we stayed at was hosting first a convention of insurance agents and then the Sons of Confederate Veterans. Let me tell you, at night there were gray uniforms and hoop skirts all over. So if I can survive that I can survive anything.

• Minion

heehee that's why i'm proud to be a girlscout.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

used to be cub scouts, but quit before the boy scout transition. Its a decision I have NEVER regretted.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Locke
    Actually sunnyG I already made it through the worst. When I was in Nashville on vacation two weeks ago the hotel we stayed at was hosting first a convention of insurance agents and then the Sons of Confederate Veterans. Let me tell you, at night there were gray uniforms and hoop skirts all over. So if I can survive that I can survive anything.

heehee that's why i'm proud to be a girlscout.
    Umm, I got kicked out of girl scouts when I was a little Sunnygirl...Actuall, I got kicked out of Brownies, but same difference.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

If all the levels of Girl Scouting had been named after desserts, I might have stuck around. Just couldn't bring myself to give up the "brownie" title.

• Senior Minion

The Boy Scouts have fallen to bad leadership in recent years. Talking too a friend of mine who teaches different aspects of camping and martial arts for merit badges, he said the leaders in this accident are partially to blame for not using wise judgement when a storm is coming. Im not saying the kids deserved it, Im just saying that SOME Cub Scout troops are poorly trained or lacking the help they need too properly train these scouts.
    I hope these kids recover and that there sense of discovery is not discouraged by this.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Rainicorn.

I think the Boy Scouts are good thing, despite their views on homosexuality. It makes kids well-rounded. Overall, I think the Scouts is a good program if you're in the right area. I know about 8 people who have made Eagle and they're an endless fountain of knowledge and awesomeness.

Plus, you know, KNOTS.

I feel bad for the Boy Scouts right now. It's weird that it all had to do with electrocution.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

for an organisation that is seperating itself from homosexuality so much, they seem to be pretty gay. A bunch of young men, spending time alone in the woods, tying knots together, wearing hankys around their necks, all eagerly awaiting next years "Jamboree".

I don't know...
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast