• Comin' at ya!

My video essay for Chapman...Please watch and comment.

For my application to Dodge college (part of Chapman) I had to do a video. The rules were basically that I couldn't appear in it, had to be less than 2 minutes, self introductory, something about myself (interests or personality).

I've been working on this for the past week or so. It's still in it's rough non-finished format, but pretty close to being done if well liked. I have a couple things I'm gonna tweak (some sound levels) but other than that I'm cllose to done.
    It's based on my love for Disneyland so I saw it fit to post it here. Let me know what you think, be honest Certain parts too loud, too quiet? They said they mainly want something creative rather than technically amazing (editing and whatnot).

(I had a cold when I narrated this incase your wondering...If it sounds that bad I'll re-record it when I'm fully recovered).

NOTE: I haven't been on micechat in eons, so I'm not sure if this is the appropriate section for this type of post...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=DgWYAprybB0let me know what you think
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Re: My video essay for Chapman...Please watch and comment.

The lighting, editing, dissolves, and fades are all very nice. If you need to buy a little bit of time you could lose the shots pulling away from the miniatures or not hold them so long.

Definitely re record the voice over. You have a few moments where you enunciate and puff air into the mic. Although I would not have known that you had a cold, it explains the more subdued feel of the voice track. It's not bad, honestly. I just think that the voice over could use a bit more "Pow". However, DO NOT be fake but sincere.

You are near to finishing a very nice piece.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Disappearing/Reappearing

wow. great job. really. I wish some of the video was brighter...so you could clearly distinguish what you were seeing, but, the rides are that dark......not much you can do. All in all, great work.

• That Guy

I stopped the video half-way through.

I saw enough to know that it is a great job, and you have much to be proud of. I would make minor tweaks to it, as Fishbulb said, consider punching up your deliver (try like three red bulls) and you should be good. Also, I would consider not doing the intro, just say like, "My name is blah blah, let's take a magical trip" (or whatever, I know that is corny, but rather then be so clinical, find a way to punch it up)

Lastly, I encourage you to see what current freshmen used to get into the school. Check with current students to see what types of work they submitted.

Best of luck to you.

• That Guy

Ok, I'm torn.

I think I like your audio delivery more than I thought.

Kind of reminds me of something Wes Anderson would do. The lack of energy is almost endearing, and makes the piece more interesting.

• Comin' at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
    wow. great job. really. I wish some of the video was brighter...so you could clearly distinguish what you were seeing, but, the rides are that dark......not much you can do. All in all, great work.
    Youtube darkens it for some reason...the original is MUCH brither, so I might brighten it up a bit so it looks normal on the web.

Thanks to all who have so far commented and given advice, I really appreciate it. I will most likely re-record the audio, because I realize that it lacks PUNCH...Some of the words aren't enounciated as well as they should be. Keep the comments coming
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude