• Still lost in Neverland

New HP Action Figures from NECA

This came in today. This is officially being called the Harry Potter set 5. I have no idea what happened to set 4 because there is nothing yet up on Neca's web site about set 3 or 4 or 5, but Big Bad Toy Store has set 3 and 5 up for Pre Order now. Set 3 (Bellatrix, Lucious Malfoy and Harry in Casual Dress) coming in this Month (Delayed from January) and the 5th set coming in the third quarter of 2008. Maybe after the big meeting going on in Las Vegas for toys companies and studios for toy licenses, we will get some news this week.

Anyway set 5 is Fred and George Weasley and Mad Eye Moody as seen below:

Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Shablagoo!

Re: New HP Action Figures from NECA

They must be including the 3 OOTP lines and the basic line.

1st was teh Harry Potter wave, with Harry, Voldemort, Dememtor, Death eater.
    2nd was teh Harry Hermione, Ron, and sirius OOTP wave.
    3rd was Harry Snape, Dumbeldore, Death eater wave
    4th is the OOTP wave with Harry, Lucius, and Bellatrix.
    This would be the 2nd wave of the basic line. There will be another Harry and a Richard Harris Dumbledore.

You can see them all here. The Ricahrd Harris Dumbledore is amazing.

http://tf08.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=633

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

When I read the topic title, I thought:

Hewlett Packard Action Figures!!!

The way they have been listed on both Neca's on-line site and Big Bad Toy Store is as follows:

1st was the Harry Potter wave, with Harry, Voldemort, Dememtor, Death eater.
    1st again was the Harry Hermione, Ron, Sirius and a dueling dummy, the OOTP wave.

I don't know why these two sets are still numbered as set 1s.

2nd was Harry, Snape, Dumbeldore, Death Eater (2 different) wave
    3rd is the OOTP wave with Harry, Lucius, and Bellatrix.
    No 4th is listed and the the set I posted above is listed as 5th.

These other new pictures have not been solicited yet but I did hear about them. NECA is doing a superb job with the figures and they really want to do all the major characters in the movies.

I have all the sets so far plus the boxed set with Voldemort, Harry and the Riddle Tombstone that Harry was captured on in GOF.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Shablagoo!

The 2 sets are listed as such because they are from 2 different series. The first group was from the HArry Potter line, a line which is meant to be a catch all series that can have figures from more than one movie in a wave. In wave 1 we had Voldemort, Harry, and Death Eaters from Goblet of Fire and a Dementor from Prisoner if Azkaban.

The next wave is all from the Order of the Phoenix and is considered wave one of the OOTP series, not wave 2 of Harry Potter. This wave had Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Sirius as they appeared in Order of the Phoenix.

The next wave is considered Order of the Phoenix 2. This is the one with Snape, Dumbledore, 2 more death Eaters, and another Harry as they appear in Order of the Phoenix. http://www.necaonline.com/features/hpop2/index.html
    http://www.necaonline.com/series/detail/98
    On Neca's website they have this listed as both Harry Potter 2 and OOTP 2. If you click the links above they will show as OOTP2, but if you click the links for each individual figure they do not show the OOTP designation in the paragraph text, but it is in the item title. An example is here. http://www.necaonline.com/product/detail/60535

The wave after that is Order of the Phoenix 3 with Lucius, Bellatrix and another Harry, once again as they appear in that film.
    http://www.necaonline.com/series/detail/112

The upcoming series, which is not on NECA's website yet, will have Mad Eye Moody and the twins as seen in OOTP and Dumbeldore and Harry as seen in Chamber of Secrets. Since the figs are from more than one film, it should be considered part of the non film specific Harry Potter line and would be wave 2 of that.

Really it is all just semantics. The wave with Mad-eye could be seen as wave 5 since it is the 5th wave of Harry Potter figures that NECA has produced. But the Order of the Phoenix waves are considered a separate series, that's why they restart the numbering. When the Half-Blood Prince figures arrive, they will also be in their own series and while they are comign out, there will probably not be any figures produced in the non film specific series. At least that is what Randy of NECA has said in interviews.

I've got a thread in the collectible lounge with coverage of Toy Fair 2008 in New York. It can be found here. http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...008-90318.html

NECA has got figures coming from Harry Potter, Gears of War, TMNT, Princess Bride, Grindhouse, Conan, and others. They also got some neat collectibles coming, like a replica of Sweeny Todd's razor.
    You can see Figures.com's NECA coverage here.
    http://tf08.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=514

edit: PS you did get a Hagrid figure right? I didn't see it listed above in what you have.
    Last edited by Melonballer; 02-24-2008 at 04:24 AM.

Yes I did plus the exclusive Harry Potter figure with Hedwig flying in over his shoulder.

The only reason I was concerned, is since I have all the NECA 7" Action Figures I want to make sure I don't miss anything. So far Big Bad Toy Store has the best prices and seem to get everything in for pre-order early. Thanks for all the information and I will have to check out your links to see the Toy Show stuff. I plan to use the Deatheaters, the Dementor, Voldemort, Harry and The Riddle Grave in a diorama scene from GOF. I also plan to use Dumbledore, Voldemort, Harry, Sirius, Belatrix and Lucius in a scene from the big battle in OOTP. I am redoing the Harry Potter Magic Room anyway, so it will be awhile before I can do this. But when I am finished with the displays in the living room and the Magic Room I will put up pictures of the new look to my place.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Shablagoo!

Of course. It was confusing how NECA marked their lines. Glad I can help and look forward to seeing the finished displays.

I'm just waiting for NECA to make Tonks, Luna, and Buckbeak.