Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• EXTERMINATE!!!

Re: Las Vegas Doesn't Like Me.

I would have to disagree with Morrigoon, I would not recommend Bellagio's buffet. My brother (Captain Locke, btw) and I tried it last year. Neither of us thought it was worth the money we paid. This is from two guys who certainly enjoy some of the finer foods out there, which is what Bellagio was trying to showcase. IOHO, the best buffets are at Bally's, Harrahs and Rio (Carnival World, have not been to the seafood one). The old Alladin had a decent one, but the new one's isn't very good. I would steer clear of the ones at the Stardust and the Excalibur. The Stardust's was pretty lousy, and the one at the Excalibur you have to go through the buffet first, and then get seated. Rather annoying if you ask me.

As for places to stay, I would recommend Ballys or Harrahs. We have been out there ten times and have stayed at Flamingio, Bally's, Harrahs, Treasure Island, Ceasars, Paris and Luxor. We liked those 2 the best, though Caesars was certainly nice, but more expensive than those 2.

We both enjoy Las Veags. We go out there for the gambling, shows and more. It is a great place to relax, as there is usually something open around the clock. Thus there is no reason to rush, unless you have show tickets. That said, neither of us are big gamblers. We always try to take in a few shows and maybe a tour or museum. Last year we went to the Liberace museum. Well worth it. We've also been to Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam, and the Grand Canyon.

Oh well. I guess that is enough for this post. That was probably more than $0.02, good thing the meter wasn't running!

Till the next post, Good Day!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Piratebooty -sorry you've had a bad run. Hope you made it home safe and sound.
    Vegas is cool for me - we just started a discount airline out of Mt so I can get there for $180 which is cheaper than driving and about half the price of a normal ticket to anywhere.
    We love to go for a long weekend, catch a show, and if we're really ambitious a side trip to Disneyland.
    2 of my fav playgrounds

• Minion

i got back on monday only to return to a damaged internet connection. of course. i mean, why wouldn't i? trip from hell! finnaly got the connection fixed, so here i am. sorry, i know you guys enjoyed the quiet the trip was initially a business trip for my boyfriend, he wanted me and the baby to tag along, so we did. his company paid for us to stay at the holiday inn express on sahara. not bad, but not very vegas. the last leg of the stay we went to the excalibur cause i thought it would be more kid friendly. i t was, wow, it's so dingy! we laughed at out 70's trailer park chic room. really, it was nothing a couple of beers couldn't fix. we decided to go out for a walk to the luxor, where i slipped and pulled a muscle in my leg cause some drunk fool spilled ice cream on the floor. then, as i was limping back to my hotel room, i tripped over my foot and nearly broke it. on the way home we stopped in stateline to ride desperado for the first time. i was jogged so violently on it, i bruised my ribs. so the moral of this story is: i should stay home, rolled up in a mattress tied with twine.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    You ate at Circus Circus, didn't you?

<----- Las Vegas native. (Now happily residing in SoCal.)
    no, we were way off the strip, in west las vegas. it was a place called charlie's on saraha blvd, by all the car dealerships. what a hellhole to top all hellholes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

My two cents: we usually stay at the Sahara. Rooms as low as $39 per night right on the strip. Favorite place to eat is Quark's Bar in the Las Vegas Hilton. Great food at a reasonable price... and fun theming. Most of the buffet's aren't all that good. Food for the herd. Maggiano's Little Italy just opened. Oh yeah!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• insufferable know-it-all

Arizona Charlies, oh god, the humanity! The only time I ever got near the place was on the way to my car repair guy. It makes so much more sense now.

If they ever try to put you there again, seriously consider checking out the Suncoast. You'll need a car to drive to Charlie's for the work stuff, but it's a nicer place by leaps and bounds (in fact, quite popular with locals as it has a movie theatre and bowling alley)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Welcome home!
    Enjoy the comfort of your mattress and twine
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Vegas WAS great back in the days of $19.99 rooms, $.99 Breakfasts, and $1.49 buffets. Now it's like any other re$ort, except instead of seeing Spinning Rides, you see Spinning Wheels at a buck+ a pop. And NO, your Number will NEVER come up, so just walk away. ....go on......walk.... just go... don't look back....
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12