Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Making the World a Better Place

    I have seen so many Presidential things on TV about how 'if elected' they'll make the US - or the world for that matter - a better place...etc and so on.....

    But my question to you, as a resident of the US and fellow MiceChatter is:

    How are YOU making the world a better place? It's those day to day things.....saying a nice thing to someone, giving that little kid in the grocery store line the 10cents he or she needs to make their purchase.....it's saying hello to someone at the gas pump....it's letting someone on the freeway in front of you......or just wishing someone a good day....maybe it sounds corny, but I think these are little things that make living so much better, in my opinion. Just putting a smile on someones face - priceless. Making a positive difference - even more priceless!

    What are you doing to make the world a better place?
    Last edited by Disneyland Daddy; 03-03-2008 at 02:18 PM.

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eustis, Florida (45 minutes from WDW)
    Posts
    3,025

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    I teach special education.

    I dream of a world that will improve.

    I give cookies to those who deserve them.

    I eat cookies when I deserve them.

    I do try to pass out ten complements a day.

    I say "peace" whenever possible.

    I help people see their own potential.

    I sometimes take a nap, removing myself from everyone's hair.

    I entertain people with stories of derring-do and creepy monsters--hoping, one day, that a reader remembers them and creates another tale.

    I read more. I listen to others.

    Peace!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

  3. #3

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    I teach special education.

    I dream of a world that will improve.

    I give cookies to those who deserve them.

    I eat cookies when I deserve them.

    I do try to pass out ten complements a day.

    I say "peace" whenever possible.

    I help people see their own potential.

    I sometimes take a nap, removing myself from everyone's hair.

    I entertain people with stories of derring-do and creepy monsters--hoping, one day, that a reader remembers them and creates another tale.

    I read more. I listen to others.

    Peace!
    Roo
    That's what I'm talking about! That's awesome Roo. Thanks for this!
    I think that also realizing what a great place it is - just lying in the grass and staring at the blue sky or even the stars - just magnifies how great it is....and to me, that realization, taking the time to 'inhale it' so to speak is making it a better place too.

    Thanks for all that you do!

  4. #4

    • Incognito
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,469
    Blog Entries
    49

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    I spread joy and mirth wherever I go.

  5. #5

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eustis, Florida (45 minutes from WDW)
    Posts
    3,025

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    I spread joy and mirth wherever I go.
    Sometimes quite violently, I might add.

    Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

  6. #6

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    Sometimes quite violently, I might add.

    Peace,
    Roo

  7. #7

    • decorating
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Mentone
    Posts
    879

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    I try my best not to 'hate'
    I don't use that word very often- hate is a strong word.
    I often dislike, though

  8. #8

    • pronounced, Casey Jr. 1
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,714

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    i'm a vegetarian cause i believe that im helping with the environment.
    I recycle
    I"m a volunteer for the american cancer society
    I volunteer for other cancer or heart disease walks
    I try to save on energy
    When i see people arguing I try to get them to calm them down, and have them talk instead of yelling.

  9. #9

    • Directly directed
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    I recycle
    I write letters to senators and ambassors about the lack of FGM laws in the US
    I email people when the SaveDarfur campaign tells me too
    I support charities I believe in
    I support xxxchurch.com. I'm not in support of porn.
    I work with kids
    I donate my clothing to the Cancer Society
    I'm going to be a foster mom
    I lead a Bible Study. I encourage people to be better people.
    I write letters to people in prison who need encouragement. (Not scary rapist physcopath murderers although I'm sure they need encouragement too.)
    I vote.

  10. #10

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,653

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I have seen so many Presidential things on TV about how 'if elected' they'll make the US - or the world for that matter - a better place...etc and so on.....

    But my question to you, as a resident of the US and fellow MiceChatter is:

    How are YOU making the world a better place? It's those day to day things.....saying a nice thing to someone, giving that little kid in the grocery store line the 10cents he or she needs to make their purchase.....it's saying hello to someone at the gas pump....it's letting someone on the freeway in front of you......or just wishing someone a good day....maybe it sounds corny, but I think these are little things that make living so much better, in my opinion. Just putting a smile on someones face - priceless. Making a positive difference - even more priceless!

    What are you doing to make the world a better place?
    wow great statements disneyland daddy. what the world needs love. just like the song.

    1: say hi everyday and thank people
    2: open the door for the ladies.
    3. say hi again.

  11. #11

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    I find that the littlest thing can be such BIG things.

    You are all so awesome for what you do day to day to make the world a better place.

    Thank you.

  12. #12

    • pronounced, Casey Jr. 1
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,714

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    yes, saying thank you and saying hi to people is great. so many people just ignore others

  13. #13

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    Quote Originally Posted by ksejr1 View Post
    yes, saying thank you and saying hi to people is great. so many people just ignore others
    Ignore is the root word of IGNORANCE.......which I think speaks volumes. You make a great point ksejr1!

  14. #14

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Just around the riverbend
    Posts
    8,057

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    I live in Los Angeles, and have always gone to at least one L.A. Works sponsored event a month. Before I broke my leg I volunteered every Saturday at the local food bank to help sort food, read to kids , helped out at animal shelters and participated in a lot of non-profit fund raising events.

    If you live in Los Angeles and would like to help out check out L.A. Works.


  15. #15

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    8,618
    Blog Entries
    82

    Re: Making the World a Better Place

    -Training the mutt to be a guide dog (getting another one in 6-7 months)
    -I try to be cheerful whenever possible
    -When I am working, I work with kids
    -In October I am constantly pushing the message to "check the knockers" to people my age or younger ( lumps totally happens to girls my age, or 16, and no one tells them to check).
    -Nice to all the older people in my grandparents home (that reminds me I need to make latkes).
    -I try to give compliments to strangers whenever possible.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Pictures] New candy making place photos
    By akfandisney in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 10:21 AM
  2. WDS Place Making the constructions has began !
    By DLRP_bopazot in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 02:23 PM
  3. WDS Place Making! official
    By DLRP_bopazot in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 11:39 AM
  4. WDS place making continues ...
    By DLRP_bopazot in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 07:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •