Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

The Month from Hell

Hey everybody, you may have noticed that Belle and I haven't been around much.

Well, it started off in late Jan/early Feb when Belle started getting headaches. And not just small headaches, knock you on your @$$ for days straight migrane headaches.

One night during a 12 hour ER stay she had a CT scan on her head. Nothing. They kept giving her meds, nothing was making it better. 3 or 4 weeks this went on. Blood tests had come back with high liver electrolites. Liver Ultrasound comes back okay. All this time the headache wouldn't go away.

Through all of this her BP was VERY high (still is) but no explanation as to why. Still have no explanation but her headache is gone.

Then 2 weeks ago today our daughter starts getting sick. We at first thought it was the flu. Friday, Saturday, Sunday she's sick. Sunday night she starts complaining about pain in her right side. We took her to Urgent Care on Monday then they said to take her to the ER it was a possible appendicitis.

After a CT scan on her stomach it was determined that's what it was. They did the surgery and it had ruptured. She was in the hospital for a week, just came home on Sunday. Still home but doing MUCH better. Belle stayed in the hospital every night only coming home briefly to shower, etc. The hospital stay wasn't fun and her fever had been spiking to as high as 104.6 one night.

Then, while Amanda was in the hospital, we get an email that one of Belle's oldest friends had passed away (we are going to the funeral today).

You'd think that would be about as much as we could handle right? WRONG!!

So my first day back at work after the hospital stay was Tuesday. I get called into HR at 9:30am and told that my job has been eliminated, basically laid-off. I've been at the company for 12 years, never gotten laid off. Luckily I have a 6 month severence and I can still apply for other jobs at my company if I choose to.

But even with all of that, we are all still here, still alive and I still get a paycheck. Things could have been ALOT worse. Belle could have had something VERY wrong with her. Amanda's rupture could have been worse than it was. I could NOT be getting a severence.

So just take some time, count your blessings. We sure are.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: The Month from Hell

God, what a rough month for your family. You're never far from our thoughts and prayers.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

I'm so sorry for Belle's loss.

You guys are awesome. No one deserves this much crap all at once, but especially not such a great family.

I'm so glad your lovely daughter is OK and hope that Belle's headaches don't come back.

About your job - the heck? No warning at all is just weak. But it's great that you still get a paycheck and I know for sure you will find something better. I believe it.

Thank you for sharing this with us. It's a great reminder to everyone to cherish what we have and take nothing for granted.

• Do You know?

The other day I was wondering where you were and to find out all of this, oh my.

I am so sorry and just know that you are in my thoughts.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Your perspective is awesome- makes my life seem like a cake walk. I am so sorry for what you are going through, but you guys are so strong and I know you can handle it. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope things start turning around for you. You guys certainly deserve a little bit more sunshine.

x a million
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

That was an impossible month, Gregg, and I don't know why the four of you had to go through it, but you are right. You entered the month with abundant blessings, and you came through it all, with those blessings intact. Well, except for the appendix, that is.

Thanks for reminding us all to take a moment to look at our own lives. I just checked around the RicknLu household. Many, many blessings to be thankful for, including the four of you!

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of Belle's friend.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Sorry Clinks. I'll be thinking about you pal.

• Hiding in the shadows

Wow, I was wondering where you both had been, sounds like there was a lot going on, although sometimes its better to have tons of stuff thrown at you at once so you can get through it all and then move on. Sounds like you are on the right side of that now!

I am very sorry about your layoff but it sounds like they have a good severance package, and if its any consilation, everyone I know so far that left my company from layoff (we have laid off more than 800 people in the last 10 months...my last day is in 50 days) many have ended up 150 times better than they were here, I hope you are able to find something better and quickly.

A little piece of heaven

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I had been wondering what was up with you two and had hoped you were just busy enjoying life. I am glad you have each other to lean on during this trying time. I am doing as you say and taking time to count my blessings. Big Arizona hugs to you and Belle.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

March is going to be YOUR month, just keep saying that Extra big hugs to Kristi today

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Gregg - sorry to learn of your unfortunate month..............I sure know what it's like to have 'The Month From Hell' - BELIEVE ME.

Hang in there......

•   
    • Kerplookee

Good job looking at the brighter side. It's never easy to keep your head up during times like these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Sorry to hear about your current and past troubles. Best of luck on the job hunt - that optimistic attitude will help a lot.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

You guys are due for some good luck hang in there. Even after all this, you still see the silver lining
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

You can only go up from here hun. *HUGS* Your family is my thoughts, I know it will turn around for you soon.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast