Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

What is Your Favorite Mall and Why?

For those of you who do not know this already, I am a shopper. I love to go to the mall and just walk around......and if I have some extra dough, I like to get something good. My wife and I are really good bargain shoppers - and the wild thing is, we go to some of Southern California's nicer shopping venue's and get some INCREDIBLE DEALS! Usually, if it's not on some sort of sale, we don't buy it - call us cheap, but I see it as frugal.

Behind South Coast Plaza come : Fashion Island, Brea Mall, The Shops @ Mission Viejo and then MainPlace

How about you? If YOU'RE a shopper, where do you like to shop?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Re: What is Your Favorite Mall and Why?

My favorite mall is South Coast Plaza. My favorite store at SCP is Nordstrom.

A couple of the employees know me by name which is scary and exciting at the same time.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

South Coast, all the way. It's my "home" mall, and I used to work there so I have an attachment. (I was just there today, actually.) It's going so upscale that I'm afraid I'll be priced out soon and not able to shop there anymore. I came out of Macy's and quickly realized I "wasn't in Kansas anymore", so to speak!
    A signature should go here.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Bellevue Square...cuz I know where everything is. LOLOL
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Fashion Island. It's close to Sprinkles and Strands and Stitches.

Oh! Victoria Gardens, because of Pinkberry. Bitter about that though. Grew up in Cucamonga, was promised that since my parents were looking at houses there, and the moment I leave guess what? They started building it.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJenn View Post
    My favorite mall is South Coast Plaza. My favorite store at SCP is Nordstrom.

A couple of the employees know me by name which is scary and exciting at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    South Coast, all the way. It's my "home" mall, and I used to work there so I have an attachment. (I was just there today, actually.) It's going so upscale that I'm afraid I'll be priced out soon and not able to shop there anymore. I came out of Macy's and quickly realized I "wasn't in Kansas anymore", so to speak!
    You're both so funny! You know, I tell you........Macy's has a childrens line of clothes called "Greendog" and it's wonderful! We love it. They had an after Christmas sale and we got Grant a couple of things that came out to like $1.49 a piece..........UNREAL!

We like to shop there, even though it's about 28 mile drive, because they stock demographically - which might qualify us as mall-snobs! Oh well, hey, if we're going to shell out the money, we should shop where we like, right?

Say, SCP taken into consideration, did you ever go in Back Bay Rowing & Running Club on the ground level across from Armani Cafe? We LOVED that place, but they closed because of mold in the walls.......we miss that place terribly........they had the best Cobb Salads........and these Turkey Dips that were out of this world........and these club sandwiches......oh man! Our fave server was Albert.......tell me, did we shop/eat there often? Our fave associate at Macy's Mens Store was Araceli - call us CRAZY!

Hey, on the 'sale' thing - I went to Bloomingdale's the day after Christmas and got this $70 shirt for $11! That's what I mean about bargain hunting!

•   

Niiiiice retail therapy DD!! I love Macy's half off half off sales....one DAYO...and I'm also onboard w/ the Greendog. They are so well made, such nice fabric, nothing itchy --which was an issue w/ my youngest one!

• My cuties!

My favorite mall is the QVB in Sydney. It is gorgeous!

Here at home I really don't like to go to the local mall. Too many teenagers there. (Oh god, that made me sound old! )

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I do miss Back Bay Rowing. They had the best lunches for mall employees. Mmmm, like meatloaf and their mashed potatoes, with a drink for $5. And their giant salad bar! Yeah, I miss that place a lot.

I've never been to Victoria Gardens, but I hear it's fantastic. I used to work for Crate and Barrel and I know they have a new store there. I still need to make that field trip out there.

I also can do pretty well at the Carlsbad Outlets, too.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    Here at home I really don't like to go to the local mall. Too many teenagers there. (Oh god, that made me sound old! )
    Hey, I said something desparaging about teenagers and Twentysomethings today! I then caught myself and thougth "OH MY GOSH"! I can't believe what I am saying - but then again.......I'm 36 years old - and will be 37 late this year........maybe it's the magnetic force drawing me closer to 40!

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    Niiiiice retail therapy DD!! I love Macy's half off half off sales....one DAYO...and I'm also onboard w/ the Greendog. They are so well made, such nice fabric, nothing itchy --which was an issue w/ my youngest one!
    Hey! I tell you what else - I love their Alfani brand for men. The Alfani slacks are nicely made, comfortable - and their shirts are great too!

I actually applied for a part time job at that Macy's- they wanted to hire me, but SCP and MainPlace didn't have any openings yet - but when they do, they would just place me in one of those stores.....won't have to go through the interview process again - according to them, I interviewed QUITE well.

•   

DD --- I'm not sure Macy's would be a good place for you to be getting a paycheck from!! LOLOLLOLOL as much as you like to shop! I know I couldn't work there, even tho' I'd be sooo stylin'. I'd be FLAT broke!!

And Alfani for women is nice too!!! I bought DH a great Alfani black wool waste coat about 7yrs ago. I'll never forget it..wanted something for him for xmas, was down to the last of my xmas funds...coat was almost $300...marked down...down...down...half off of that...15% off of that cuz I used my BonMarche (now Macys) card...$37 out the door.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY View Post
    DD --- I'm not sure Macy's would be a good place for you to be getting a paycheck from!! LOLOLLOLOL as much as you like to shop! I know I couldn't work there, even tho' I'd be sooo stylin'. I'd be FLAT broke!!

And Alfani for women is nice too!!! I bought DH a great Alfani black wool waste coat about 7yrs ago. I'll never forget it..wanted something for him for xmas, was down to the last of my xmas funds...coat was almost $300...marked down...down...down...half off of that...15% off of that cuz I used my BonMarche (now Macys) card...$37 out the door.
    I was a devout Bullock's shopper...had the credit card, etc.....and then Macy's bought out Bullock's in California - you can imagine my displeasure, initially. Bye bye to Bulloc's Mens Store at South Coast, Bullock's @ MainPlace and Bullock's @ Beverly Center..........but I learned to LOVE Macy's.....

I feel like I am dating myself when I say I was a devout Bullock's shopper - because I think they 'left' in late 1994 or January 1995!

But for the record- I also remember May Co, Robinsons (when they were not the same store) Broadway, Buffums........I think I even went into an Orbach's a couple of times!

•   
    • Senior Minion

I LOVE SCP! It is truly one of my favorite malls. My favorite casual dining place there now is Pacific Whey. I loved Back Bay Rowing Club too-their monster cookies were the best.

Fashion Island comes in a close second for me. I used to work in the office buildings at Fashion Island and that was pretty dangerous $$$$. I loved lunch at Mariposa in Neiman Marcus. They have the best popovers with raspberry butter .

Now my office is across the street from the Irvine Spectrum so most of my shopping is now at the Nordstrom and Anthropologie store in the Spectrum. It's a nice change of pace because I can do lunch at Cheesecake Factory, Javier's or Fox Sports Grill. Not as many shops to choose from, but pretty great place to take my son for the carousel, ferris wheel and trackless train.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Oh yeah, der, Irvine Spectrum! I like how they are hitting all the price points, with Old Navy and Target on up to Macy's and Nordstrom.

• Banned User

I don't like malls. I'd rather sit in my pj's at midnight and shop online and ship it back if I hate it or it doesn't fit! ha!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast