•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Lunch Thread

I am calling this the Lunch Thread, as I sit here eating some, open face tuna fish sandwiches. I only make them, when I have a taste for tuna fish. Easy to make. I can of tuna fish, some hard boiled eggs chopped up and some mayo. I toast some bread and spread the tuna fish on - open faced. Delicious.

Somewhere in the world - A lot of somewheres in the world it is lunch.

Some questions to ponder?

What is your favorite lunch?
    Where is your favorite place to grab a good meal at lunch time.
    When you were a kid, did you go home for lunch.
    Did you take a brown bag lunch to school?
    Perhaps you carried a Lunchbox to school, - how old were you, when you stopped that?
    Best place to have lunch at Disneyland?
    Does anyone, perhaps, know Walt Disney's favorite lunch?
    Are you in charge of making school, and/or take to work lunches for your family?
    Did you eat in the school cafeteria in high school?
    What is your favorite fast food and/or junk food lunch?
    What is a good place to take someone for lunch, if you are on a budget?
    What is a good place to take someone for lunch, if you really want to impress them.
    Do you cut the ends (crust) off the bread?
    Do you remember Bozo Circus at Lunchtime?
    How do you like your hotdogs?

Any, and all, Lunch related topics and stories told here.

I am going to finish my tuna fish sandwich and hope to read some good Lunch stories.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 08-08-2005 at 10:44 AM. Reason: forgot a question mark
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Official Mice Chat person

Re: The Lunch Thread

I just barely got done with a delicious club sandwich, yummmmm...

School starts in one week exactly for me, and I plan on eating the school lunch the first few days.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

What is your favorite lunch? - Jif peanut butter and Welchs grape jelly on soft white bread with Ruffles and my moms homemade cream cheese garlic dip.

Where is your favorite place to grab a good meal at lunch time. - work (office is too far from anywhere to get anything and I work through lunch)

When you were a kid, did you go home for lunch. - nope wasnt allowed to.

Did you take a brown bag lunch to school? - metal lunch box until like 6th grade, then brown bag (and I was always jealous of those kids that had those cool white lunch bags with the limes or lemons or oranges printed on them, remember those bags from the 70's?)

Perhaps you carried a Lunchbox to school, - how old were you, when you stopped that? - see above

Best place to have lunch at Disneyland? - Blue Bayou (Monte Cristo baybee!)

Does anyone, perhaps, know Walt Disney's favorite lunch? - no

Are you in charge of making school, and/or take to work lunches for your family? - I make my own lunches and I aint got no kids.

Did you eat in the school cafeteria in high school? - didnt really have one (Catholic school)

What is your favorite fast food and/or junk food lunch? - Jack in the Box

What is a good place to take someone for lunch, if you are on a budget? - Taco Bell

What is a good place to take someone for lunch, if you really want to impress them. - not Taco Bell

Do you cut the ends (crust) off the bread? - uh, no, I'm not 3 anymore.

Do you remember Bozo Circus at Lunchtime? - no but I remember Bozo the Clown.

How do you like your hotdogs? - footlong

Hey I really like this idea. I like the sandwiches you speak of but with pickles and onions added.
    I remember eating school lunches and wondering what was in them.Also having to "help" in the kitchen once a month.I am not sure why they had the kids do that? It really cut into our recess time.
    Once in a great while my mom would "say" she would pack me a lunch, but she always forgot. Then I would have to endure the store bought lunch delivered to the classroom by my teacher....who would promptly open it and display all the contents! My mother always over packed my lunch...pints of chocolate milk, sandwiches,fruit,dessert, and chips! I hated it..of course my teacher would then take what he wanted out of it and give the giant sized paper bag to me.
    Nowadays I am the mom. I am always good to my kids and give them what they want to a degree. Usually pb&j ,cookies and friut.Maybe a little extra so they can share!
    My favorite place to eat lunch in Disneyland is Bengal BBQ. It rocks! If I am not there though, I love this little sub shop here that makes the bread when you order so your sandwich comes in warm from the oven rolls! yummy!
    Well it is lunchtime here so....Have Fun !

• insufferable know-it-all

When I was growing up, I always got the school lunch. I think this is where my inability to have a not-fresh lunch came from. Anyway, there came a time when I wanted to be like other kids and bring a cool lunch box. However, as my mom at the time had an unfortunate tendency to purchase Roman Meal bread (the most vile concoction since the inception of actual cardboard), I always ended up very dissatisfied with the food I got. PBJ is TERRIBLE on Roman Meal (as is anything else). Naturally, I have issues with wheat bread to this day. Funny how a misguided attempt to make your kids eat healthy leads into lifelong bad habits, eh? If only she'd chosen a wheat bread that tasted good.... (sadly, my folks thought it did taste good... blech!) Anyway, I eventually learned that I hated "brought" lunches, and the only time I'd have them after that was when we were forced to for field trips (apparently it was impossible to allow us to just bring money and purchase on site?). Mine usually consisted of nasty dried-out burgers bought the night before because most fast food joints don't sell them at 7 o'clock in the morning. My mom hates to cook, does it show?

So today I'm eating another one of my infamous must-be-hot lunches, from Del Taco. But ya gotta admit, they make great fries!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When we were kids, the only kind of bread we knew was squishy white bread. Everything tasted good on squishy white bread. When there was nothing to go with the mayonaise (actually Miracle Whip) we would just put Miracle whip on bread and fold it over. Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! Funny peanut butter and jelly tasted good like that too, squishy white bread and folded over.

I always went home for lunch, until high school.

Bozo the Clown was on at lunchtime when my kids were in school and still came home for lunch.
    Pop Century Resort

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

What is your favorite lunch?~~either pizza or a sammich. I like pepper turkey, with baby spinach, red onion, spicy brown mustard and pepper jack cheese best
    Where is your favorite place to grab a good meal at lunch time.~~Chuy's or JBX Grill
    When you were a kid, did you go home for lunch.~~nope
    Did you take a brown bag lunch to school?~~from 5th grade on it was brown bag, before that was lunchbox.
    Best place to have lunch at Disneyland?~~Blue Bayou
    Are you in charge of making school, and/or take to work lunches for your family?~~I make lunches for the boys. Shawn is a PB&J addict or Bologna, Kyler likes turkey or ham.
    Did you eat in the school cafeteria in high school?~~Nope we got to go off campus!!!
    What is your favorite fast food and/or junk food lunch?~~Del Taco
    What is a good place to take someone for lunch, if you are on a budget?Chuy's or CPK
    Do you cut the ends (crust) off the bread?~~depends on the bread
    Do you remember Bozo Circus at Lunchtime?~~nope
    How do you like your hotdogs?~~burnt on the grill or exploded in the microwave with diced pickles, onions and mustard

FUN!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

What is your favorite lunch? I will cheat and use my favorite meal... my grandma's fried chicken, mashed potaoes, bread, fresh beans and layer jell-o for dessert. That meal's just a memory.

Where is your favorite place to grab a good meal at lunch time. At work, I love to go Russell's and eat breakfast At home I usually don't order out lunch.

When you were a kid, did you go home for lunch. Nope, lived too far away. Well, maybe in 1st grade, but I don't remember!

Did you take a brown bag lunch to school?
    Perhaps you carried a Lunchbox to school, - how old were you, when you stopped that?
    I brought my lunch all the way through.
    I had a lunchbox... probably through 6th grade? The only one I remember was my metal Strawberry Shortcake one... This girl Sarah had the SAME ONE as me in 1st grade and oooh I hated her!

Best place to have lunch at Disneyland? Blue Bayou!

Does anyone, perhaps, know Walt Disney's favorite lunch? No

Are you in charge of making school, and/or take to work lunches for your family? My family is me, so, yes, I make my lunch every night!

Did you eat in the school cafeteria in high school? Yup. We had no choice!

What is your favorite fast food and/or junk food lunch? Crispy Ranch Chicken with criss cut fries from Carls Jr. *drool*

What is a good place to take someone for lunch, if you are on a budget? Carl's Jr. King Taco. Cheap and delicious! then we'd sit in the courtyard to eat it.

What is a good place to take someone for lunch, if you really want to impress them. Napa Rose.

Do you cut the ends (crust) off the bread? No, but I do tear 'em off and eat them first.

Do you remember Bozo Circus at Lunchtime? HECK YES. I loved Bozo!

How do you like your hotdogs? Ya cut 'em in half and fry 'em up, then you put two pieces of Velveeta in the middle and put 'em in a squishy bun. Mmmm.

I don't really have any lunch stories... When I think of high school at lunchtime I think of cheese fries, cute boys and bloody fights!

Oh and Barbarann, I always had white Wonder bread growing up! Now I eat the healthy stuff and pretend it tastes good
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 08-08-2005 at 06:43 PM.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

What is your favorite lunch? - In N Out or if I make it PB&J

Where is your favorite place to grab a good meal at lunch time. - Hogi Yogi - sammich shop where frozen yogurt is also sold

When you were a kid, did you go home for lunch. - wasn't an option

Did you take a brown bag lunch to school? - metal lunch box that had Peanuts comic strips on it...i miss that thing then after that i brown bagged most of the time. High school was great, they had a bbq where you could get bacon cheese burgers hot off the grill, Taco Bell burritos, pizza hut breadsticks...mmmm i'm getting hungry

Best place to have lunch at Disneyland? - Blue Bayou

Does anyone, perhaps, know Walt Disney's favorite lunch? - no

Are you in charge of making school, and/or take to work lunches for your family? - I make my own lunches..mostly salads or a frozen meal of some sort

Did you eat in the school cafeteria in high school? - nope, a giant courtyard

What is your favorite fast food and/or junk food lunch? - Jack in the Box

What is a good place to take someone for lunch, if you are on a budget? - Carl's Jr.

What is a good place to take someone for lunch, if you really want to impress them. - Disneyland...lol

Do you cut the ends (crust) off the bread? - nope, i love the crusts.

Do you remember Bozo Circus at Lunchtime? - WHO???

How do you like your hotdogs? - grilled w/ onions
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When my grandson is in school, I visit him at his house after school. I usually pack some lunch. Usually I am eating lunch late, about 3 pm. This summer, my grandson has had to go to summer school, so lunch is earlier, about noon. It is approaching the time that I have to leave, since it takes me about an hour on public transportation.

Think I will pack up some of that spaghetti I made yesterday. Spaghetti is my grandson's favorite food. Nothing fancy. Boil some spaghetti, add some sauce from a jar, (any variety will do, but I buy Prego, when it is on sale) throw in a little cooked ground beef and you got spaghetti. Warms up nice in the microwave. A little bread and butter and he's happy. When all else fails, there's always spaghett!

So its off to the bus and lunch with my grandson, see ya later.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

About Bozo the Clown

When my kids went to school, in the 70's, here in Chicago, there was a show called Bozo's Circus that was on at Lunch time. They played cartoons of Bozo the clown and others (which escape me at the moment). They had a live studio audience. People sent in for tickets. It was the hardest and most sought after ticket in Chicagoland. My kids came home at lunchtime and watched Bozo's Circus. They had a game called the Grand Prize Game. It was a simple game, where you threw ping pong balls into little buckets one by one. There wer 6 of them, each one was farther away than the last. If you made it to the last one, you won the Grand Prize. Money and prizes if I remember correctly. It was a big thing in Chicago. I let my kids skip school one day, when my sister was able to take them to Bozo's circus. My neice got to play the Grand Prize game. AAAAhhhh lunchtime memories.
    Pop Century Resort