• Wonderful World

Woman sits on boyfriends toliet for two years

I just came across this article. Very bizarre

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...oilet0313.html
    Woman sits on boyfriend's toilet for 2 years

Roxana Hegeman
    Associated Press
    Mar. 13, 2008 12:55 AM
    WICHITA, Kan. - Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who stayed in her boyfriend's bathroom for two years, spending most of her time on the toilet - so that her body was stuck to the seat by the time he called police.

It appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat, said Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple. The woman initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

The county attorney will determine if charges should be filed against the boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said.

The boyfriend, Kory McFarren, agreed to be interviewed Wednesday by the Associated Press. He identified his girlfriend as Pam Babcock.

McFarren, 36, told investigators he took Babcock food and water and asked her every day to leave the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, 'Maybe tomorrow,' " Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

McFarren told the AP that he wasn't to blame and that it was solely Babcock's choice to remain in the bathroom.

"She is an adult. She made her own decision. It was my fault; I should have gotten help for her sooner; I admit that," McFarren said.

Although authorities said they think Babcock was in the bathroom for two years, McFarren said he wasn't certain how long she stayed there. He said she had a phobia about leaving the room because of childhood beatings.

"It just kind of happened one day. She went in and had been in there a little while, the next time it was a little longer. Then she got it in her head she was going to stay - like it was a safe place for her," McFarren said.

But McFarren said Babcock moved around in the bathroom during that time, bathed and changed into the clothes he brought her.

He said they conversed and had an otherwise normal relationship - except that it all happened in the bathroom.

McFarren, who works at an antique store, said he has taken care of Babcock for the 16 years they have lived together.

You think the guy would of had the sense of mind to actually get help for her sooner. What a world we live in haha
    I'm back MiceChat

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

Re: Woman sits on boyfriends toliet for two years

I saw this!!! How crazy is this! Why did it take 2 years though for him to do something???
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by painted windows View Post
    I just came across this article. Very bizarre

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...oilet0313.html
    Woman sits on boyfriend's toilet for 2 years

Roxana Hegeman
    Associated Press
    Mar. 13, 2008 12:55 AM
    WICHITA, Kan. - Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who stayed in her boyfriend's bathroom for two years, spending most of her time on the toilet - so that her body was stuck to the seat by the time he called police.

It appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat, said Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple. The woman initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

The county attorney will determine if charges should be filed against the boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said.

The boyfriend, Kory McFarren, agreed to be interviewed Wednesday by the Associated Press. He identified his girlfriend as Pam Babcock.

McFarren, 36, told investigators he took Babcock food and water and asked her every day to leave the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, 'Maybe tomorrow,' " Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

McFarren told the AP that he wasn't to blame and that it was solely Babcock's choice to remain in the bathroom.

"She is an adult. She made her own decision. It was my fault; I should have gotten help for her sooner; I admit that," McFarren said.

Although authorities said they think Babcock was in the bathroom for two years, McFarren said he wasn't certain how long she stayed there. He said she had a phobia about leaving the room because of childhood beatings.

"It just kind of happened one day. She went in and had been in there a little while, the next time it was a little longer. Then she got it in her head she was going to stay - like it was a safe place for her," McFarren said.

But McFarren said Babcock moved around in the bathroom during that time, bathed and changed into the clothes he brought her.

He said they conversed and had an otherwise normal relationship - except that it all happened in the bathroom.

McFarren, who works at an antique store, said he has taken care of Babcock for the 16 years they have lived together.

You think the guy would of had the sense of mind to actually get help for her sooner. What a world we live in haha
    You don't take care of person by leaving them on the toilet. Oy!

Charges need to go against this guy.

This is very bizarre.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If only this story happened when I was married -- my ex used to get so mad when I would spend an eternity in there. Hey -- what can I say? It's the only place I could get away to that I could think! Lol

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    Charges need to go against this guy.
    From what I've read, I don't think so. It doesn't sound like he forced her to stay there or imprisoned her in any way.

Of course, you'd think after . . . maybe . . . the first month he might've done something.

Bizarre doesn't even begin to describe it.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    If only this story happened when I was married -- my ex used to get so mad when I would spend an eternity in there. Hey -- what can I say? It's the only place I could get away to that I could think! Lol
    You must be a genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Duck44 View Post
    You must be a genius.
    Now that I'm on my own I am!

• Circle of Ancients

So my take on this story is if you want to get rid of your mate, the best thing to do is to sit on the toitey for two years.

• Man O Lantern

Ugh, wow. So she had no friends or family that stepped in either?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Apparantly, they wouldn't leave the house either.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Good point. She spent birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgivings and summer vacation on the toilet and no one stopped by.

Maybe she can get a Guiness record out of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Senior Minion

Forgive me, but the first thing that came to my mind was, "Gee, I usually give up after 10 minutes."

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I'd say fix the 'bum' and then check the woman in for some Psychiatric Evaluations. This is truly bizarre......

• Wonderful World

The woman definetly needs some Psychiatric Evaluations but I think the guy needs it too for leaving her there for so long.
    I'm back MiceChat

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by painted windows View Post
    The woman definetly needs some Psychiatric Evaluations but I think the guy needs it too for leaving her there for so long.
    Good point. I totally forgot about the guy in this story...yeah, he needs help too....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast