View Poll Results: Are ghosts.....

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • real?

75 84.27%
  • a part of an over-active imagination?

9 10.11%
  • an advertising ploy used by employers to attract customers?

0 0%
  • both 2 & 3?

5 5.62%
Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Do you believe in......GHOSTS?

A question that has baffled mankind for ages is, do ghosts really exist?

Well, I am not saying that they do and I am not saying that they do not. I am open minded and realized that there are somethings in the world today that are unexplainable.

But I would like to ask the fellow mice chatters if they have any good ghost stories to tell (I LOVE hearing good ghost stories).

PS: If you have any photos, please do not post them on the thread...Instead just post a link to them if you can.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Do you believe in......GHOSTS?

I totally believe in ghosts. I haven't had any experiences with them, but I am a total believer. Just because we cannot explain something scientifically at this point does not mean it doesn't exist. We just haven't figured it out yet.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• -Going Retro-

I never did believe in ghosts until I moved in with HM! I refuse to tell the story while home alone so maybe he can fill you all in

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I posted this story in another ghost thread here on mice chat and I think it is appropriate to re-post here too....

A few years ago, when I was in 10th grade, I went to a portion of catalina island called Toyon Bay that most people have never heard of with classmates for a weekend field trip. The place that we stayed at on the island use to be a school for children but it is not used for that anymore. Now it is used to study aquatic life. Anyway, one of the building was permanently closed because of to many haunting occurances that scared people, specifically a night janitor who saw faces of children looking at him in the mirror. Then there is a story about a girl who got lost in the woods and you can still hear her crying for help. Then if you leave a basketball out on the basketball court at night, you may see it bounce by itself as if the former basketball team has come back from beyond to play another game. Then people have reported hearing an old woman talking to them over the phone when they were trying to talk to loved ones on the other line.

These two stories I believe are true....One night when we were sitting at a bonfire, a girl that I knew had to got to the bathroom. The camp guide counselor told her to take a flashlight and a friend so she does not get spooked if she see's any ghosts. the two girls left and 15 minutes later we hear them screaming and running back to us. The girl who had to go to the bathroom was shook up because apparently something black rushed infront of her face when she was using the bathroom. That freaked me out.

One more story that I believe is true was actually featured on Ripleys Believe it or not. In an area that I walked around quite often during my stay, the ghost of a red headed girl has been known to ask people to play with her, but when they approacher her she disappears.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Is it hypocritical to believe in ghosts while not believing in a 'god'?

I believe there is something persistant in the human 'spirit', however, I don't really believe there is a 'god'....

Heck, I dunno. Guess I'll find out when it's my time!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I also love to watch the travel channel ghost story shows. Heck Travel Channel ranked a place that is 40 minutes away from me as #9 of the top ten creepiest places (or spookiest places, I forget which) in America! The place is called the Jailers INN in Bardstown, KY. Next time you see either one of those two shows set to come on the travel channel, please do watch it to see the Jailers INN. I have seen it in person and the building and hanging ground is so small, it is creepy. All in all it is about the size of a normal house with a normal sized backyard (the hanging yard).

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Well I live in San Diego and a popular ghost haunting is located at the Whaley House...The house itself is full of stories as it was the main house in what was then San Diego...An apparent suicide, infant death, murder and hangings took place at this house (the downstairs of the house served as the SD courthouse during that time) It is registered as one of the most active haunted houses in the united states...I too did not take it seriously...hearing all the stories about it and about the most recent live-in caretaker dying in that house...until I myself went to visit the house...Let me tell you, just walking through the front door itself you can feel all the negative energy in the house, and you have the feeling that there is someone following you around the house breathing down your neck. Cases have been documented where people have taken pictures in the house and have seen ghostly figures present...very creepy...I have since never stepped into that house...it was that bad...here is a link to the webpage...

and here is another link to see what it looks like inside the house:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I have sooo heard of the Whaley house on the Travel Channel and I agree, if the US has registered it as one of the top haunted houses in America, you have got to believe that there is a reason why.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

One time, my friend woke up and saw red eyes looking at him. Now that's creepy.

• off in lala land

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    I never did believe in ghosts until I moved in with HM! I refuse to tell the story while home alone so maybe he can fill you all in
    My mother's house was always a little freaky... she moved in there in 1974, it was the smallest house, on the smallest house on 13th street and is over 100 years old and imbedded in the concrete entrance was an imprint of scissors, supposedly to warn off evil spirits. The date was something like 1874 or something...there was also these unexplained door slams when no gust of wind was present, or a window that would slam closed (we had those counter-weight windows).

The first ghost story in the house I recall is the one my mother would tell. Every Monday morning after my father left for work my mom would feel a depression on the edge of her bed at 7am. This happened week after week. She called my grandfather over, told her what was happening. He climbed under the house, and oddly found a nail that wasn't full hammered into place when the house was built. The location of this nail... directly under my mom's bed. The theroy was the spirit that came to my mom's house to finish some unfinished business.

The second story didn't come about until several years later after we remodeled the house, what used to be mine and my sister's bedroom was made into a den with a long hallway that lead into the addition of the house. My sister and I always felt this chill walking down the hallway... there was this enexplained presence that seemed to hover on your shoulders as you walked through the hall way. When you stood in the kitchen, you would see shadows walking by, when you turned to look, there was nothing there. Disguy got scared when he felt a tug on the back of shirt as he was walking through the hallway.

Before Disguy was around and after the remodel, we had taken down a wall near the hallway and had found half of a prayer card that was shoved in between the wall structure in the house the separated the dinning room and hallway... we took it to the priest down the street and he said it was only half of the card (DUH) and used to help protect the house from evil spirits. 5 years later when the kitchen was remodeled, the other half of this card was found buried in the wall behind the sink in the kitchen.
    ...it's been a long time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I have to admit, I give everyone credit who purchases an old house that people have lived in. I would never do that though because it would make me feel uncomfortable not knowing what was there before me. Heck, I won't even go into a house someone has died in, won't sleep in a bed someone has died in, and won't sleep in a room someone has died in. When ever I enter those areas, like when I visited the Jailers Inn, my spine just tenses up.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I've lived in two houses that I firmly believe were haunted, one in Minnesota and one in Arizona. The one in AZ, more than a few times I would be sitting at my computer, which faced the wall with the door to my right, and in the corner of my eye I would see someone walk in, I would turn around to see which of my roommates it was and there'd be no one there. One time our neighbor, who was potentially just a little crazy, told us that one of the groups that had rented the house previously were "lesbian witches" and that some weird things went on when they had rented the house, part of me recalls that someone died there, but that may have just been subconsciously added by me later on.

I fully believe that there are ghosts, spirits, whatever you may want to refer to them as. Like Sunnygirl said, just because we don't understand things, doesn't mean they don't exist. I also think it's foolish to think that there isn't intelligent life anywhere else in existence. ok, now that everyone thinks I'm crazy, I'll stop now

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

I think I can top that by stating that one night I woke up in bed and noticed that the sheer curtains next to my bed were moving...my window was not open and the a/c vent was completely closed...when I tried to get up from bed to see what was going on, my entire body felt paralyzed, almost as if someone had their hands pressed on my chest not allowing me to breathe, much less get up...horrified...I tried to move even more until I felt a rather bad omipresence in my room and all of a sudden I felt a cold breathing sensation going down my neck...I screamed out "Lord! Please help me!!" and the sensation disappeared...I was lying on my bed praying...It still creeps me out writting this...
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh, heres another story. When I was hanging out with a few friends at church (only a few other people were there at the time with us) Me and my friend got back handed by something on the back of our neck. I promise to you when I got back handed, I felt what seemed to be an old womans hand hitting me and there was no one around when this happened.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I love the show Ghost Hunters though on Sci-Fi. Tonight they have two new episodes on.

Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast