• /sigh

School crushes and love notes

I was just reminded of my elementary school days of sending your secret crush love notes.

I remember I had a crush on this boy all through out my elementary years...all the way up through Jr.High. So, one day I made an anonomous love note that contained a red heart, cut zig zag down the middle, and wrote something like, "put my heart together", and slipped it in his locker. He actually taped it together and tried to find out who gave it to him. But, silly me...too shy, I never said anything until YEARS later when It was too late...for him

What memories do you have of sending or recieving these XOXO notes?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Man O Lantern

Re: School crushes and love notes

I had a huuuuuuuge crush on a boy named Matt C in 2nd and 3rd grade. I adored him, laughed at all his jokes, chased him at recess, tried to sit nearish to him on the bus. My best friend Laura (still one of my best friends!) had the same type of crush on him. We followed him everywhere.

He had missing teeth (in a cool 7 year old way, not a creepy backwoods way) and a Joey Lawrence bowl hair cut. Keep in mind this was like 1980-81. He was soooo cool.

For Valentine's Day, I made him a special card. So did Laura. He gave us Ziggy cards. Mine said, "You're on top of the world, Valentine." And dammit, I was. I was so stoked, I thought he loves me too!!! And I went over to gloat to poor Laura who'd surely not gotten as cool a card as me!!

She had the same one. We were crushed.

We're still crushed. We talk about it all the time.

• Happy Memories

Embarrasing moment alert!

You know those notes you write a crush that asks them to "check yes or no" or something similar to that if they like you too. Imagine that note winding up in the hands of your 4th grade teacher who decides to answer the question for you in front of the whole class.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    Embarrasing moment alert!

You know those notes you write a crush that asks them to "check yes or no" or something similar to that if they like you too. Imagine that note winding up in the hands of your 4th grade teacher who decides to answer the question for you in front of the whole class.
    thats horrible!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• I'm a Muscle Fan!

I've had some bad experiences with crushes, and I'm only 14. Mostly because of my extreme awkwardness and my utter say-the-wrong-thing-under-pressure-because-I'm-trying-to-stay-cool-though-I'm-dying-a-horrible-fiery-death-on-the-inside-ness. ness.

• CM for 4 years!

My first big crush was in seventh grade. The day I had written him a long note asking him out was the morning I found out that he had died just the night before.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    My first big crush was in seventh grade. The day I had written him a long note asking him out was the morning I found out that he had died just the night before.
    Oh ... that's harsh .... ... And welcome to the Loser club (1000 posts)
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Oh my goodness! That's terrible!
    A signature should go here.

• Minion

when i was in second grade, i had two little boys who were vying for my attention. one of the boys, stephen thought that chasing me and trowing candy at my head was a pretty good way of doing it. i was thrilled! i got all sorts of good stuff. brian the second boy decided to one up him, and raided his wealthy mother's jewelry box, and threw even better stuff at my head. i collected a diamond drape necklace, a 3 carat diamond ring, emeralds, rubies and the largest cabochon sapphire earrings ever. EV-ER.stephen, the first boy, would not be outdone, so he went through his mom's stuff too. my mom was cleaning my room when i was at school and was shocked to death when she opened my little dancing ballerina jewerly box. when i got home, she was freaking out, thinking i had stolen them from friends houses.
    when i explained to her that the boys had given them to me as gifts, she started to laugh maniacally. she grabbed the box and called my teacher, who supplied her with the kids home numbers. about 30 seconds later, we ha a couple of very relived and angry moms over with 2 very chastised boys. i was no longer allowed to accept gifts from boys. i just think mom was jealous.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by piratebooty
    when i was in second grade, i had two little boys who were vying for my attention. one of the boys, stephen thought that chasing me and trowing candy at my head was a pretty good way of doing it. i was thrilled! i got all sorts of good stuff. brian the second boy decided to one up him, and raided his wealthy mother's jewelry box, and threw even better stuff at my head. i collected a diamond drape necklace, a 3 carat diamond ring, emeralds, rubies and the largest cabochon sapphire earrings ever. EV-ER.stephen, the first boy, would not be outdone, so he went through his mom's stuff too. my mom was cleaning my room when i was at school and was shocked to death when she opened my little dancing ballerina jewerly box. when i got home, she was freaking out, thinking i had stolen them from friends houses.
    when i explained to her that the boys had given them to me as gifts, she started to laugh maniacally. she grabbed the box and called my teacher, who supplied her with the kids home numbers. about 30 seconds later, we ha a couple of very relived and angry moms over with 2 very chastised boys. i was no longer allowed to accept gifts from boys. i just think mom was jealous.
    Ahaha that's great!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...