Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Fresh & Easy - A New Grocery Store

http://www.freshandeasy.com/home.aspx

Has anyone else heard of Fresh & Easy? I first heard about it from someone at Trader Joe's. A friend told me she had good luck there with fresh food & good prices. With that, I had to check it out for myself.

The store is very clean, both in style and, well ,cleanliness. There was a good variety of fresh food. The prices were about what I normally pay at Trader Joe's. Although, the biggest difference with Trader Joe's is that TJs is a 45 minute round trip.

They have products that carry the Fresh & Easy label as well as name brands. There is quite a bit of fresh made products, ready to go meals, a good selection of bread and other staples.

Has anyone else shopped here?

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: Fresh & Easy - A New Grocery Store

They have one in Vegas my sister in law shops at, and I know they opened one in Simi Valley but I havent had a chance to check it out yet. According to my brother its better than trader joes, I am hoping we get one in Santa Clarita sometime, especially since I hate the parking at our TJs

A little piece of heaven

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I did once.... And never again, things are pretty much prepackaged, especially in the produce section, and for me, Fresh and Easy is much father away than Trader Joe's, or my local "produce" store ("R" Ranch Markets, who main clientele is Hispanic, or Freshia Markets, who look at the Asian clientele as their main market (love the live fish in the tanks). I can get the amount I need, fresh and better than the "regular" supermarkets (I tend to shop primary at Stater Bros for the "main" goods, great sale prices, a "true" main Meat section with multiple butchers (most meat is packaged while you wait, instead of the "shrink wrap"), and a great hot food section that makes great Fried Chicken.

Tesco, the British owners of "Fresh and Easy" have had very low volume in the US, and is in some serious problems...

http://freshneasybuzz.blogspot.com/2008/03/fresh.html

Sorry, for me, Trader Joe's, or Henry's, if not the other markets mentioned above.

Fresh and Easy just doesn't work for me.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Sorry you had such a miserable experience with the store.

What I like is that it is a new choice amongst big chain stores that continually disappoint me. The Stater Brothers closest to me doesn't have a bakery section. The Ralphs closest to us is good for some stuff, but after buying bad food there for the past few years, I am ready to stop shopping there. The Albertsons close to me is a bit sketchy.

If I had a Trader Joe's that was closer to me, I would shop there every day. Since I don't I have to do the best I can without going broke, especially with how expensive gas is these days.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

A Fresh and Easy opened about a mile from us six weeks ago. We are loving it and go there probably 2 to 3 times a week. I am not a big fan of their frozen pre-packaged meals but most of their stuff is organic and very affordable. I love the different artisan breads and desserts. They have a little fruit and cheese tray that is perfect for a light lunch.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Fresh and Easy is honestly one of the best concepts I have ever run into. Think Trader Joes with the ability to buy a limited selection of your daily needs as well.

Their prepackaged foods are great portions, extremely well made and stupid low prices for what you get compared to TJ's. (Carne Asada burrito that is twice the size of a TJ's for $3)

They have a good selection of the gourmet items, tons of house branded staples and a lot of interesting items as well.

Want live oysters? They have 'em.

Want bananas foster gelato? They have it (and fantasic at that!)

I can honestly recommend this store for any single or couple out there as a great option to Trader Joes.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Damn Good Burger!

I shop there but only when I receive their $5 coupons. To be honest, I don't really care for them. I have a Henry's and Windmill Farms that I prefer to shop at.

• Yeah...I'm cool

I honestly think their prices are outrages compared to Trader Joes. The one that opened by us a few weeks ago was about 1/3 higher than what we would have paid at Trader Joes, but we only went because of the coupon.
    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Fresh and Easy is not doing well in the U.S. They've stopped all further growth plans here. I just read that they made a statement of denial (Everything is fine, cheerio!), but since this is my husband's industry, we get all of the trade magazines. He was not impressed with the store in Orange, but I just discovered one closer to my work, so I'll go check out that store soon.

We have a new store by us called Sprouts that I love right now. They are still small and don't have very many stores yet.
    A signature should go here.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I prefer Henry's too for produce. Haven't seen a fresh & easy around here.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

I live near a Henry's, which I love, but I do like some of the things they have Fresh and Easy. There is a F&E near my parent's so if I'm visiting them I'll stop on my way home.

If I'm just picking up stuff for lunches, dinners, etc. I really like it. I love their English muffins and they have a premade egg salad that is really good. Since I'm not a fantatsic cook, I really like the selection of premade stuff I can just pop into the oven.

Not crazy about the produce. Henry's does have them beat on that.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Missing an Angel

We just had one open about a mile from our house and have been there a few times actually. Found fresh pizza dough, wheat at that. For 99 cents. We like going there for their nuts and sunflour seeds in the package. 39 cents for a bag of sunflour seeds without the shell is a pretty good deal.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Pre-packaged, small portioned, ready to go food is their niche, so you guys are right on with that. It's more about, "I need something for lunch....and I'll grab some milk and bread since I'm already here" than it is about full-on shopping.
    A signature should go here.

• decorating

My buddy swears bu them- I was waiting for one to open in Yucaipa, but if it isn't going well *sigh*
    I shop at Staters, but we do have a Trader Joe's here I go to occasionally for some Orangina and other tidbits. No way could I shop there exclusively.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

We had two Fresh N Easys open near us. They are OK. I think their look is very sterile. I am not into the small quick and easy stuff. I prefer Trader Joes for appearance, price and friendliness. Some people I know love Fresh N Easy and shop there all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast