Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Earth Day 4/22/08

Today is earth day and it's all about recycling and planting new trees.

Do you do your share to help our environment?

I save aluminum cans and recycle all my paper, can, and glass products.

This is a cute pencil holder.

• decorating

Re: Earth Day 4/22/08

my husband and I share a car. Not by choice, but then we usually go together and get multiple errands doneat a time.
    I use the city recycling program for cardboard, cans, etc.
    Im slowly saving plastic bags to make a rug for my bro's kitchen (crochet strips of plastic bag together.)

• Minion

I recycle and I try to plan all my driving around running errands in an efficient way, rather than driving around willy nilly, plus I drive a small car. I also conserve water by not washing it! lol jk (sorta)
    I want my cake back!

• Hiding in the shadows

Thanks for the reminder, its my sisters birthday!!!!

I recently started a new can just for recycling soda cans and bottles to take in to be recycled. I also make sure all my paper goes into the recycle bin that the trach people pick up.

A little piece of heaven

• Knight that says Nee!!

It's my wife's birthday!!!

We observe earth day "every day" in our house.

• Man O Lantern

Our middle daughter (will be ten tomorrow!) is so on us about recycling that we're scared not to do it. We recycle every piece of paper and cardboard (even toilet paper rolls), glass, plastic, etc. We don't even buy plastic containers unless they have the little triangle thing on them.

I used to re-use our paper Trader Joe's bags for shopping, but about a year ago we switched to the plastic sacks they sell for $1.49 (and IKEA's are really cute--we have three of theirs) and I just keep them in my car. I don't think I've needed a shopping bag in months and months. We're very consistent. Cuts down on clutter at home, too.

I won a $25 Trader Joe's gift card a few months ago, so now I'm even more motivated to bring in my bags.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    I recycle and I try to plan all my driving around running errands in an efficient way, rather than driving around willy nilly, plus I drive a small car. I also conserve water by not washing it! lol jk (sorta)
    LOL! I go to a local car wash that recycles their water.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Our middle daughter (will be ten tomorrow!) is so on us about recycling that we're scared not to do it. We recycle every piece of paper and cardboard (even toilet paper rolls), glass, plastic, etc. We don't even buy plastic containers unless they have the little triangle thing on them.

I used to re-use our paper Trader Joe's bags for shopping, but about a year ago we switched to the plastic sacks they sell for $1.49 (and IKEA's are really cute--we have three of theirs) and I just keep them in my car. I don't think I've needed a shopping bag in months and months. We're very consistent. Cuts down on clutter at home, too.

I won a $25 Trader Joe's gift card a few months ago, so now I'm even more motivated to bring in my bags.
    Kudos to you and your dd. I must check out IKEA's cute bags and congrats on the gift card.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    Thanks for the reminder, its my sisters birthday!!!!

I recently started a new can just for recycling soda cans and bottles to take in to be recycled. I also make sure all my paper goes into the recycle bin that the trach people pick up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    It's my wife's birthday!!!

We observe earth day "every day" in our house.

Happy Birthday to all!

• Man O Lantern

Also, we have the 5 cent deposit on bottles and cans here in Oregon, but I leave mine out in my recycling for this lady who comes to pick them up. And my husband home brews, so we reuse beer bottles dozens of times.

Here's what some of the IKEA bags look like:
    http://imagebank.ipcmedia.com/imageB...he/d/DIMPA.jpg

We use them for sports, swimming, etc. too.

I think it's the simplest and best thing we all can do.

I conserve my gas. I'm such a grinch when it comes to wasting it. I wait to run all my errands together and plot and plan my routes. If I fill more than once every two weeks (and now I'm doing a half tank every two weeks), then I'm doing something wrong.

I'm not crunchy granola-ish, but every year I get a little wiser and a little more in tune with simplifying and recycling.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

We recycle. Both cars are good gas milage cars (an all wheel drive car that gets like 28mpg and my Elantra gets 32ish) and we plan our car trips so that way we aren't driving up and down and all around the mountain.Short showers or baths, turn off lights, no heater at night (just blankets), plants that are tolerant to our area and don't need to be watered a ton, the shopping bag things. We try to be good, because it's bad form to live up here and not be, but I just have to remind my mom every so often.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i love Earth Day! But it needs some more help here in L.A I went to a festival last weekend, and it wasnt that big, like the ones in San Francisco.
    I do my part in recycling. water bottles, which i should stop all together. paper. cardboard. I use green household products now. I use reuseable bags for shopping at the market. And I have to say. I went to Lush last week or two, and they gave me a free reusuable bag. ANd its not a cheesey one either, nice and thick, i love my new bag.
    Happy Earth Day!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Also, we have the 5 cent deposit on bottles and cans here in Oregon, but I leave mine out in my recycling for this lady who comes to pick them up. And my husband home brews, so we reuse beer bottles dozens of times.

Here's what some of the IKEA bags look like:
    http://imagebank.ipcmedia.com/imageB...he/d/DIMPA.jpg

We use them for sports, swimming, etc. too.

I think it's the simplest and best thing we all can do.

I conserve my gas. I'm such a grinch when it comes to wasting it. I wait to run all my errands together and plot and plan my routes. If I fill more than once every two weeks (and now I'm doing a half tank every two weeks), then I'm doing something wrong.

I'm not crunchy granola-ish, but every year I get a little wiser and a little more in tune with simplifying and recycling.
    Those are cute bags. Thanks for the link.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by ksejr1 View Post
    i love Earth Day! But it needs some more help here in L.A I went to a festival last weekend, and it wasnt that big, like the ones in San Francisco.
    I do my part in recycling. water bottles, which i should stop all together. paper. cardboard. I use green household products now. I use reuseable bags for shopping at the market. And I have to say. I went to Lush last week or two, and they gave me a free reusuable bag. ANd its not a cheesey one either, nice and thick, i love my new bag.
    Happy Earth Day!
    I love your siggie too Vicki. I just noticed Macy's is doing their share today too on selling bags.

• Hiding in the shadows

I really need to get the grocery bags, I go to the store too often to not use the reusable ones, but I woudl need like 15 of them!

A little piece of heaven

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

At Staters Molly they're 99cents per bag. Think about it this way, you could get 3 one trip, 3 another... It adds up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast