•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Calendars - Who's on yours?

Do you buy special calendars to hang on your wall, or set on your desk at Christmastime, or in January like I do? I always like to get one of those, that you tear off everday. I usually buy a few special wall calendars and at least one of the day by day calendars. My wall calendar in the kitchen is a Disney one. The bedroom/TV room, where I mostly hang out has a Harry Potter calendar and a Peanuts Desk calendar. I have a few of those calendars that the banks give away also. There is also a Dragon calendar in the living room.

So who's on your calendar? - or would you rather not say

• far, far away from DL

Re: Calendars - Who's on yours?

We have Star Wars. Han Solo was hot back then. We used to have one that you tear off everyday but my daughter tore them all off at one time. They had little sayings on them.

Sabrina

• Happy Memories

I keep one on the wall in the kitchen (above the phone where we keep track of messages and such). It's different every year, but almost always some sort of black & white photography so that it matches the look of the house. I also have one on the wall in my office at work. I have more fun here, this year it's classic Muppet Show. Last year I had one of those daily tear away ones on my desk with Simpsons trivia, but I found that a) I didn't always keep up with the daily tear offs and b) I prefer to look and see the whole month before me (easier to plan things that way).

I don't ever set out with a specific idea of what I want. I usually go in january to one of those temporary calendar stores they set up in malls. Come mid January they are just trying to clear out whatever is left so the store can close. I can usually get 3-4 calendars for the same cost as the original full price of just one.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

The wall calendars in my bedroom - I have three. One's Care Bears, one has drawings of Chinese childern - I THINK weach one corresponnds with each month... I got that for free from an event. I also have a calendar up from last year (oe 2 years ago?) - Dale from the MMC was one of the men of the month so I have that turned to him I got that in the goodie basket from his company's holiday party

We have one in the living room, too. it's one of those desk calendars that my mom gave me for Christmas that doesn't fit anywhere.

And at work have a day by day one that's teaching me French. It was a joke from a co-worker. So, "Elle est d'origine modeste" to you all!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I have the Annual Passholder calendar in my room, a Disney Animated Movie calendar on my desk, and a cat calendar on my wall.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Know More Than You Should

I have a Shag calendar on my wall and a Disney animated movie calander on my desk.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I have my Disney page a day calendar on my nightstand in the bedroom, and at work I have a page a day, worst case scenario survival calendar for work. However, that one is currently in my closet since I am a teacher and have the summers off. I guess I should change it in the near future. Oh well.

I always like the page a day ones more becuase I get more pictures, sayings, etc.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• /sigh

I have a daily Leonardo Da Vinci calendar. Tons of sketches and portraits. Though many are nudes, so I made a little fig leaf sticker to place appropriately for work.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Man O Lantern

I have a Dave Barry daily calendar.....apparently I haven't looked at it in ages...just opened it and got my new sig line.

Thanks!

Ooooh, I want a Shag calendar!! How cool!!

Upstairs we have a Disneyland calendar.

• New Waver

I have one with pictures of Shetland Sheepdogs (shelties) on it in the kitchen.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Here in the computer room I have a Spike (from Buffy/Angel) calendar. In the dining room I have a Paris themed one (because my living room & dining room are decorated with pics of the Eiffel Tower & Moulin Rouge).

Next year I really want to find an Ewan McGregor calendar. Heh!

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Smile Re: Calendars - Who's on yours?

I always enjoy looking for the right calendars for the house. Here is what we have:

Kitchen: Cat Tales By Charles Wysocki

Office: Cats By Gary Patterson

My Room: Winnie the Pooh

Grandma's Room: FDNY Firefighters, she ussally has Chippendales but these guys were HOTTER so they stayed in her room. The Chippendales ended up in the garage on the freezer, not a bad view when parking.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Again! Again! Again!

In my room-Orca calendar.
    Travel calendar-LOTR-ROTK
    In office-2004 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Official Calendar.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Cats...of course!!!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• See what I got?

I have this calendar called "More Time Moms"- it comes with cute stickers and has huge squares for writing in. I love it. I also have a Creative Memories calendar next to it, just cause I like it. My son has a Thomas the Tank Engine calendar in his room. He's obsessed I tell ya.