Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Running out of fuel

Have you ever ran out of gas? How did you get to the point where you forgot to fill-up? (outside of your fuel gauge not working).

Reason I bring this up is because one of my coworkers runs out of gas A LOT! More than anyone I have ever known.

Just today she said she ran out this weekend. "I knew I needed gas on Friday, but once I left the office I totally forgot and then had to pick up this kid and that kid and BAM there I was sputtering down the street". She lets this happen to herself so many times I can't even begin to count.

That just boggles my mind. That's the ONE thing I have never done, mostly because it's such a dumb thing to let your car do! Monitor the fuel gauge and buy accordingly. Plus whenever I see people off to the side, I just laugh because it's such a silly thing to let happen to yourself. And SO bad for your car too.

But then again, I'm anal about things like that. I usually fill up at 1/4 of a tank, sometimes just below half!

So, share your stories, if you dare

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Running out of fuel

i'm sorta terrified of running out of gas, especially since we live outside of town and its fairly desolate along the roads to our house. i very rarely let my tank get below 1/4 full
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've come close but it's never happened to me. I usually fill up when it gets just below a half tank.

•   
    • Senior Minion

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I don't ever let my tank get below 1/4 full either. I'm petrified of running out of gas. Don't know why, just don't like the idea of being stranded until help arrives. The thing is that you're going to have to get gas anyway so why not just do it before you run out?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Crud that reminds me I need gas! I think I have 150 miles until I run out.

I've been on the edge quite a few times. You know when payday is Friday and I have a gallon to get me through a week. Luckily during those times my work and house were 4 miles apart or something.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I have never run out of gas and I, too, am one of the anal people who need to fill up when I get to a 1/4 of a tank. My hubby will let it get down to fumes, but even he has never run out completely.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm a freak about keping the tank full. I ran out of gas once in 20 years, Fortunately I coasted into a gas station.

• Circle of Ancients

I've also never run out. I find it a pretty dumb thing to let happen. Most cars have lights that shine in your face when you get below 2 gallons.

• Do You know?

I did run out of gas once and I still cannot believe I let that happen. I forgot my debit card at home and I had no cash on me so when I got to the gas station in the morning I obviously could not pay for any gas. If I went back home I would have been late to work. I made it to work and should have asked a co-worker to borrow $5, but I was embarased, so I just drove home wishing I would make it, well I did not.

Because there was so much debris in my tank (it was a crappy car) it ended up messing up the fuel filter and some other part I cannot remember. $350 later in car repair bills taught me the lesson to suck it up and ask for help if I need to borrow $5 it is not the end of the world.

• Senior Minion

I've never run out, but I have come very close. I was pretty much running on fumes to get home. I had a record fill-up when I finally got to a gas station. Once I get to the middle of the red zone, then I try to get gas.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Nope. Never. I hate it when it gets below a 1/4 of a tank.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

I have, but that was when I had my 1988 Daytona...gas gauge was messed up. I watch the DTE digital display and the gas gauge to see when I need it now. Usually I try to put some in at 20 miles DTE.
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'm a freak about keping the tank full. I ran out of gas once in 20 years, Fortunately I coasted into a gas station.
    Ha! That's funny. The same exact thing happened to me. I was exiting the 5 south at El Toro Rd. There is a light at the end of the offramp. I was making a left hand turn. After a second my car just died. There was no opposing traffic to worry about and I coasted into the gas station which was right there and stopped perfectly next to the pump.

This is the one and only time for me in my 23 years of driving and undoubtedly will be my last.

• no flash photography...

I've never run out of gas.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I've never run out, but I have waited until the "warning" light as come on more than once.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast