Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Are there any Animators or imagineers out there?

Hi there, I am very inetersted in pursuing many different things in the entertainment industry and wanted to know if anyone can offer me any suggestions as to how I can do them or what I should do.

I am very interested in drawing, I love drawing cartoon characters but really want to learn how to draw the human figure correctly. I use Flash Animation on my home computer too. I was thinking about pursuing my dream of opening up my own animation studios some day, but like I said it's a dream. I do not exactly want to be an animator because I do not want to have to draw characters over and over doing slight movements if you know what I mean. Iwould more likely want to be a storyboard artist since I LOVE to write and draw. I would also LOVE to possibly write stories for films too. I am already in college. I am planning on majoring in animation and getting a degree in writing. I would also LOVE to open up at least one art suplly store that would be like the Barnes & Nobles or Wal-Mart of art stores in my area. But that to is a dream. Does anyone have any suggestions that I can use or possibly have anyone they know that I can get in contact with to help me out?

• ROFLCOPTER

Re: Are there any Animators or imagineers out there?

Wow, secound that for me.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh and I do like writing stories for my own rides and use Roller Coaster Tycoon to build my dream parks. I bet people would probably laugh at that but I really believe I have learned a few things from the game about the amusement park industry and it game me a big interest in it.

In fact, most of the things I animate on my Flash program are my own rides.

• ROFLCOPTER

I want to be the Imagineer that creates Ideas for rides, I have a ton! A story board artist would be fun to.. I cant make some prety cool flash animations...
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

So far my animations have been my own version of the Haunted Mansion, POTC, & the Country Bears. But hey that's a good start given the fact that I do not have any access to any recording studios to create sounds for my own ride animations. I have actually done two of my own ride animations now that I think about it, but I never finished them because the computer kept screwing up.

• ROFLCOPTER

Ive never tryed a Flash Ride, good idea...
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

My Haunted Mansion took me a month to do. My first Country Bears cartoon took me about a month or two. But I have to tell ya, on the Country Bears I really believe I advanced my artistic skills when it came down to detailing the characters. I use to have a hard time putting in the smallest details, but when I did that cartoon, I completely impressed myself with all of the details that I put into the characters.

• ROFLCOPTER

Could you post it?
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Goofy
    Could you post it?

I am not sure. I will try to do something But the Country bears is on my other computer (I have two computers) and My Mansion one is only on CD. But I will see what I can do.

If I can't send you anything of my rides, I will try to send you something I did on Flash.
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 08-16-2005 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Misspelling

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Hey hidden Goofy, Do you have Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2, or 3? If you don't you should get the second one with all of its expansion packs because that may be something that you would like given the fact that you want to be an imagineer. That game lets you design your own park and rides. Plus you get to decorate them with all sorts of scenery and characters "entertainers" that roam the park. It's really fun.

Okay back to the original topic.

• ROFLCOPTER

I have 2 and 3. I lost 3, and i bought the "golden" version of 2. I tryed making a DL, and it was very hard.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I remember a few years ago, I went to an open house at the art institute in Los Angeles and met an animator named Rolando Mercado. He worked on Osmosis Jones, The Red Sea parting scene in the Prince of Egypt, a few scenes from the Great Mouse Detective, etc. He viewed my work and loved it. I hope there will be other animators or imagineers who can help me and possibly a few others fulfill our dreams on this thread.

• ROFLCOPTER

What was your work? I took a online class about Imaganeering taught by a lead Imaganeer for EPCOT, and he liked my ideas. That was a fun class.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Rolando is a great guy. has anyone else met him or heard of him?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Goofy
    What was your work? I took a online class about Imaganeering taught by a lead Imaganeer for EPCOT, and he liked my ideas. That was a fun class.
    At the time, I showed him some of my hand drawn comics, maps of my future amusement parks (This was way before I had Roller Coaster Tycoon so I had to design my parks on the ole Microsoft paint program), and I think I might have had and ink painting of a woman that I did, a drawing of Bowser on his Go-kart, and some other old drawings that I can't remember.

When I was in 12 grade though. I actually built a model of what my own Muppet Vision 3D building would look like and it is big. The building looks like an unravelled film strip with muppet images on it and the main entrance (there are two entrances) has a revolving door. Then to the side is a little fountain that has Kermit & Piggy in a boat and if it was real, you would be able to hear the rainbow connection song playing in the background. That was fun to do and it took a lot of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast