Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Question Help! My piercing is still red :(

I got my belly pierced last week and the guy said it would take about 10 days for it to stop hurting....It's pretty much stopped now (my body usually heals really well) and the discharge has started. I know that discharge is normal, and that irritation isn't completely out of the question as it's an open wound with a piece of metal through it, but it's REALLY red. Around the top it's a dark pink and painful if I move certain ways, and my mom (who has her belly pierced, too) said that it doesn't look normal. My question is this...anyone out there who have their bellies pierced think this isn't normal? I'm sure it is, I mean it's only been a week and I'm cleaning it regularly the way I was told to, but my mom is freaking me out. Help!
    dreams. come. true.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Re: Help! My piercing is still red :(

A belly button piercing takes about 6 months to heal and not look like a festering sore. I think they forgot to tell you that part.

It's normal
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Yeah the guy basically told me nothing as I came off as knowing what the crunk I was doing with it, I guess. I dunno, it's not like I have anything pierced that he couldn't see. Maybe I give off that vibe? That I have piercings in, er, certian places? Lol....Anyway thanks, I'm just seeking jusification that I didn't blow $75 on something I just need to take out.
    dreams. come. true.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Ouch! I have had my ears pierced many times, but the last few times I let them close up because I couldn't figure out how not to have an infection.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I wish I hadn't read about discharge

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Random disgusting fact: pus is just dead white blood cells. Yep. And that clear stuff that comes out of blisters sometimes? It's called plasma and it's blood without any red blood cells in it.
    Yeah, I didn't know that until Hilsbro told me.
    While it's gross to hear at first it makes it less gross to think about....It's just different forms of blood.
    ...wait.....anyway.....
    dreams. come. true.

• Can't get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    Random disgusting fact: pus is just dead white blood cells. Yep. And that clear stuff that comes out of blisters sometimes? It's called plasma and it's blood without any red blood cells in it.
    Yeah, I didn't know that until Hilsbro told me.
    While it's gross to hear at first it makes it less gross to think about....It's just different forms of blood.
    ...wait.....anyway.....
    wow, you learn something new everyday!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

That plasma can be extracted and sold too!

Good luck with that festering wound in your abdomen.

And your mom has one too?

Rawr!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Sock Puppet

Are you still soaking it? If not, you should really start doing that for a little while longer.

If you're not sure on how to soak it: Get some sea salt from Trader Joe's or your local grocery store. put a tea spoon of sea salt into some warm water in a small cup. Lean over the cup and put it up to your piercing. Then, stand straight up and let it soak (you can also sit down and let it soak, as well). Do this for about 15 minutes, twice a day until the redness starts to dissipate.

If you're still having problems, get some Vitamin E gel capsules from any grocery store, pop one open, and use a Q-tip to apply a little bit of the Vitamin E gel onto the affected area. Continue this for about a week.

If it's still red after all this, see a doctor.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I'm using H2Ocean about three or four times a day, which isn't the same as soaking it but I am doing that regularly. I will sometimes opt for an antiseptic, like Band-Aid brand infection fighting foam or one that has lydocaine in it if it's feeling particularly painful. I use one of those about once every two days, to take care of anything bad that might be a-growing.

Yeah, PEZZ, my mom has more piercings than I do. Three on each ear lobe, one cartilage, nose, bellybutton, and one tattoo on her ankle, ough she has been talking about getting another for some time now and she has been thinking about getting a monroe for a while. I thought you met her, lol, she doesn't extacly hide the piercings.
    dreams. come. true.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

My wife's was like that too......and then she changed the jewelry once...and it got really enflamed, so she went back to the original hoop.........but eventually had to remove it all together because of her pregnancy....not sure if she plans on putting it back.

Just make sure you take care of it and even put on some sort of antiseptic or maybe Neosporin...

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Yeah the guy basically told me nothing as I came off as knowing what the crunk I was doing with it, I guess. I dunno, it's not like I have anything pierced that he couldn't see. Maybe I give off that vibe? That I have piercings in, er, certian places? Lol....Anyway thanks, I'm just seeking jusification that I didn't blow $75 on something I just need to take out.
    Irresposible piercer. You should out the shop for not being 100% with you. He also didn't tell you how to take care of it. Soaking with sea salt and water hekps draw out all of the badness.

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Ouch! I have had my ears pierced many times, but the last few times I let them close up because I couldn't figure out how not to have an infection.
    Who did the piercing and what type of jewelry did you have?
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Never ever ever ever ever leave a shop without them explaining to you how to care for your piercings/tattoos. I have a lot of both and even though over 75% of them are in places you can see, I always make sure they tell me how to care for it even though it appears that I should "just know".

And $75 for a belly button piercing? Yikes. Thats kinda steep.

Where do you live? If you live near me, I can refer you to a couple places that are really good and reasonable.

It sounds like your piercing is infected. If I were you, Id go to a respectable shop and ask what you should do.

Your mom isnt trying to freak you out-she's actually pretty spot on.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Yeah - my wife's was like $20...

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Generally they are about $45-$60. Depending where ya go and what jewelry you get. But yeah, $75 just seems pretty high.
    The fact that the price was high AND the piercer didnt explain to you how to care for it, doesnt seem like he was responsible at all.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast