Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• No bacon; sausage.

Fantasy Football anyone?

Pre season's under way, the lockouts are caving fast, and the first oficial kickoff is right around the corner! It's almost time once again to pick your team and root for the most bizarre circumstances imaginable ("Alright, I have the Giants' running back, so I need them to go 90 yards on running plays, but I have the Jets' defense, so the running back can't score a touchdown, instead at the 1 yard line I need them to intercept a pass and return it for a score!").

I've played Yahoo's free fantasy football for the past couple of years. This year I've started my own league and am looking for memebers. If you're interested, PM me (first come first serve). There's room for 20 total players in the league.

See you on the virtual gridiron!

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Re: Fantasy Football anyone?

I don't know how to play... But it sound like fun, It must be with FANTASY in the title. Do we get to slap towels in the locker room??
    Or is that not what you mean by fantasy

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Oooohhhh Barbie... I'm with you!!!!

I'm a football fan but have never done the fantasy thing.. Is it hard? Do I have to actually DO anything or can I just sit on the sidelines and gripe about what goes wrong and still reap the benefits?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Sounds like fun
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• No bacon; sausage.

The joy of fantasy football is that you can be as involved as you want. Unlike most other fantasy sports, because the games happen only once a week, it's pretty easy to stay on top of without much effort. You can either (like me) obsessively follow games and players trying to predict your best lineup for the week, or you can simply pop in on Friday, make sure none of your starting lineup players are injured or have a bye (meaning their team isn't playing this week), and see what happens. And you can do well either way.

For the uninitited, here's the basic idea. Everything starts with the draft. You build a list of NFL players that you'd like on your team in priority order (or you just go with the default order provided based on what the "experts" think are the best players) and once everyone's ready, your team is automatically drafted based on that ranked list (of course with everyone wanting the same best players, you only end up with a couple from the top of your list).

Each week, you pick a starting lineup from the players that you have drafted. One QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, and 1 team defense. Then, as each of these players plays in real life, you get points based on their stats. A point for every 10 rushing yards, 6 points if your QB throws a touchdown, 2 points if your defense recovers a fumble, etc. Each week you're matched up against one of the other teams in your fantasy football league. Whoever ends up with more points gets a win that week.

This, of course, is explained in detail on the site once you join up. I'll send PMs out presently to those who've said they're interested.
    Last edited by Bacon; 08-17-2005 at 07:13 AM.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

There is another member who has already started a MiceChat Fantasy Football League on Yahoo.

http://micechat.com/forums/micechat-main-lounge/8281-fantasy-football.html

I wonder if there are enough MiceChatters to fill both leagues?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    There is another member who has already started a MiceChat Fantasy Football League on Yahoo.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8281

I wonder if there are enough MiceChatters to fill both leagues?
    Oops, :slaps forehead: Should have searched.

Oh well, there should be enough to go around. They've already got 14 people, we've already got 6 based on who has responded here and PMd me. 8's the minimum for a good competetive season, and while there's room for 20 teams, if you get that many, there are fewer top-level players per-team which kinda sucks, plus you end up with more people out of the playoffs at the end. A couple leagues with 10-12 players each where almost everyone makes the playoffs will probably be more fun than a single league where half the people don't. See, so I inadvertantly solved a problem no one knew existed

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Ok... I signed up.. I'm on board. I have absolutely NO idea what in the world I am doing but by golly I'm already having fun trying to figure it out!! Geeze.. between hanging out in here and hanging out in my teams locker room.... (with my eyes WIDE open! ) I'm not going to get anything else done. Eh... who needs clean dishes... paper plates are easier anyway right?

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• No bacon; sausage.

Just a little bump. C'mon, who else is up for a little friendly competition?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

When setting your draft try to avoid picking only players from 1 or 2 teams.....I did this a couple of years ago(Miami Dolphins) and was doing just great until the bye week

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    When setting your draft try to avoid picking only players from 1 or 2 teams.....I did this a couple of years ago(Miami Dolphins) and was doing just great until the bye week
    Excellent advice.

I posted a message in the league, but I'll repeat it here. The draft is happening on Monday, barring any new signups before then. If you want, edit your draft order before then. Otherwise, you can just sit back and let it happen automatically.

After the draft, we'll have about 2.5 weeks to finalize lineups and make trades before the season starts.

• No bacon; sausage.

Okay folks, the draft is done, you've got a team. Take a look, make some trades if you want. Read the player notes for advice.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Alrighty then.... I just took a look at my lineup... I think I'm pretty happy with it. I got the quarterback I wanted....I got Tory Holt.... the rest is gravy. (Since I'm really wingin it here! I only pay attention to my Rams really.... ) Let the chip...er... footballs fall where they may!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I am pretty happy even though the software predicts I will lose my first match 1515 to 1471.............but before I surrender I'll let the players slug it out and see if I get lucky

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    I am pretty happy even though the software predicts I will lose my first match 1515 to 1471.............but before I surrender I'll let the players slug it out and see if I get lucky
    Hmm, where do you see this prediction? And I wouldn't put too much stock in it, the numbers seem way out of whack. It's rare to get 100 points in a week, 1000 is impossible (although I've made some minor scoring tweaks that will probably make 100 a little more common).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast