Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• THE DMCA STONER!

The Official I Wish I Lived In California Thread

I know this may sound stupid to locals but there are some of us mice chatters that dont ever get to meet the fine people we've met on this site. Nor do we get to go to DL more than once a year. Here you can gripe about living far away from our favorite place.
    BOO!

• THE DMCA STONER!

Re: The Official I Wish I Lived In California Thread

I'll start the fact that it costs me 5000 dollars just to go there is a real piss off, not to mention the 2 ta 3 grand I end up spending on my trip!

NEXT!
    BOO!

• Original Mice-Chatter

I am not sure I want to LIVE in cali- though I do miss being able to go to DL whenever I want (I would be an AP in a heartbeat) and I miss being able to go to meets.

I don't think I want to live there- just want to have the ability to go more often.

Wish i could be centrally located in between both disneyland and disneyworld that way it wouldn't cost so much to fly out of Buffalo

• Official MC Thread Killer

I'd give anything to live there. I fell in love on my vacation.. but it is pretty far from home and all my family
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Minion

What an awesome thread, I would really like to live in California. It beats living in Michigan, or maybe i'm just looking at California through rose colored glasses.

• insufferable know-it-all

I am here to comfort you, people-who-live-in-the-middle-of=the-country, by sharing a few grim facts to remind you WHY you don't live here.

Fact #1: My 1-bedroom apartment in a medium-quality area (neither glamorous nor dangerous) costs $1250 per month.

Fact #2: Many Southern Californians have commutes of 40 minutes or more

Fact #3: Current price of regular unleaded gasoline is $2.65

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• See what I got?

I would LOVE to live near DL! The weather is great most of the time. I just hate the high cost of living. I want to continue to live in a house I own, and still be able to stay home with my adorable little guy. . .

Wink Re: The Official I Wish I Lived In California Thread

I live in the middle of the country (Midwest) and used to say I would move down to Orlando and live there to be closer to WDW. I fell in love with the weather in Anaheim and said I will move there now and be closer to DL. The apartment prices was a wake-up call but isn't it nice to dream? Gas prices and commute times didn't surprise me at all. NYC prices are even higher and that would satisfy my theatre snob syndrome if I moved there but couldn't afford it.
    Are wages comparable? (Now I'm just being pragmatic!)
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

I stand corrected on the gas prices. Regular unleaded was $2.81 this morning.

While I'm here...

Fact #4 - The median price of an Orange County home is somewhere around $614,000.

Fact #5 - Percentage of Orange Country residents who can afford to own their own home (including condos): 10%

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Happy Memories

Not to be all negative and shatter anyones dreams, but I have never, and would never want to live in California. Nothing against my California friends or anything, i just have zero interest in joining you out there. Heck, i barely have any interest in visiting (which I've never done by the way). Farthest west I've been is Vegas.

There are many places I enjoy to visit, but when it comes to living somewhere for a significant amount of time, i prefer somewhere smallish (but within reasonable car traveling distance of larger things). I'm in Florida now (born and raised), but if my future bride gets her wish we will some day be moving to Tennessee. Using todays market, we could sell our property here, build our dream home up there, and still have money left over for savings. compare that to barely being able to afford a shack in Cali for the same fundage.

Oh my! Living in California.....well I like where I live for the most part, But can't they move Disneyland a little farther north? O.K. Maybe I will just wish I could win the lottery so I can go whenever I want.
    Is there an I wish I can win the lottery thread?

May I suggest Las Vegas as a resonably nearby, great place to live with a lower cost of living and NO STATE INCOME TAX?

• ROFLCOPTER

I would like to live near Dl, but WDW cause' theres not as much traffic and theres 4 parks.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Man O Lantern

Gas here is just as spendy, so that's not the dealbreaker for me.

Portland is just so dang clean compared to anywhere I've been in SoCal (exceptions being Bel Air and parts of 90210), I don't have to use a car to get everywhere, I can walk downtown from my house if I really cared to (less than 3 miles to Saks Fifth Avenue from my house), the people are awesome and progressive, and since I'm an idiot and leave my car unlocked almost everyday somewhere, either at home, the store, Starbucks, the pool, downtown.....and nothing bad has happened....I think I'll just stick here, thanks.

It's so spread out down there that I don't love it.....but dang it would be nice to be able to go to Disneyland a little more often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast