Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ocean

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

The Ocean

Do you live near the ocean? I grew up in Orange County, with Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Sunset Beach, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Dana Point, Long Beach all very close to me. My mother took up to the beach every summer probably 6 days a week. So I grew to love the ocean.

Now, as an adult, I don't always have time to go play at the beach, but Saturday and Sunday mornings I do enjoy getting in my car, plugging in my I-Pod, and just taking leisurely drives down Pacific Coast Highway and thereabouts. It always makes me feel so good. Gives me some quiet time to think if anyhting's on my mind, and if not, I always have an amazing view.

Do you live near the ocean? How does it make you feel?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

Re: The Ocean

I wish !! I get all happy when I see pics of the ocean, there very soothing. you are very lucky to be able to go there when you want. I envy this

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Ocean makes me feel wonderful. I love the beach...in fact, we were thinking of heading down today and/or tomorrow - but this been a hot weekend, we figured it would be packed.

I love those drives down PCH....so calming, for a lack of better term. They are just gorgeous drives - even on cloudy days.

We like to go to Las Brisas on Saturday Mornings for brunch...and then we take a stroll around Broadway area......along the beach...and then drive up PCH to Newport Beach and taek the 55 home.

Great times. Thanks for sparking my memories with this thread topic....

• Banned User

How bout taking some awsome shots for those of us unfortunate to not be able to

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    How bout taking some awsome shots for those of us unfortunate to not be able to
    Karla - I have some photos.....shall I post? Wasn't sure if I should let Sunnygirl do that since this is 'her' thread.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I'm no good at taking outdoorsy pictures. Sorry.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    I'm no good at taking outdoorsy pictures. Sorry.
    I bet you are......but if you don't mind, I'd love to post a few beach pictures we took earlier this year on a warm day in late March - at Laguna Beach....

And of course, there's the one in my siggy line.
    Thanks for not minding if I post these, SG.

• Minion

I live a little over an hour from the beach, in Northern California.
    Har har har

• no flash photography...

I don't live close to the ocean ( good two hours away), but I do love driving by the ocean or walking on the beach. I do not like swimming in the southern California ocean unless I'm diving and preferably from a boat.

We usually just take our dogs to the dog beach. Here's a video of our last trip...you can hear the ocean noise...

forgive my high squeaky "i'm talking to the dog" voice and the camera strap...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=qxMRz1ljrto

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

When my daughter lived in San Diego Co. they were about 15 minutes from Coronado State Beach. My daughter however, does not like the beach, so there were only a handful of times that I could get her and her fiance to go to the beach with me, and I never took the time to go by myself.

Now where they are at in Nor Cal, they are within walking distance of the beach. She still hates the beach, but I'm going up to see her in July for two weeks and during those times that we will get on each others nerves I've already told her I'll be headed for the beach for a while.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

OHH I love this threaad!
    I was born in San Diego and lived only a few blocks away from the beach until i was about 10 years old.
    After that we moved inland but i'm still close enough to the coast that i can make the trip out to the beach for the day if i need to.
    Every summer, my whole family goes beach camping in Carpenteria, CA (near Santa Barbara) and it's the most relaxing place to camp in the world! I love it.
    I love the ocean and napping on the sand.
    My Dad is turning 55 this year and he still surfs all summer long when he gets the chance.
    Here are a few of my pics:

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I don't live close to the ocean ( good two hours away), but I do love driving by the ocean or walking on the beach. I do not like swimming in the southern California ocean unless I'm diving and preferably from a boat.

We usually just take our dogs to the dog beach. Here's a video of our last trip...you can hear the ocean noise...

forgive my high squeaky "i'm talking to the dog" voice and the camera strap...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxMRz1ljrto
    ohhhhhhhhh I did not know you have 2 dogs ! there adorable. Barkley rubbing him self all over the sand was a hoot. this made my day!!! I love the ocean and seeing all the dogs romping was so fun. Thank you Tracy for making my morning!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaPrincess View Post
    OHH I love this threaad!
    I was born in San Diego and lived only a few blocks away from the beach until i was about 10 years old.
    After that we moved inland but i'm still close enough to the coast that i can make the trip out to the beach for the day if i need to.
    Every summer, my whole family goes beach camping in Carpenteria, CA (near Santa Barbara) and it's the most relaxing place to camp in the world! I love it.
    I love the ocean and napping on the sand.
    My Dad is turning 55 this year and he still surfs all summer long when he gets the chance.
    Here are a few of my pics:

what I would give to see this often. thank you, these are wonderful pictures!!!

•     
    • Orbital Pluto

Our home is 5 short blocks from the beach. Our work is 2 blocks. The commute to work, by car or foot, is one mile, along Pacific Street, which is located on a bluff overlooking the ocean. Here are some recent shots of our beach and pier. Oh, and the pier is almost half a mile long and has a Ruby's restaurant at the end.

SCUBAbe, I love the doggie video! Such cuties, having the time of their lives! Great shots, everybody!

Lu
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I've been to Mickey Maxx and Rixter's shop. I can attest to the fact that they are near probably one of the most beautiful stretches of beach in San Diego Co!! I love the covered pick nick tables there!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast