Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your home

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Your home

Here's a thread to share with everyone where you live (not exact location of course). Tell us if you like your home. Planning on moving to something bigger and/or better? Improvement projects?

I live in a 3br/2bath 1300sf house built in 1956. Bought it in Dec. 2002. The entire interior is new and updated, from the floors to wall textures/paint to new windows and plumbing and fixtures.

The improvement projects I wanna do are all landscaping. My backyard is pretty much groomed weeds. I have a nice sized patio so I keep that nice with potted flowers and my patio furniture. I have a whole plan made up for my yard that will hopefully happen someday (lack of funds is keeping me from my dream backyard). Front yard just needs the 4 ginormous palm trees that I hate removed but that will cost me over $3,000 - yikes! Other than that its fine.

No plans to move as, well, I like where I live (7 miles from work) and if I sold it I'd have to move out of state, or to someplace way far away.

Anyway, what about you!

• So!

Re: Your home

Well, I don't know much about the house.....3Br 1Bath....Built in 1955. I've lived here since I was born. Nice size front and back yard.....uhh, I dunno what else to say. (I really don't know about future plans)

• That's Hawt

Well ... I still live with my mom but I absolutely LOVE where we live.

Our house is in Tahoma Heights. We have a five bedroom five and a half bathroom house. We had it built about three years ago and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it ... we have a great Lake Tahoe view and it's just perfect.

We just added an indoor pool and jacuzzi which is great in the winter but we can open up all the sliding doors and the retractable roof for the summertime.

The other thing I love is the screening room where we watch all of our movies. I will be very sad when I have to move which will be in about a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

We have a 4 bedroom/2.5 bath, single story 2000 square foot house. We have a nice size backyard, and a courtyard at the front of the house. My favorite feature of the house is the kitchen.

Someday, we hope to move closer to my family or to Orange County. Either way, we will have to start saving now to be able to afford the move. I keep hoping that Nathan will start looking for a new job that would force us to move, but that is just a pipe dream at the moment.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

We bought our house in 1997- just around Christmastime. It was built in maybe 1946? 1950 something? I really don't know and I've seen a couple different build dates listed. Three bedroom, two bath on a good sized lot, 65' x 135'.

Home improvements- front bathroom, new vanity. Back bathroom, new floor, maybe a whole remodel. Not likely, but it'd be nice. Two bedrooms need to have the carpet removed and the floors done, as well as the hallway and part of the front living room. Back yard- complete landscape remodel. One tree is going to remain, the rest of the yard goes to bare dirt and then put stuff in. Finances are definitely in play here, as well as energy to do the work. Gah.

I like my house. Laundry room *in* the house, not the garage. My hallway has a very high window that lets in a lot of light. My master bedroom is HUUUUGE!!!

• Gay Man

I like in Long Beach in a Hollywood Bungalow (spanish style) built in 1927. We have 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1320 sf, with a large covered front poarch and a smaller back yard (for the time period built).

We're always doing stuff to our house. It is in pretty pristine condition with no major "unfortunante remodels" in it's past. We try to keep things authentic while creating modern comforts. At the moment, I'm landscaping my back yard. Next up is remodeling the laundry room and adding a small outside gas instant water heater.

The things I love the most about my house is the large size rooms and the wonderful architectural details (nooks and niches) throughout the house. They don't build 'em that way anymore.

• For old time sake

I'm an apt dweller. Glad to be moving from the drab depressing place to the bright split level place in 2 weeks. Even more excited that Mice chatters are coming to help move and others want to come and just visit

In honor of my favorite photographer *coughnevergrowupcough* I'm going to put lots of my own photography in my new place!!!!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

We are in a 3 bedroom 2 bath home that I think was built in the late 70's. Its sort of small, about 1300 square feet I think, but its paid for. No house payment!!! We moved into it around 1983 I think it was. I hate my back yard... it sloped downward so we don't really have much of a back yard. The front is a bit better, we have a patio like place in front where I have a patio table and chairs. Thats where we bar-b-q and spend the evenings when the weather is nice. Landscaping is simple... sand. Lots of sand. Thats what you have in the desert. We don't mow we hula hoe. I do have 3 rose bushes, but other than that there is one pine like tree in the side yard, a Joshua Tree in the front yard and some assorted bushed in front of the kitchen.

I'd like to move into someplace with a bit more room so I could have a computer/office room, and a craft/sewing room and a guest room. And they are buillding sooooo freaking much around us its just getting way to crowed around here, even for me. It use to be a really quiet, peaceful neighborhood, with mostly older retired people. Of course they are all gone and have been replaced with familys with tons of kids (the people behind us have 7), and in the next year they will be building around 300 more houses in the desert above us, and another 600 home development is planned for just a mile or so away. I'm getting to old to deal with large crowds of people and noisy kids running their dirt bikes and quads up and down the street. Antartica is looking pretty good... but can't afford to move because I feel I need about 100 acres of buffer between me and the rest of the world. I'm not anti-social... just need some peace and quiet.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Oooh cool! I wanna play

I live in a 2,442 sq ft house built in '04. 5 bedrooms, 3 bath and we fill it up! (Six of us). The house sits on a 1/3 acre lot. There was only dirt in the backyard 14 months ago when we moved in, but husbandfer is quite the landscaping/building guru.

Here's a little of what he's done:

The gazebo and treehouse, etc.

The sink/refrigerator/bar:

Now we just need a pool.......
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Smile Re: Your home

We live (grandma & I) in the home that she and my grandpa(deceased) bought in 1941. It was built in 1912 and it's a craftman bungalow. It's doesn't have much square feet about 900ish. 2 bedroom 1 bath . The many best parts are the large front porch with rocking bench, 25+ rose bushes/trees around the house, large backyard with a spa, garage off the alley and many windchimes / wildlife feeders/bathes. can't forget ABE - my dessert turtle in back yard. Original wood, 5 panel doors and built in hutch. And the NEIGHBORS!!!!! We have some great ones.

Wishlist If funds weren't an issue improve garage and go up over it and the back part of the house so not to take away the character of the craftsman style. I am all in to historical preservation

In december, a pictorial of Torrance will be out and there are many !!!! from our collection. I have alot being 4th generation living here and 3rd born here so I am NOT MOVING !!!! It's only 30mins to DL on a good day or if I use the carpool lane.

• Man O Lantern

For 8 years, we lived in, and are now in the process of selling our 1903 bungalow. We remodeled it completely and it's adorable. Really cute. It's about 1850 square feet, yellow, white trim, big red porch, green door (original door with beveled windows!), three bedrooms, two baths. We used to have people randomly show up on our doorstep and ask for tours. It's that cute. On the inside, it's nothing special.....the front rooms are the only original rooms, with original woodwork and windows, the rest of the house is newer.

Anyway, it's been a rental for two years since we moved and we're just now selling it to a couple who fell in love with it (I knew one of them from before we moved away....weird). We're carrying the contract, so it's a lease-to-own. We're getting a sweet deal....they're paying us our current asking price and appreciation costs for each year that we're financing it, plus about $400/mo above our mortgage payment and they're buying it AS IS, so they're in charge of anything and everything that happens to it the second they walk in the door. Plus, we still get the tax benefits.

We currently live in a 3400 sq foot house on a steep lot in a fantastic neighborhood in Portland. The high school is nearby, the middle school AND the elementary school. If we stay in this neighborhood, the kids will never be more than 6 blocks from our house when they're at school!

The house was built in 1967 and the upstairs is hilariously 1967. Exposed wood beams, high ceilings, split level entry, tile floors, white brick fireplace.....it's like Ron Burgundy's apartment come to life. It's very retro cool, and thank God, not ugly. The kitchen is ginormous......unbelievably big. It was updated in the late 80's, and it's nice.....but not the modern kitchen I'd like.

We have 3 bedrooms, a laundry room that's bigger than two of the bedrooms, so the kids have all their art stuff in there, we have a storage room that used to be an office.....it's about the size of a single car garage, living room, and a family room that's roughly 300 sq feet (where I'm sitting right now).

We leased to own this one and bought it about four months ago. We've been here two years.

We're in the process of putting in an offer on a lot about 8 blocks from here..... We're building! It's another steep lot, though not as steep as this one, and it has a view. The ground level will be a garage, dug into the hill, the second level will be the kitchen, living room, family room, laundry, and master suite. The second level has a bonus room and three bedrooms. We're having the blue prints doctored by an engineer right now!!!

We're freaking out a little bit (okay, I am)....but my husband is a construction superintendent, so this is what he does. When the house is built, we'll have about $350K in equity. Have to loooove the current market! I'm actually not really excited about picking out all the stuff that goes in it. It's going to be so much freaking work. We weren't planning to do it this year.....we'd kind of come to an agreement to wait another year.....but the selling of the other house is pushing us into action. Now.

We're planning to move next summer!

Our home was built in 1990, 2-story, 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom, one 2/3 (bathroom).

Man, I am WAY to hyped up on sugar! I cannot type without using the backspace! Stupid Crystal Lite on the Go!
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Live in Buffalo in a four bedroom and 1.5 bathroom colonial style house

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

I own a 2bd, 2ba on the second floor of a rather large condo complex in Orange, CA. I'm only about 5 minutes from work, have easy access to four fwys (which in CA is a good thing), have a good sized living room, a tiny patio, no backyard and a great roommate.

Project in the works: Converting the hall bath from a tub to a tub and shower. Home Depot is coming at the end of August!!! EEEK!!

Projects I'd like to do: PAINT. Paint my room a very pale purple - just a hint of purple, get rid of the popcorn ceiling in my room, paint my living room a very soft blue and replace the cheap carpet that the previous owner put in.

Wishes: Wish I could have a laundry room!!!! I have to drag my laundry down to the community laundry room. It BLOWS. One day, when I have a "real" house I'm buying the most expensive, high end, best of the best washer & dryer combos. Until then I'm stuck dragging it up and down the stairs!

• Colorado Bound?

Quote Originally Posted by Where's Barbie?
    We live (grandma & I) in the home that she and my grandpa(deceased) bought in 1941. It was built in 1912 and it's a craftman bungalow. It's doesn't have much square feet about 900ish. 2 bedroom 1 bath . The many best parts are the large front porch with rocking bench, 25+ rose bushes/trees around the house, large backyard with a spa, garage off the alley and many windchimes / wildlife feeders/bathes. can't forget ABE - my dessert turtle in back yard. Original wood, 5 panel doors and built in hutch. And the NEIGHBORS!!!!! We have some great ones.

Wishlist If funds weren't an issue improve garage and go up over it and the back part of the house so not to take away the character of the craftsman style. I am all in to historical preservation

In december, a pictorial of Torrance will be out and there are many !!!! from our collection. I have alot being 4th generation living here and 3rd born here so I am NOT MOVING !!!! It's only 30mins to DL on a good day or if I use the carpool lane.

Are you in that neighborhood that does all the lights and stuff at christmas? My In-laws are across town just off Del Amo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast