• Minion

Kennedy Has Malignant Brain Tumor

Word now in that he has a malignant brain tumor

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24728667/

No word yet on survival prospects but I assume a brain tumor in a 76 yr old is not good
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Kennedy Has Malignant Brain Tumor

I guess it's good he had the seizure to alert doctors about the problem. I hope they caught it in time to be able to at least try and fix the situation.

Good Luck to Mr. Kennedy.

• Minion

From what they are saying on the news it does not look good. Generally these kinds of tumors are fatal within a year or so.

As I've said in other posts, I don't often agree with EMK on politics and his personal life has sometimes been less than stellar, but consider what he's been through.

By the time he was 21, one of his brothers had died in war, one of his sisters had died in a plane crash and one sister had been lobotomized.

By the time he was 36, two more brothers had been murdered and he had been in a nearly fatal plane crash. His father had suffered a stroke and died after years of suffering.

So by 40, he was the head of the family, responsible not only for his own family but for those of his 2 murdered brothers.

And all of this in the national spotlight.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My grandma had one when she was 80. They gave her 6 months to a year to live... she lasted about 3 months.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    My grandma had one when she was 80. They gave her 6 months to a year to live... she lasted about 3 months.
    My grandfather had one, they gave him 3-6 months, he died about two months later.

Senator Kennedy has been through a lot in his life and has served his country very well. I hope that he is able to recover.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan View Post
    From what they are saying on the news it does not look good. Generally these kinds of tumors are fatal within a year or so.

As I've said in other posts, I don't often agree with EMK on politics and his personal life has sometimes been less than stellar, but consider what he's been through.

By the time he was 21, one of his brothers had died in war, one of his sisters had died in a plane crash and one sister had been lobotomized.

By the time he was 36, two more brothers had been murdered and he had been in a nearly fatal plane crash. His father had suffered a stroke and died after years of suffering.

So by 40, he was the head of the family, responsible not only for his own family but for those of his 2 murdered brothers.

And all of this in the national spotlight.
    Not to mention, years later, he lost his nephew in a plane cash.

• Dave

Blog Entries

As a member of the other Party I always enjoyed his emotion. I am hopeful he pulls off a miracle. He is a taugh old guy and may suprise a lot of people by being around another 20 years. Best Wishes to he and his family!
    Dave