Thread: Honda Goldwings

Honda Goldwings

I am nearly sold on a Goldwing. Not for another 6 to 8 months or so, its a lot of money to spend on a bike, but they are nice. I figure I'd be saving enough in gas if I use it to cruise the couple hours to WDW instead of taking my truck that the savings would pay for the insurance. (Yes, I am already at the justification stage).

I know they are good bikes, I know Honda makes great products, I know they are comfy, fast, etc. I guess I am just looking for any unique opinions that might make me think. So far it just seems like if you are willing to spend the money, and are looking for a touring bike, its a no brainer.

I want it, and I want it now.

• My cuties!

Re: Honda Goldwings

Make sure to wear a helmet!! My husband has a Triumph Sprint ST and will only ride in full leathers and a helmet (it is the law here to have a helmet, not sure about FL).

• That Guy

John.

Come on man, how many trauma codes do you work where the pt. was a biker? We both know it is usually not the biker's fault, but still, think about it!!!!

Be safe!

• Man O Lantern

I'm more of a Vespa kind of gal.....

Helmet is not even a question for me. There is no way you could get me on a bike without one. I have always felt that way, never mind a memorial service I will be attending tomorrow for someone that wasn't wearing a helmet. (He was a local FF, and the call was run by the FD he worked for. He was called on scene.)

I was trying to decide what color I liked, oddly enough, and very out of charactre for a Goldwing IMO, bright yellow is a choice. My first though? Sold. Like driving a road cone. Seems a lot safer than a black bike. I know, I know. People hit road cones all the time.

It is a risk, a calculated risk. I love bikes, my granfather raced, did hill climbs, and rode one as his primary mode of transportation until he was 78. Does that mean I will have the same luck? Not at all. I really want one though.