Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Now you don't have to answer this.......

Now you don't have to answer this, but are you sentimental? Do you save things? The weather is crummy outside today, so I am working inside. I ended up cleaning out my desk. I ran across some stuff, that I wondered about. Some people save everything. Especially sentimental things. Found some cards, my kids gave me. Have to save those. A picture of a Pokemon, that my grandson drew. Have to keep that. Then there was all the bank deposit slips. Now do I keep those, or toss those?

So how many MiceChatters would consider themselves sentimental.

Is there something you would admit to saving, that perhaps the rest of us would not understand?
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Now you don't have to answer this.......

Yes, I am so ridiculously sentimental. I cry over the lamest things! I save all my movie tickets, etc, all that kind of stuff. I even saved all the rose petals from the dozen roses Anders bought me a few weekends ago. He was the first man besides my dad to ever give me flowers.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

I have the cookie wrapper from the first time my love and I went to Disneyland together. I laminated it too.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Again! Again! Again!

I can be. I usually will save something. Then I find it the next time I'm cleaning, then I save it again. Then the next time I find it, I realize I forgot I had it and toss it. I can't afford to be a pack rat anymore! No room. Only the important stuff. Cards I usually keep and then toss after a while. I don't want to say I'm trying to be less sentimental. I am, but I know I just can't keep everything. And it bums me out when I throw stuff away. Now I just keep things that remind of someone or some special moment.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I am not sentimental when it comes to saving things. I don't save anything. I hate clutter! I through everything out and I don't care if you don't give me a birthday card (just waste of money) as long as you call. But, I do cry over the lamest things (movies , some songs)
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

I keep ev-er-y thing. Everything! It's ridiculous! I have a box full of fastpasses, movie tix, autopia driving licenses, bus passes, plane tix, fortune cookie slips, etc.

And then all the kids' stuff.....papers, homework, report cards, hair from EVERY SINGLE ONE of their haircuts, drawings, macaroni artwork, shells, rocks, dried flowers they've picked me, their teeth that they've lost and given to the tooth fairy, everything.

I save it all. I even have some of their favorite outfits saved. I take them out and smell them sometimes.

I'm a freak about keeping everything.....and I cry like a baby about things. Like Hallmark commercials. Disneyland commercials. TV Movies of the Week. It doesn't take much.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I keep ev-er-y thing. Everything! It's ridiculous! I have a box full of fastpasses, movie tix, autopia driving licenses, bus passes, plane tix, fortune cookie slips, etc.

And then all the kids' stuff.....papers, homework, report cards, hair from EVERY SINGLE ONE of their haircuts, drawings, macaroni artwork, shells, rocks, dried flowers they've picked me, their teeth that they've lost and given to the tooth fairy, everything.

I save it all. I even have some of their favorite outfits saved. I take them out and smell them sometimes.

I'm a freak about keeping everything.....and I cry like a baby about things. Like Hallmark commercials. Disneyland commercials. TV Movies of the Week. It doesn't take much.
    There will come a time, when we are no longer here, that our families will wonder and be amazed at what we have saved. The items that we can not bear to part with, are indeed the blueprints of our souls.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I'm pretty sentimental about keeping "momentos" of my life . I keep the ticket stubs from every event I go to, all the birthday and Xmas cards I get (from friends and family), and whatever childhood things I still have. I keep all of this stuff in a chest so it's not really causing any clutter thankfully. If it's too large for the chest, I usually don't keep it unless it's really, really special.

• ROFLCOPTER

I still keep my "Extened Magic Hours Pass" from WDW......
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Yep. I still have the single red rose my ex gave me back in 1998 in a box somewhere. I save cards that people send that have nice messages in them or that the card itself has a certain something to it. Ticket stubs to events I attend with people I date (special events per se not movies). Silly things to most, but treasures to me. The memories they bring back when I go through them are important to me and remind me that -I- have important people in my life that love and care for me.

Hearing certain songs also brings back those memories. Although they aren't physical keepsakes, they still have as much if not more of an emotional impact as the ticket stubs or cards I have kept.

• Circle of Ancients

I pride myself because I am very sentimental and quite romantic (as in: Imaginative but impractical; a visionary). I don't keep everything, because it just clutters up, but I have begun keeping many things, newspapers of important events, letters from friends, everything I get from my trips to Disneyland (even napkins lol). I might eventually get rid of some of the stuff, but for now I will keep it, tuck it away, and when I find it again, I might reminisce about the happy times in my life, and the people that made me happy.

My advice: Keep all the things that are important to you. Keep things from the people you love, things that people having given you as gestures of friendship and/or kindness. (Just don't keep every reciept from your trip to the grocery store )

• off in lala land

Ok, I am a big pansy. I cry at everything, and I mean everything. It can be as simple as a card, or if at the end of a horror movie and the people are all safe, I am all water works. It's really pretty lame.

The worst, I have to say, is watching a mother cry. I am very close to my mother, and when I see a mother cry, it breaks me up inside.

Oh, and we save stuff. I still have the very first picture Disguy and I took together and it's here at my desk.
    ...it's been a long time.

• See what I got?

I am less sentimental as of late, but still save the stuff from when I was more so. For example, when I started going to DL regularly with my boyfriend, now husband, they sold those flowers with the lights in them, and my BF-DH bought me one. Back then, you could see the battery and it just had some floral tape wrapped around it and a little switch you slid back and forth to turn the light on. For several trips after that, it was a tradition to buy me one everytime up until our honeymoon. That was the last one. It is interesting to see how far advanced those things have become! Now they have plastic handles with real switches and everything! Anyway, I also used to save movie tickets, and found in my stack Three Men and a Baby, and at least 5 of my trips to see Titanic. I had even written on the back who I was with. I dont' even remember who some of the people are!

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Have you been peeking in my closet, garage and anywhere else I can store things???

I am so glad I am not the only one You all make me feel semi - normal

• LoisAlene

I've got toys from my childhood, almost every Mother's day school-made thing from my 2 kids, a broken crystal vase that my hubby gave me in 1982. I have pictures of 5 generations of family includng pictures from every theme park visit. Oh yes, I also have EVERY freeking book that has caught my sentimental attention. Books of my childhood, books from my Dad, books that were my Grandma's favorites, my Mom's Betty Crocker cookbook....all together I have 9 full sized bookcases and they are all full. Yes, I have read them all.
    The sentimentalist and the pack rat in me beat out the clean freak everytime.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast