Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

O'nut does Boston and Provincetown - a TR

Brian and I spent a week in Boston (with a 3 day stint in Provincetown to celebrate our 2nd anniversary). I see new things every time I go, and I thought Iíd share a little pictorial with you.

Our first stop after landing was Kowloon Restaurant in Saugus (just north of Boston, where Brian grew up and where his folks live).

We shared a nice dinner, and we shared this potent potable. Itís a Scorpion Bowl, filled with all sorts of likker!

Looks like Brianís doggy Jake won a dream!

Kaneís Donuts. Itís a fabulous old school donut shop a mile or so from Brianís folks house. REALLY good donuts too.

More to come....

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: O'nut does Boston and Provincetown - a TR

Here we are in Provincetown (aka P-town).

The main landmark in P-town is the Pilgrim Monument (remember, the Pilgrims first landed here in P-town, where they wrote the Mayflower Compact).

You can climb up to the top and it offers beautiful views. Here’s the view looking up from the bottom.

Along the way up are stones with cites names from around the country that have donated to the tower, but mostly they are cities in Massachusetts. Here’s our proud Saugonian in front of his cities stone.

The following shots are taken from the top in 4 directions. Here’s south. In front is part of P-town, the land in the far distance is Cape Cod and that tip of land extending from the right to left, is the very tippy tip of Cape Cod just off-shore from P-town.

Looking east we have more of P-town and the Cape, with the Atlantic Ocean in the distance.

Looking north.

Looking west. Look closely and you can see “mainland” Massachusetts.

Here’s a shot of Boston from the tower (ya gotta look REALLY closely, but you can see the skyscrapers there 43 miles away as a crow flys).

The view looking down the tower from the top.

More to come....

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Cool Cape Cod lighthouse.

Me contemplating life, looking out over Cape Cod Bay.

Salt marsh.

Sign in a storefront window. It made me chuckle.

A couple cool view of the Monument.

Remains of a pier from "back in the day". P-town was a huge whaling town and have LOTS of piers, many of which remain, but look like this. Kinda cool, yet ghostly.

More to come....

• Incognito

Blog Entries

The Atlantic House. http://www.ahouse.com/history.html It’s been here since the late 1700’s and it is said to be the oldest gay bar in the country. Apparently Judy Garland visited once, binged, then stumbled down Commercial Street with a bevy of gay men following her like she was the Messiah Anyway here’s a day and night shot (day shot with Brian and Jake).

The Lobster Pot.

The Pilgrim Monument at night (sorry, it's a bit blurry, as was I ).

More to come....

Beautiful pics! Keep em comin!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Banned User

I love P town! I was there 4 years ago and spent 10 days there.went to Martha's vinyard, etc. I love walking the town, going into the shops. I vow to go back some day and live! thank you for the trip down memory lane

• Circle of Ancients

Great pictures. Can't wait to see more.

• World Traveler

Thanks for the great pictures and the TR! We've always wanted to go to P-town, but haven't made it ... yet.

Great pictures so far can't wait to see more! Thanks for showing the inside of the Pilgrim Monument, we go to P-town at least once a year and have never climbed it. Next month I will check it out when I am there. Great that you pointed out that the Pilgrims landed in P-town first before stepping foot on Plymouth Rock, so many people don't know about that.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I was there as a mere tyke, not knowing the history. Now I want to go back! New England is a writer's mecca, a very cool place.

Thanks for sharing the pix. Keep 'im coming.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Winter in Oceanside...

I loves me a Brian and O'nut trip report!!!! Keep 'em coming!

Hey... did they film Vertigo at that tower?

• So fetch

Great TR so far. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see more.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Congrats on your anniversary! You two go to some of coolest places and I appreciate that you share the pictures afterwards. Can't wait to see more.

• My cuties!

Great pictures!! Love the Judy Garland story!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

My final installment.

We celebrated our 2nd anniversary at one of the nicer restaurants in P-town. Itís called The Mews Restaurant and Cafť. http://www.mews.com/

One of the things they are known for, is having well over 200 different kinds of vodka. The cover of the vodka menu is naughty.

I was in heaven looking at the vodka menu (and a little amazed as well).

Our delicious (and huge) martinis. Very potent I might add, especially on an empty tummy. I chose a vodka made in Sweden with water from a glacial lake. I think it was called Thor Vodka, or something like that. Quite smooth.

Brianís favorite bottle wasnít even a vodka, it was this well dressed bottle of cognac. Sheís all fancy in her red dress. The cognac, not Brian.

Time for Cape Cods on Cape Cod. Cheers to a delicious dinner and to a fantastic place to celebrate an anniversary! If you get to P-town, check out this place. The food and drinks were fabulous, and the entire wait staff were nothing short of awesome.

I had been to P-town once before about 10 years ago for a few hours and wasnít very impressed then. But after staying for a few days, and seeing the area and meeting a few locals, I came to realize that I really really like this place. Itís a very gay friendly town (mostly because it IS a gay town), but itís got a lot of small town charm. Itís got some great restaurants and bars, as well as cute innís. If you get a chance, head out Cape Cod on Route 6 and just keep going until you canít go any further, and enjoy Provincetown.

And this my friends, is where I will wrap up this TR. Thank you for reading, and good day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast