Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Little Miss Sunshine

This was not one of my best days! (bit by dog, hit in head by shovel...)

Okay, the day itself actually started out quite nicely. But one of my cats started having really bad issues a day or two back, and today she went downhill (I think she'll be put to sleep tomorrow, she's probably in last stage kidney disease now). Then I went for my exercise, and got run after by a Jack Russell Terrier. The dog bit me 2 or 3 times - and the owner ran after the dog with a shovel, and somehow mistook my head for the dog (with the spade of the shovel). Fortunately, it seems the dog is up to date on it's shots.

Now I'm sitting on the porch with Kitty (she is the persian in the below photo). I'll miss her very much.

Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

Re: This was not one of my best days! (bit by dog, hit in head by shovel...)

oh Denise, I am so sorry, she is such a lovely girl. Hugs to you oh and sorry bout the shovel, wow I can not imagine getting hit with a shovel you have had a tough day Hope it gets better fast

• Disappearing/Reappearing

poor Denise. It sounds as if you are having my type of day. I hope tomorrow is better for you. Your little lady is beautiful, give her tons of hugs for all of us. I wish you all the very best!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Yikes! Let's hope for a better Wednesday....

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Aww man! I'm so sorry
    I cannot believe you got hit in the head by a shovel!
    Are you alright?
    You and your kitty, she's beautiful, will be in my heart
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Little Miss Sunshine

Thanks everyone - my head is okay, my leg hurts from the bites. It's almost funny now, that part. I mean, I have never gotten bit by a dog before, so that was surprising. But getting hit by a shovel took it to a whole other level.

Kitty will be put to sleep tomorrow if she makes it through the night. She has actually had problems for quite some time (jerking her head when I type, etc.). But the vet said she was fine in January, even though she'd just had a seizure. Yesterday she started going downhill, and she hasn't eaten anything today - and barely even walks anymore (very different than 2 days ago). I feel very guilty that I was moving her off my lap the other day as I was trying to type. Now she doesn't really want to be touched at all. I wish she'd want me to hold her just once more.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

It's not your fault, you didn't know...my best wishes for you and your kitty through tonight and tomorrow. Ok, I'm getting over emotional reading this thread just thinking of my kitty and yours. *deep breaths to keep typing* I'm just curious, how old is she?
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

On the bright side, tomorrow HAS to be better than that. Sorry about your day. Maybe a nice lawsuit will brighten your day.

At any rate, my prescription is for you to head over to WDW straight away and start taking some more of your amazing shots!

That and maybe some motrin.

•   
    • My liver hurts!

Ouchers!!! Really not a good day at all for you!!! Sorry for everything...the sicky meow meow, the doggy bite and the bump on your noggin....hope everything gets better!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Yikes! How short are you? I mean, how could that guy mistake your head (up high) for the dog (on the ground)?? And who runs after their dog with a shovel?!

Poor Kitty. I bet she's a had a super great life with you by her side. Did you try feeding her a little warm milk or something? Spoil her one last time? <3 I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

Let us know how she does, ok?

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    It's not your fault, you didn't know...my best wishes for you and your kitty through tonight and tomorrow. Ok, I'm getting over emotional reading this thread just thinking of my kitty and yours. *deep breaths to keep typing* I'm just curious, how old is she?
    Thanks. She's between 11 and 14, the vet couldn't really tell her age when I found her outside. She was only about 5 pounds, very flea bitten, and had lost an eye to another cat (I am guessing) in a fight. My thought at the time was that she probably had an owner who died, and noone wanted her.

I don't think that tomorrow will be a better day, as she'll be put to sleep. But I will be at WDW on Friday to meet a friend, and that makes me happy.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    Yikes! How short are you? I mean, how could that guy mistake your head (up high) for the dog (on the ground)?? And who runs after their dog with a shovel?!

Poor Kitty. I bet she's a had a super great life with you by her side. Did you try feeding her a little warm milk or something? Spoil her one last time? <3 I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

Let us know how she does, ok?
    I am 5'4 - I have NO idea how he ended up hitting me! He started running after his dog (who is short), and the spade smacked me in the head.

Kitty doesn't want anything but water now, I tried giving her some treats - but she doesn't want those either. I knew it was bad this morning when she didn't want any turkey, she is a HUGE beggar for food, and you can't leave a plate of food without her face being in it (if you turn around).

I'll post tomorrow - but I believe tomorrow morning she'll be going to the vet for the last time. I'm very sad about it, I'm glad though that she doesn't seem to be in pain.

Thank you very much.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

*hug, hug*

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I'm so sorry about your kitty. She is beautiful and you are doing what is best for her. She will be waiting for you on the other side.

Hope your days get better!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Thanks. She's between 11 and 14, the vet couldn't really tell her age when I found her outside. She was only about 5 pounds, very flea bitten, and had lost an eye to another cat (I am guessing) in a fight. My thought at the time was that she probably had an owner who died, and noone wanted her.

I don't think that tomorrow will be a better day, as she'll be put to sleep. But I will be at WDW on Friday to meet a friend, and that makes me happy.
    Aww poor thing, I'm glad she was able to have a wonderful life with you! Don't think of it as putting her to sleep - think of it as her being fully happy and having no stress whatsoever and running in grassy fields of joy. She will be waiting for you!
    I'm sure WDW will be a good way to get your mind back in a positive space, I hope you have a wonderful time!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast