View Poll Results: Is this freakout real?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real.

6 26.09%
  • Fake.

17 73.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Office Freak Out: Real or Fake?

This guy tears up this office and hits people with computer hardware. Is it real? You decide.

http://www.break.com/index/office-wo...ly-insane.html

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: Office Freak Out: Real or Fake?

Seems pretty legit...some days ya just gotta vent I guess.

• Winter in Oceanside...

If I had to sit in that little rat's hole for 8 hours a day, squeezed with all the other little rats, and know you are being video taped, I'd go berserk too!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The reason I question its authenticity is the two big CRT monitors that the guy picks up and throws. He just grabs them right up. A monitor that is being used would have a power cord and a video cable running into. Most VGA cables can screwed into place, so while there is the chance that both cables were not screwed in, each cable would at least snag for a second or two.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

For me it was the 'let's all stand here and make sure we're facing the camera.' Not one person moves to a phone; no one tries to talk with him.

Couple it with the non-wired bit technology, well, yep, great piece of comedy.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Clearing my Calendar

Then there's this video: http://www.break.com/index/office-wo...ond-angle.html

Apparently two quick thinking office members opt to, instead of calling for security or 911, whip out their cell phones to.... take a video.

"But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

This is why Virtual Bubble Wrap is so important on those stressful days

• ..but you can call me Pam

I think that it is probably phony also. Most people would make a run for it, and they all just stand there.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by 071755 View Post
    I think that it is probably phony also. Most people would make a run for it, and they all just stand there.
    You'd be surprised how many people just stand around and watch things like a fight, or someone freaking out like in this video (if it is indeed real). Unless a gun is involved, people don't tend to run away, they tend to rubberneck and now-a-days take video on their phones.

• Banned User

The computer monitors look pretty old for being in an office now, I agree with that. It looks fairly real, but, who knows anymore. SO many things are faked. One thing that makes me think it's fake is that nobody does ANYTHING to stop him? There are women in there, who could be hurt, and, the guys all just stand around and wave their arms around? Come on you bunch of wusses!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I do not know what the technical term is, but there have been studies about the non-reactions of the co-workers. The more people present, the less likely it is that somebody will act. People tell themselves, "I would have done something," but they do not. Instead the thought is more like, "I want to do something, but do not think I am the one to do it." So that behavior is really not abnormal at all, despite what we all tend to think.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by 071755 View Post
    I don't know, I would have stood back a safe distance and pulled out my cell phone myself. LOL

Regarding the comment about the old CRT monitors, the last place I worked for had a mixture of CRT's and flat screens so a lot of "cheap" companies would probably see it as a bad investment and figure the CRT's are working just fine, why change it?

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    The computer monitors look pretty old for being in an office now, I agree with that. It looks fairly real, but, who knows anymore. SO many things are faked. One thing that makes me think it's fake is that nobody does ANYTHING to stop him? There are women in there, who could be hurt, and, the guys all just stand around and wave their arms around? Come on you bunch of wusses!
    I know of several places just in my town that still use "older" equipment like that. Based on the second angle film that has sound this was apparently in Russia or somewhere in Eastern Europe and so it is possible that they are still using "older" stuff.

Especially when a large crowd is involved, many people stand around and watch this kind of thing and think "someone should stop this" but they expect the someone to be "someone else". They don't want to leave because most people have this interest to watch something unusual take place so long as they dont perceive an immediate mortal danger (like a gun being involved) but as far as they are conserned it is the police or security's job to put a stop to it.

I was once dispatched to a "disturbance" at a little league game. I arrived to find one large guy beating the crap out of a smaller man with a HUGE group of other parents all standing around them saying things like "hey man stop", "you're really hurting him" and the like but not one person in the crowd tried to stop the guy nor did any of them walk away. They just watched this guy beat up on the other guy (in front of their kids mind you) until my partner and I broke it up.
    Last edited by Goofy Daddy; 06-05-2008 at 08:10 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Arguments for real:
    The lady on the right took a CRT to the face pretty hard.
    Security was there (1 person) trying to subdue the guy.

Argument for fake:
    There doesn't look like much provocation or escalation. Just going ballistic out of nowhere.

I have no idea what language they were talking or where this is from, but it's pretty disturbing when we can't tell reality from entertainment any more. Movies like Blair Witch and even Cloverfield have done a lot to blur the line.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The reason I question its authenticity is the two big CRT monitors that the guy picks up and throws. He just grabs them right up. A monitor that is being used would have a power cord and a video cable running into. Most VGA cables can screwed into place, so while there is the chance that both cables were not screwed in, each cable would at least snag for a second or two.
    Bingo! that's what I'm thinking. There's no cords at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast