• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Where's The Best Place to Find and buy a Wii and Wii-fit

Just thought I'd turn to you folks for advice, because - shock of shockers - I know next to nothing about video games, platforms, etc.

Is the "Wii Fit" feature just a "game" as it were that still requires purchase of the basic platform? Kathleen and I had been considering getting the basic package after playing the bowling and tennis games at a friend's house.

Seems like a great concept. We are both looking to get in shape, and this seems like a fun home alternative to gym memberships we wind up hardly ever using.

And from what we can tell on the net, the "Wii Fit" seems perfect for us.

But it seems like any basic Wii product like those mentioned are hard to find.

Any suggestions? Or thoughts if you have and use these?

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Where's The Best Place to Find and buy a Wii and Wii-fit

Hi Barry,

I get a big kick out of the Wii system. It's still not as easy to walk to a Target and pick up the Wii system like it would be for any normal product. Most of the time you need to find out when the next shipment is and get to that store when it opens. The WiiFit is turning out to be much the same. The Fit will be easier to find once all the pre-orders are filled.

A couple of things to help you out: The board for the WiiFit game has a weight limit. Make sure that will work for you. The game that the system comes with (WiiSports) is flat out fun and the boxing is a work out on it's own. If you get the system, PM me because there are some other controllers and gadgets you will need.

Good Luck Barry. Any other questions are welcome.

Chad

• decorating

^ Excellent answer.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Hi Barry,

I get a big kick out of the Wii system. It's still not as easy to walk to a Target and pick up the Wii system like it would be for any normal product. Most of the time you need to find out when the next shipment is and get to that store when it opens. The WiiFit is turning out to be much the same. The Fit will be easier to find once all the pre-orders are filled.

A couple of things to help you out: The board for the WiiFit game has a weight limit. Make sure that will work for you. The game that the system comes with (WiiSports) is flat out fun and the boxing is a work out on it's own. If you get the system, PM me because there are some other controllers and gadgets you will need.

Good Luck Barry. Any other questions are welcome.

Chad
    Awsome answer!! Good luck Barry, good to see you and the misses getting fit together And good to see you !

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Unfortunately aashee's answer is the best. We got lucky and happened to walk into Costco one day when they had them. I hadn't intended on getting one and didn't think this was a big deal. When we got home, one of the controllers didn't work so I said I'll take it back tomorrow. When I got to Costco the next day the guy told me he could refund my money, but they were out of them and didn't know when or if they would get more. I kept mine and bought another controller, best move I made.

Hey aashee, what extra gadgets and controllers are you talking about. We added charging units and extra controllers what else do you have that makes it nice. PM if you want. Thanks
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• decorating

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Hey aashee, what extra gadgets and controllers are you talking about. We added charging units and extra controllers what else do you have that makes it nice. PM if you want. Thanks
    Thats what we have too.
    Also, we got rubber controller covers to help mark which is which and so on.
    And of course, MarioKart. Everyone should own that game.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyalmalthea View Post
    Thats what we have too.
    Also, we got rubber controller covers to help mark which is which and so on.
    And of course, MarioKart. Everyone should own that game.
    I ditto lady's answer. The charging units are well worth the money saving on battaries or running to grab a freshly charged one. We've had the rubber covered ones and totally love them.

• Circle of Ancients

The Wii's are hard to find. I got a call from a friend from NY that wanted a Wii here in CA b/c she had hard time finding one in her city. And she wanted it the same reasons you did but it was for her FIL. He wanted to use it for physical therapy. When she called, I called our local Best Buy to see if any were in stock. There were two on the shelf. She paid me in cash with an extra bonus for purchasing it for her.

I think it's best to call the stores when they get their shipments in and be there first thing in the morning when the store opens.

I kind of almost wished I bought me one but maybe later I will.

Good Luck Barry.