Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Thumbs down This Should Never Happen !!!!!

On Friday, I saw something that was disturbing. I was exiting Sam's Club in Torrance,Ca and saw a man in a autopia outfit. I was shocked!!!
    So I said to the man are you losted? I didn't think I was at Disneyland?
    He said "Yea I work there but I am off and visiting my friends"
    I didn't think that cm were to wear there outfit when not working?
    Yes, as an ap I don't like the fantasy to be tarnished. I wasn't the only one who looked confussed at what he was wearing.

Ok don't want to upset cm. Yet I have to ask, why wear your outfit when you are not working?
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• ROFLCOPTER

Re: This Should Never Happen !!!!!

Its a free country, I dont think theres a law...
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• So!

I agree, I wouldn't want to see anything like that. But at least he wasn't eating one of those giant Sam's Club pizzas, that could do some damage.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    But at least he wasn't eating one of those giant Sam's Club pizzas, that could do some damage.
    *shudder* my intestines hurt just thinking about it.

As far as the topic is concerned, yeah he shouldn't be, but that is the price of having the "fast track" costumes where employees take them home. I would find fault less with the CM and more with the policy.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. God knows if I worked at Disneyland, I'd wear my outfit everywhere I went. Especially if I was a character.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• So!

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. God knows if I worked at Disneyland, I'd wear my outfit everywhere I went. Especially if I was a character.
    Goofy walking down the dairy isle at the local supermarket.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    Goofy walking down the dairy isle at the local supermarket.
    or liquor store, God that would be funny
    What an idiot....

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    or liquor store, God that would be funny
    It would be even better if you had your head off!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    It would be even better if you had your head off!
    scar all the drunks for life.
    What an idiot....

• See what I got?

You guys are too funny. However, I think Where's Barbie has a point. I saw someone walking in half casual clothes and half costume, carrying a plastic grocery bag through DL once, and it irked me. I told my husband, "Walt woulda fired him!" I don't think you're overreacting at all. Actors don't wear their costumes to the store after a performance. Heck, if they did, we'd have blue men group and Cirq de soleil members doing weird things all over town here. It's unprofessional.

• CM for 4 years!

I go out all the time in my costume. The only "real" requirement is that you remove your nametag and wear the full costume as it was supposed to be-- i.e. buttoned, tied, etc.

Maybe you should encourage Matt Ouimet to take away FastTrack, although I hope you won't, because it's hard enough as is to work for Disneyland, I couldn't imagine having to leave an extra 20 minutes early just to change clothes. He already plans on taking it away anyways. Matt took away all the good things Cynthia did for the Disney cast.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I HATE the Fast Track policy. There was once a standard that would have prevented such nonsense. My mom sees people in costumes all the time on the train to work and she hates it. Something you should only see at Disneyland, and certainly even then not half dressed carrying groceries!

When I worked there I didn't have a hard time getting my costume on and getting to my location on time. It was a part of the priveledge of working at the Happiest (and most MAGICAL ) Place on Earth. Seeing people in their costumes in the "real world" removes some of that valuable magic.

Just My Opinion.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Rat Patootie

I think that wearing a costume off stage should be avoided...but I've been there...I've been running late for things or only had so much time...so I change right into my costume after I shower and run to work...I might have to fuel the car, pick up something for lunch, or who knows what...

I've always avoided it when I could though...changing at the park is not easy if you're short on time...
    ºoº.....:::.......*.....,^,.............:..........:...................................*''*
    ..).....:::::.........|..| |.....*......':'..'.:.'..':'.......*........_\(/_.........*_\/_*
    (..':::'.....,^,/ \ | |...............:::o::: Remember,...../)\...........*-/\-*
    .\/|\........,^,| ||_|| |.,^,......*....'.':'.'.........Dreams Come True!...*..*
    .../\....*...| | \/|,-,|\/ | |
    MySpace.com/JivinJonno

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i'm not a fan of the wearing-the-costume-off-stage thing, either. it's weird enough when they have cm's from all over the park in their various costumes working the parade route.

i saw a girl walking down Ball Rd. in her costume & it just wasn't something i'd expect of disney. it's not her fault, since she's going with what the policy is, but i agree that the policy needs to go!
    <o>

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I know why the CM's wear their costumes out of Disneyland, but I agree that it should not be done. When my daughter worked there before they did the fastpass costumes it would be a hassle sometimes to get her costume. But even when she was able to take it home, she would never wear it in public. She would just make sure that she gave herself enough time to get to work and did her errands on her days off so she could go straight home and not have to be seen in the real world in costume.

There must be a better way. I know they lose a LOT of costumes and pieces of costumes. When my daughter worked there they were suspose to be allowed only 15 minutes of costume changing time. Otherwise they were on their own time which if it was busy could take up to 30 minutes to find the costume and get changed depending on how long the line was in costuming. So in one respect this is easier for the CM's.
    But considering how much it is probably costing Disney in lost costumes... they could pay them starting when they get there to change. Granted its been over 3 years since my daughter was there, maybe its different now.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast