Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Someone hit my car, what should I do? (Man Lied)

Thank you for your help everyone. Everything is in the process of being fully resolved.
    Last edited by MsSarah; 06-23-2008 at 01:13 PM.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Re: Someone hit my car, what should I do? (Man Lied)

I would talk to an attorney.

Hopefully the truth will come out in the end...

Did you make sure the CHP knew they switched seats?
    Bad bad bad!

I'm sorry you're in such a crappy situation though. I totally feel for you.
    It's happened to me before.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Circle of Ancients

If you are rear-ended, it's not your fault. What did the passenger say exactly? Did he say you backed up into them?

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaPrincess View Post
    I would talk to an attorney.

Hopefully the truth will come out in the end...

Did you make sure the CHP knew they switched seats?
    Bad bad bad!

I'm sorry you're in such a crappy situation though. I totally feel for you.
    It's happened to me before.
    Yeah, I made a VERY clear point to the CHP that they did in fact switch seats...he completely ignored everything I had to say though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    If you are rear-ended, it's not your fault. What did the passenger say exactly? Did he say you backed up into them?
    Yes, that's what he said...he told the CHP that I was too close to the line so I backed up and hit them...
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Yeah, I made a VERY clear point to the CHP that they did in fact switch seats...he completely ignored everything I had to say though.

Yes, that's what he said...he told the CHP that I was too close to the line so I backed up and hit them...
    You have to get in contact with an attorney or some legal representative to find out what you can do about the situation. If they hit you and were driving drunk, they need to be punished. That is no laughing matter. I have no idea why that officer would dismiss your claim so easily. It's clearly just a case of agism. How old were the two behind you?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

You need to contact your insurance company and tell them what happened and what the other guy is saying. They have accident adjustors who can investigate and tell by your pictures and damage who is telling the truth (in this case you).

• That Guy

Perhaps I am confused.

Did that driver rear-end you? If so, it is that drivers fault. Period. People cannot just 'press charges' on any issue they like.

Don't worry about this, go through the insurance process, and remember the hard part is over. You're safe, and you have a moderately entertaining story.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    You need to contact your insurance company and tell them what happened and what the other guy is saying. They have accident adjustors who can investigate and tell by your pictures and damage who is telling the truth (in this case you).
    I was about to suggest this, but I think it would be a little more difficult to determine this in this situation, unless there is some blatant evidence which screams they hit you, as opposed to you backing up and hitting them. I'm sure they can manage it though.

• That Guy

Also, why do you think the driver was drunk? Police Officers have to go through several weeks of full-time training to be DRE (Drug recognition experts) so they can determine possible impairment.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Who got the ticket? I'm sure it was the car behind you, since they rear ended you. Were you injured? Why do you think the officer believed them, and not you? Have you seen the police report? Was someone else with you in your car? Did anyone else witness the accident or see them switch seats? What did you tell your insurance company? What did your insurance company tell you, after you reported the accident? Is your insurance company contacting the other drivers insurance company?

Just too many facts are not known in order to answer your question.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 06-11-2008 at 06:56 PM.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

You have to get in contact with an attorney or some legal representative to find out what you can do about the situation. If they hit you and were driving drunk, they need to be punished. That is no laughing matter. I have no idea why that officer would dismiss your claim so easily. It's clearly just a case of agism. How old were the two behind you?
    The one who was drunk didn't even look old enough to drink...the passenger was 20 but the drunk only looked like he was maybe 17 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to contact them asap - figures that the day someone hit me is the day the office wasn't open! It's the middle of the week! Jeez

• That Guy

I was about to suggest this, but I think it would be a little more difficult to determine this in this situation, unless there is some blatant evidence which screams they hit you, as opposed to you backing up and hitting them. I'm sure they can manage it though.

Luckily the laws are super simple regarding this.

If you are in a collison where you are hit from behind, it is the driver who struck yous fault (apologies to my 5th grade English teacher)

Unless you put your car in reverse and punch it, it is NOT your fault, and a toddler could tell you that.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Luckily the laws are super simple regarding this.

If you are in a collison where you are hit from behind, it is the driver who struck yous fault (apologies to my 5th grade English teacher)

Unless you put your car in reverse and punch it, it is NOT your fault, and a toddler could tell you that.
    Thank you....my thought exactly. Was there a police report???? Your insurance company is going to want to see that - regardless of whose fault it is........

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Who got the ticket? I'm sure it was the car behind you, since they rear ended you. Were you injured? Why do you think the officer believed them, and not you? Have you seen the police report? Was someone else with you in your car? Did anyone else witness the accident or see them switch seats? What did you tell your insurance company? What did your insurance company tell you, after you reported the accident? Is your insurance company contacting their insurance company?

Just too many facts are not known in order to answer your question.

In reality, the insurance company doesn't care about any of these issues. They need to know the insurance carrier of the other vehicle, and who was issued a citation, plus the DR number. That's it.

Go have a nice glass of wine and don't sweat it.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    The one who was drunk didn't even look old enough to drink...the passenger was 20 but the drunk only looked like he was maybe 17 or so.

Yeah, I'm going to contact them asap - figures that the day someone hit me is the day the office wasn't open! It's the middle of the week! Jeez
    Well if he wasn't old enough, the officer would have gotten him. But, please answer the above questions to make this a little clearer for us all.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast